January Reinforcements

sage

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Depends if that's the loan fee or wage contribution (or both) - it's the equivalent to just under £12k per week

I didn’t get any details, just the amount, also that Chansiri wouldn’t let Smith leave.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Depends if that's the loan fee or wage contribution (or both) - it's the equivalent to just under £12k per week

He was on £12,000 a week at Stoke when we took him on loan previously - no idea what he cost us apart from maybe a Whittaker 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Just heard we offered £200,000 for Lee Gregory, apparently their chairman wanted £260,000 and we said no.

The Wednesday chairman then told Gregory that if he wanted to go he would have to pay him the £60,000.

Now he’s got to pay his wages till the end of the season.

I mentioned when we were in for Smith that it if a player isn't playing, is getting on a bit and has probably a far bit of cash from a few years at a good level, they could help out by foregoing some wage to get the move.  Seems that's what's happened here .

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe it was Gregory?

Didn't sound like it. Warren specifically said the chairman, player, agent had all agreed & the manager pulled the plug on the deal. With Wednesday it was well publicized it was the chairman making the demands we wouldn't agree too.

3 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Didn't sound like it. Warren specifically said the chairman, player, agent had all agreed & the manager pulled the plug on the deal. With Wednesday it was well publicized it was the chairman making the demands we wouldn't agree too.

Don't tell me that d***head has switched his attention from boxing to football.

6 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Niall Ennis. Went to Stoke instead.

29 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Niall Ennis. Went to Stoke instead.

No, it wasn’t Ennis, not trying to be ITK all of a sudden but as I mentioned briefly on Saturday I met Mr Clowes on the way to the ground and we had a brief conversation.

He said it was disappointing that the deal fell through at the last minute and I said was it Ennis, and he said no. Didn’t say who it was though, guess that’s the end of my journalism career 😂

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No, it wasn’t Ennis, not trying to be ITK all of a sudden but as I mentioned briefly on Saturday I met Mr Clowes on the way to the ground and we had a brief conversation.

He said it was disappointing that the deal fell through at the last minute and I said was it Ennis, and he said no. Didn’t say who it was though, guess that’s the end of my journalism career 😂

Yeah definitely wasn't Ennis as Warne alluded that the player remained at the club.

30 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Yeah definitely wasn't Ennis as Warne alluded that the player remained at the club.

But he was the guy BT mentioned. I thought that was what you asked?

On 01/02/2024 at 19:44, Big Trav said:

So not great news unfortunately, Niall Ennis was the player booked in today for a loan to buy. However he got a late bid and looks to be off to Stoke. Can only imagine we are scrambling around to find someone 

*Sorry if I'm being dim mate. Long day!

Edited by Comrade 86

48 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I got the impression is with Harry Leonard (also at Blackburn). I know they were planning to loan him out, so something must have happened to change those plans.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I got the impression is with Harry Leonard (also at Blackburn). I know they were planning to loan him out, so something must have happened to change those plans.

This fits with Dom Dietrich stating that it was a player who had not been linked to us at all.

Yes I think it was Leonard. I heard we had an agreement day before then hit a snag then agreed for the manager to say no late on?

If I heard right that very much links to Leonard as they had an American striker about to sign then it was off deadline day then back on again (only for the manager to say no)

Since then it appears Blackburns manager is about to quit with disagreements with hierarchy so with this and the way Warne spoke about about the target seemed like it was a young player. I base this on his terminology he said kid or boy in his RD interview. 

So yes 2+2=4 it was Leonard 😂