January Reinforcements

sage

24 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

The plughole is in the middle.

And it was a 7. Although had more substance than the rumour that we were actually going to sign a centre forward

Really runny and sloppy, then!

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

It's just clickbait from a crap journo - it states we've made a move, but then says we've been linked with/showing an interest in him. Typical of the quality of the DET receently....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Oh no - tell them I was wrong and the crap journo was right.....

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Too late mate. They'll be off their food for days now.... 😔

In all seriousness, it does strike me as wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened. Let's be honest, this forum could do with a lift right now and getting a half decent striker through the door would be just fine and dandy with me. Sadly, I fear that ship may have sailed though.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why are people desperate for a 34-year old Dwight Gayle with 8 goals (from 99 appearances!!!) in the last five years to his name?

I'm happy to just wait for Washington to get back fit or bring Brown back when we can.

If we have to put NML or TB up there and scrap out wins, then fine. 

Not sure folk are desperate per se, but personally I'd love to have him as an option. He has a big class edge over what we have already and to be fair, if Ipswich thought he could add something, then he'd surely do some damage in L1.

As it is, it looks very unlikely as I'd assume it would already have happened if it was going to. Looking forwards, Washington is going to need a handful of games at least to get match sharp and that assumes no further relapses. Waggy seems to be struggling with no imminent return in sight. All in all, it seems a big risk not getting anyone else in. Just my opinion, mind! 

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why are people desperate for a 34-year old Dwight Gayle with 8 goals (from 99 appearances!!!) in the last five years to his name?

I'm happy to just wait for Washington to get back fit or bring Brown back when we can.

I'm with you on this, except if we're able to do a deal for him, he might just be the man we need off the bench in the last 15 mins when we need a goal, the opposition are camped and we're running out of ideas. While never prolific other than at his spell at West Brom, he was always a terrific finisher - better I'd argue than any of the current players - and if that got us 2 or 3 goals, it might be the 2 or 3 goals that makes a difference between 2nd and 3rd.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Probably a lot as sub.  Would he get 7 or 8 in this league before the season ends, most likely.  Could that make a huge difference in a top 4 this tight, most likely.  Are his wages for 6 months affordable, don't know. 

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Just heard we offered £200,000 for Lee Gregory, apparently their chairman wanted £260,000 and we said no.

The Wednesday chairman then told Gregory that if he wanted to go he would have to pay him the £60,000.

Now he’s got to pay his wages till the end of the season.

Man- I hope they get relegated- SO much  🤞 🙏