January Reinforcements

sage

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The fact he has gone to a non league club would lead me to believe we don't think he is ready for League One football yet?

Maybe but surely its better having someone for back up, then nobody? 

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mean in fairness to Warne. If you have agreed everything, medical booked, clubs agreed, players agreed.

For their gaffer to say at 8pm actually no, I have changed my mind.

There really isn't a lot you can do is there. 

Are you new to the forum? 😂

He should have had a line of 10 strikers outside the medical room in case of all eventualities. 

Shows how far we have fallen that nobody else would attend a medical.

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Maybe but surely its better having someone for back up, then nobody? 

We have Barkhuizen and NML who could play up top if we were desperate. 

Then we have Washington and Waghorn returning from injury.

Then we could use u21 strikers.

So its ridiculous to say that we've got nobody.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Exactly. If Thompson had been given opportunities last season, we wouldn't have needed to sign White last January. It may have been a factor in not needing to use up some of the budget on Fornah in the summer too. Same applies for Robinson.

I( think back to Cashin's introduction to the first team. Honestly, I wouldn't have put him above L2 standard at the time, which is where I feel Brown is at now. Would Warne have started him, when we still had Davies, Forsyth and Bielik as the other options at CB? 
Would have have given Plange his debut when we still had Jozwiak and Stearman on the bench?
Would he have played Williams at LWB and Forsyth CB and leave Stearman on the bench?

Put simply, Warne's mentality is wrong for this club. Wilson's the youngest player he's permanently signed for us and he's 23. Out of his Rotherham signings who joined at a younger age, 

22/23:
None used. A 21 yo keeper played 45 mins under the following manager and has been a free agent since the summer

21/22:
None used, but signed a keeper who has since retired

20/21:
20 yo keeper who has been a regular starter

19/20:
20 yo LB who featured for 622 mins in all competitions over 2 seasons before being moved on
19 yo LW who got 176 mins
22 year old Ogbene who was as squad player in his first season, then got just 606 mins in the Championship the following season before being a regualr starter in L1 aged 24.
21 year old Olusunde who was as squad player for 2 years and has only set foot on a football field 3 times since.

18/19:
None signed

17/18:
22 yo CM who got 1832 mins in all competitions over 2 seasons before being moved on
20 yo CB who got 180 mins before being shipped out to non-league sides.
22 yo winger who got 242 in all competitions over 2 seasons before being moved on

16/17:
19 yo LB who got 1756 mins in all competitions over 2 seasons before being moved on

That's only 1 succesful young signing!!!

Out of interest in the same period for Derby, how many have we had ?

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Has he said anything about free transfers?

Didn't get mentioned in the BBC Interview the 5min clip I've just watched. Think he gave a pretty good assessment of it obviously only 2 names got leaked so fans are fixated on "we were messing with one club" but he said he had 15 names and it was the same across the board they needed people in before they let people go and it all came to a standstill. Only criticism would be letting Brown go too early In that case we played our hand too soon.

33 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mean in fairness to Warne. If you have agreed everything, medical booked, clubs agreed, players agreed.

For their gaffer to say at 8pm actually no, I have changed my mind.

There really isn't a lot you can do is there. 

This is a quote from someone who's known for being pretty close to ITK.

"Not the story I was told. The player we were hoping to sign on loan was Niall Ennis, the ex-Burton striker, who later played for Plymouth and Blackburn. Money-rich Blackburn had set up a deal to sign Duncan McGuire but pulled out the day before due to funds not available from the sale of Wharton. He then was off to Sheffield Wednesday which would have allowed Smith to come here. Then Blackburn changed their minds and have signed him on a short-term loan and sold Ennis to Stoke City"

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Didn't get mentioned in the BBC Interview the 5min clip I've just watched. Think he gave a pretty good assessment of it obviously only 2 names got leaked so fans are fixated on "we were messing with one club" but he said he had 15 names and it was the same across the board they needed people in before they let people go and it all came to a standstill. Only criticism would be letting Brown go too early In that case we played our hand too soon.

Ah right, no wonder no teams made any signings. 

Think Warne was good in his presser,

Said we also were first choice for 2 young prem loans if they were to become available. My guess is Mubama and Fraser.

Was honest saying he wanted a striker and probably should have had one but a lot went wrong late on. 

Id be pointing the finger at Pearce and Thomas personally.

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Cheers pal I am surprised he wasn’t asked about free agents tbf 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah right, no wonder no teams made any signings. 

He also admitted we're pretty rubbish with overseas recruitment and that needs addressing, said that we won't go into the same mess we've just come out of throwing money at players which again is fair enough I think

3 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Out of interest in the same period for Derby, how many have we had ?

If we exclude our U18/21 signings:

22/23:
19 yeo Rooney
19 yo Oduroh who was given limited game time by Rosenior, then binned off by Warne

21/22:
None signed

20/21:
22 yo winger - cost £4m, sold for £2m

19/20:
21 yo Bielik - cost £8m, sold for up to £1m

18/19:
None signed

17/18:
None signed

16/17:
None signed

Up until 2019, MM gambled on the experienced route. Some players such as Lawrence and Holmes just missed the age cut off. Whilst the plan was for any signigns aged 21 or youngesr to come throguh the U18/21/23 squads first - Hutchinson, Plange, Ebiowei (all excluded from my list)

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They tend to, so why would an owner put any incoming money in a pot to spend rather than reducing the losses he is funding?

Is that Portsmouth and Bolton have done this year? Impressive if they have with the signings they've made.