Derby County Versus Barnsley - Match Day Thread - League 1

S8TY

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree. From the replays, where the camera is in the West Stand, you can barely see contact at all - partly because the camera is behind Collins and the defender. However, from my position in the South Stand, you could clearly see his hands were raised. The way Collins fell onpy looked possible from a push.

Yes likewise, from the SS it looked a clear push as he was preparing to head the ball. Good decision from the ref as often you don't get those. 

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

What a great statement. These breaks are an absolute nuisance. I hate them.

But on this occasion, I think that the break will allow some players a bit more time to get over their injuries. Some not fit enough to play next Saturday may be ok 7 days afterwards, we seen to have quite a few on the treatment table, ATM.

37 minutes ago, ram59 said:

But on this occasion, I think that the break will allow some players a bit more time to get over their injuries. Some not fit enough to play next Saturday may be ok 7 days afterwards, we seen to have quite a few on the treatment table, ATM.

That’s pretty much what Warne was saying post match. He sounded quite optimistic that quite a few will be returning in time for our next league game.

On 11/11/2023 at 18:47, StarterForTen said:

Barnsley should be docked a goal in every game that they wear that horrendous kit. 

Not just me with that opinion then. What’s going on with that concoction. That’s their home kit I take it too? Dear me please never  allow their designers near our black and white 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Not just me with that opinion then. What’s going on with that concoction. That’s their home kit I take it too? Dear me please never  allow their designers near our black and white 

It’s a throwback to some kit they had years ago but they’ve had some rando American designer come up with it despite that. 

Not sure if it’s been covered off elsewhere but did anyone get caught up in the skirmishes at the station?

Barnsley and Derby fans started name calling and there was a bit of a surge with the police as usual caught up in the middle.

The usual kids on artificial bravery substances but also a depressing number of blokes my age who should be setting an example.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Not sure if it’s been covered off elsewhere but did anyone get caught up in the skirmishes at the station?

Barnsley and Derby fans started name calling and there was a bit of a surge with the police as usual caught up in the middle.

The usual kids on artificial bravery substances but also a depressing number of blokes my age who should be setting an example.

Which just means the wonderful South Yorkshire police will be on overdrive for the return fixture.

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Barnsley and Derby fans started name calling...

Blimey!  This takes me back a fair bit!

... Not so much to when football hooliganism was rife, just back to when I was 7 years old!  🤣

19 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Which just means the wonderful South Yorkshire police will be on overdrive for the return fixture.

I went to the away match (mismatch, given how we played!). Our arrival was ruined by the crack-headed schoolkids, and on the way out our beautiful Yorkshire policeman happily directed the away fabs right into the path of the home fans. What a stupid thing to do.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I went to the away match (mismatch, given how we played!). Our arrival was ruined by the crack-headed schoolkids, and on the way out our beautiful Yorkshire policeman happily directed the away fabs right into the path of the home fans. What a stupid thing to do.

South Yorkshire Police are just Met wannabes