January Reinforcements

sage

30 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Not sure if it was a club, radio or paper interview but there's an interview with Warne saying that Bird is back for free. 

Welcome Back Smile GIF by Hollyoaks
Caught on camera returning to PP with Mum and Dad 

Edited by SKRam
Added text

Please don’t slate me as I’m only passing on what I was told and in no way ITK.

I am friends with an Ipswich fan who is adamant that Kayd Jackson was the one we were signing only for the manager deciding last minute to keep him despite signing Kieffer Moore. 

7 hours ago, The 1 amp said:

Please don’t slate me as I’m only passing on what I was told and in no way ITK.

I am friends with an Ipswich fan who is adamant that Kayd Jackson was the one we were signing only for the manager deciding last minute to keep him despite signing Kieffer Moore. 

Scored 6 in his last 59 games so it sounds like our man 

9 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Yes I read somewhere that Bristol were paying all his wages

Who's paying his wages hire and when is fairly irrelevant. A package has been agreed whereby Bristol pay us a sum for his transfer and allow him to stay for the remainder of the season. I'm sure the methodology of how the finances have been sorted out, will have been done with our business plan in mind, much like the unusual CBT package.

59 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

We signed anyone yet?

I'd be surprised if we do.

Wash and Waggy are allegedly back soon so makes no sense to add unless we think Gayle or Joao will drastically improve us. 

Personally i'd happily bring another in but thats because i don't rate Wash or Waggy.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

I'd be surprised if we do.

Wash and Waggy are allegedly back soon so makes no sense to add unless we think Gayle or Joao will drastically improve us. 

Personally i'd happily bring another in but thats because i don't rate Wash or Waggy.

was taking micky youth dont worry 🤣

Summer suggestion since no one will start the thread...

GK - Radek Vitek (Accrington, on loan from Man Utd). 3 clean sheets in 4 games since he joined them on loan. Good on the ball as you'd expect from a Man Utd keeper bit also a very good shot stopper. A 6'5" giant.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Summer suggestion since no one will start the thread...

GK - Radek Vitek (Accrington, on loan from Man Utd). 3 clean sheets in 4 games since he joined them on loan. Good on the ball as you'd expect from a Man Utd keeper bit also a very good shot stopper. A 6'5" giant.

I thought the Shrewsbury goalkeeper looked useful with two good saves and was mobile around the box last Saturday 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Wildsmith, Fozzy, Sibley, Thommo, Smith, Barks, Collins, Waggy also.

I'd like to think there may be one or two that could come through from the academy and we can get Rooney back. 

And of that list I'd hope we're trying to extend a few.

But yes, your main point is valid. A few "good chaps" are going to be needed.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd like to think there may be one or two that could come through from the academy and we can get Rooney back. 

And of that list I'd hope we're trying to extend a few.

But yes, your main point is valid. A few "good chaps" are going to be needed.

Yes, I don't know what has been proposed yet for the younger ones like Sibley and Thommo, but whilst acknowledging that they have some improving to do, I think they're worth keeping. Wildsmith seems unwilling to sign a new contract, which is disappointing since the move here effectively kick-started his career, and imagine the others will depend on what division we're in, but I suspect it's the end of the line for Fozzy as a player at least, and we need better and much younger than Smith and Waggy.

33 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, I don't know what has been proposed yet for the younger ones like Sibley and Thommo, but whilst acknowledging that they have some improving to do, I think they're worth keeping. Wildsmith seems unwilling to sign a new contract, which is disappointing since the move here effectively kick-started his career, and imagine the others will depend on what division we're in, but I suspect it's the end of the line for Fozzy as a player at least, and we need better and much younger than Smith and Waggy.

I think it depends which league we are in - as well as which manager will be in charge for next season as they may want totally different types of players 

Regarding the January transfer window and the purchases and sales, Warne is getting quite a hammering for not signing a striker. But where does the blame lie?

I suspect that there's not a simple answer, Warne will surely indicate who he wants at the club, but others negotiate the transfer fees and contracts. Then you have the situation where everybody has done their job, only for some outside force arrive on the scene and throw a great big spanner in the works.