Current Form 

H Horsham     D  3-3

H Fleetwood Town    D  2-2

H Shrewsbury Town   W 3-0

A Leyton Orient    D  1-1

A Exeter City      W  1-0

A Cambridge United   W 4-0

Top Goalscorer - Devante Cole  - 11 Goals 

Boom! so after a 4-1 win at home to Wolves U21 I carry on with the match day thread and onto a tricky but important home fixture to fellow promotion rivals Barnsley.

Certainly for many this is a really important game and test for our new found resurgence and slightly different playing style and Barnsley themselves are in a good run of unbeaten form.

Will Paul Warne keep with our recent tactics of actually trying to play some football and mix up our game a bit or go back to his earlier, more direct approach ?

I for one hope he sticks with what has got us results recently and think most fans on here would be happier too

Onto the game itself and our opponents Barnsley are definitely a difficult opponent and the obvious threat has to be top goalscorer Devante Cole who is not only Barnsley's top goalscorer but also leads the way in League 1 with 11 goals from 15 games , ( equal with Alfie May also on 11 goals )a really good return from there top man.

Saying that though there next top scorer Callum Styles has only got 3 goals so maybe if we can stop Cole we stop Barnsley ?

It will certainly be a dilemma as Barnsley are also the top scorers in our division on 31 goals conceding 15 which is the same as us.

Team selection will be very interesting for this game , does Warne make changes from the last two unchanged line ups ?( not EFL Trophy ) 

For me I'd like Warne to keep the same side with Bradley keeping his place as I don't think Sonny did anything to warrant being dropped and has made a difference to our team.

Think it will be really important to be tight in this game early on  and get off to a good fast start and looking at results like there recent 2-2 draw at home to Fleetwood should give us encouragement to go for it, lets have a proper go and try and dominate the ball and the game .

I see another victory for us and a warning shot to others that we're back in the game and on the march , see you all again next match thread 👍🏻

COYR

Ideal Team:

Wildsmith 
Nyambe  Nelson  Cashin  Wilson
                       Hourihane
              Bird                     Sibley
Mendez                                            Barks
                         Collins

Tad harsh on Fozzy who I dont think has put a foot wrong, but Kane Wilson is our best attacking fullback, and when fit, for me he has to play.

Sibley over Smith as, to me, we were crying out for some composure of attack in the final 3rd when overlapping, and Smith was the furthest forward CM who didnt seem to know what to do when he got the ball in their box (would happily have Fornah in place here, as I felt he was growing into games and was becoming a real presence).

Collins over Washington, again harsh on Washington who's done no wrong, but if Warne is going to insist on getting crosses into the box, Collins has to be the target man.

This starting 11 for me:

Wildsmith 
Nyambe  Nelson  Cashin  Elder
                       Fornah 
              Bird                Hourihane
Mendez                                          Barks
                     Washington

Collins, Weston, Wilson, Sibley, Ward, Bradley, Vickers

Fozzy not been at his best recently so a rest to re-charge the batteries.

Sounds like Weston had a really good debut so give him a chance from the bench, confidence high after his goal.

Collins to be rewarded for his hattrick. Elder to drop to the bench after completing the full 90, but to come on in the 2nd half.

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Bird   Hourihane

Wilson   Sibley   Mendez=Laing

Collins

Subs: Bradley, Ward, Elder, Smith, Fornah, Barkhuizen, Waghington

Like to see 

Wildsmith 

Nyambe  Bradley  Nelson  Fozzy

Smith    Hourihane 

Bird 

NML               Washington       Barks 

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Bradley forsyth

Smith

Bird             Houriane 

NML                                  Barks

Collins 

vickers, ward, elder, cashin, Fornah, Washington, wilson 

Tough on sibley but just don’t think he fits into the plans at the moment

i would play Fornah instead of smith but with him playing 90mins I don’t think he will start 

Edited by Paultheram

Bradley ahead of Cashin …………….…….am I missing something!

31 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Like to see 

Wildsmith 

Nyambe  Bradley  Nelson  Fozzy

Smith    Hourihane 

Bird 

NML               Washington       Barks 

7 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Wildsmith

Smith

Collins 

i would play Fornah instead of smith but with him playing 90mins I don’t think he will start 

5 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Bradley ahead of Cashin …………….…….am I missing something!

Cashin will be off in January and I doubt we'll be able to push for a loan back this time .  As such, I expect Bradley will get more game time to protect against injury for a sale and He'll be playing then anyway as We've got him for this season at least and probably two.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Cashin will be off in January and I doubt we'll be able to push for a loan back this time .  As such, I expect Bradley will get more game time to protect against injury for a sale and He'll be playing then anyway as We've got him for this season at least and probably two.

Im expecting Bird and maybe Sibley to be “off in January” do we leave them out?👍

46 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

...vickers, ward, elder, cashin, Fornah, Washington, wilson 

After seeing Fapetu play he may as well start he looked as 'good' as Fornah and somewhat more inventive.

8 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Im expecting Bird and maybe Sibley to be “off in January” do we leave them out?👍

Sibley will get his normal game time- intermittent.  As per Cashin, if Birds off he'll get very limited game time during December.  The club won't risk the loss of revenue if fees are agreed for a January move 

56 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Wildsmith

Smith

Collins 

There is a good chance Ward will not be on the bench he has suffered a set back in his recovery....no waghorn definitely out.

Likely to be:

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth

Hourihane Smith Bird

NML Washington Barks

But if he's feeling adventurous maybe a 4-2-3-1

Hourihane Bird

NML Sibley Wilson

Washington.

But little or no chance. 

Regardless of whether Cashin is off in Jan, we should play our strongest team in every league game and he's ahead of Bradley by some distance. Bird might be off, Nyambe might be off, we still need them to play as they're our best players.

Collins did well in midweek but hasn't shown enough in the league to warrant a start and you'd imagine his game would be meat and drink to a team like Barnsley.

Anyway, it has the feeling of a big game in this league so hopefully will be a good atmosphere and a good game.