January Reinforcements

sage

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That works out at around £16K per week, which in my view is bloody outrageous.

Would have been a 17 week loan which would be under 12k a week but I assume some of the 200k would have been an up front loan fee. Overall wouldn’t have been that bad of a deal if true. 

9 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

Yes I think it was Leonard. I heard we had an agreement day before then hit a snag then agreed for the manager to say no late on?

If I heard right that very much links to Leonard as they had an American striker about to sign then it was off deadline day then back on again (only for the manager to say no)

Since then it appears Blackburns manager is about to quit with disagreements with hierarchy so with this and the way Warne spoke about about the target seemed like it was a young player. I base this on his terminology he said kid or boy in his RD interview. 

So yes 2+2=4 it was Leonard 😂

Thank God they're not in charge of the US nuclear arsenal......

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/06/mcguire-transfer-collapsed-after-blackburn-pressed-wrong-button-on-website

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

If they decide to allow the transfer then it stinks of EFL corruption when we weren't allowed to sign Kieftenbeld after he signed the wrong box.

How's that for a conspiracy? Amidoingitright?

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

So the reason we missed out on our striker deal at the 11th hour was again down to an administrative error, but this time by Blackburn Rovers.

If the EFL allow the transfer, maybe they will allow us to get the player from Blackburn as a result.

11 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Would have been a 17 week loan which would be under 12k a week but I assume some of the 200k would have been an up front loan fee. Overall wouldn’t have been that bad of a deal if true. 

Rams are keeping the “Bird Deal” very quiet. So we have to guess. He must have got a wage rise when he signed for Bristol City , so we will be paying his wages of around £15k a week . No loan fee I hope . How much did we get paid ? Coming to the end of his contract , around £300k ? Swallowed up by our losses unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rams are keeping the “Bird Deal” very quiet. So we have to guess. He must have got a wage rise when he signed for Bristol City , so we will be paying his wages of around £15k a week . No loan fee I hope . How much did we get paid ? Coming to the end of his contract , around £300k ? Swallowed up by our losses unfortunately.

How have we kept it "very quiet"? We announced the sale and loan back on Feb 1st... are you expecting the club to send reminders out?

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

TBH, if I was going to guess, I wouldn't start from the same place you did. Even the most optimistic Bristol fans don't think he'll have cost them less than what the standard compensation would be (see @Ghost of Clough posts for details) and there's every reason to think that the only reason we allowed Bristol to secure his signature now was that the deal made financial and practical sense for DCFC. BCFC did it to avoid a bidding war with other interested clubs (of which there would have been plenty). Even at £2m, they've got a relative bargain.

Edited by Crewton

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How have we kept it "very quiet"? We announced the sale and loan back on Feb 1st... are you expecting the club to send reminders out?

So , you know some of the details do you ?Many clubs will announce what they got for a player . DCFC did say they had had a derisory bid for Bird .

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

Most transfers seem to be fee “undisclosed “ these days 

There are pages and pages on here - ITK and speculation about transfers . We know Rice and Hernandez were £100 mill each . Just saying , Rams are keeping it quiet .🤷🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

There are pages and pages on here - ITK and speculation about transfers . We know Rice and Hernandez were £100 mill each . Just saying , Rams are keeping it quiet .🤷🏻‍♂️

I honestly cannot remember the last time DCFC disclosed a fee. Over the last few years they always seem to have been undisclosed. 

38 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did Arsenal actually come out to say it was £100m, or was that just media speculation? I've looked on the Arsenal wesbite and on their signing announcement they didn't state a fee, and didn't even bother stating "undisclosed". Is that any different to Bird's sale and the £2m fee suggested?

40 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I've just taken a look at EFL signings on transfer deadline day on the BBC website (so not entirely reliable 😊). I can't see any where a fee is detailed but there about 28 "undisclosed".

58 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So , you know some of the details do you ?Many clubs will announce what they got for a player . DCFC did say they had had a derisory bid for Bird .

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

TBH, if I was going to guess, I wouldn't start from the same place you did. Even the most optimistic Bristol fans don't think he'll have cost them less than what the standard compensation would be (see @Ghost of Clough posts for details) and there's every reason to think that the only reason we allowed Bristol to secure his signature now was that the deal made financial and practical sense for DCFC. BCFC did it to avoid a bidding war with other interested clubs (of which there would have been plenty). Even at £2m, they've got a relative bargain.

@jimtastic56 Do you even read what others have posted?

Not speculation or pot stirring for the sake of it, the compensation for developed players is very clearly specified, and as @Crewtonsaid, @Ghost of Cloughhas on numerous occasions shared that breakdown for the rest of us.

The only real risk to getting a decent fee was if he went abroad, as I don't think the compensation is quite as good as domestic transfers 

Edited by Rich84
Clarify who