January Reinforcements

sage

Personally I think we only need a direct replacement for whoever leaves, and someone to score goals, unless TJJ gets fit and becomes that player.

Although I think someone with a strong physical presence up front would be good as an alternative, Collins doesn't really offer that, so I'd see them as a replacement for him in the squad.

But No 1 target has to be to get Nyambe signed up beyond Jan

Sign Nyambe to a longer contract. Replace Cashin if he goes with another young(ish) cb (I was impressed by Sraha for Shrewsbury the other week, he’s only 20).
Another forward option, would prefer the club gamble on a younger player with potential (Lee Bonis?) than pay over the odds for experience (Clarke-Harris?) but I know others won’t agree and have no knowledge or stats to back up my stance.

Maybe another younger midfield option, Moxon from Cambridge? 

Ideally reinforce in Jan for a push towards promotion in the second half of the season, with those players recruited also part of the squad build for next summer as several will probably be moving on. 

As a very bare minimum, one mobile striker and a midfielder with bite who is also capable of getting forward. Then on top of that, we will need replacements for Bird, Hourihane, Collins if they leave. We can cover for Cashin as Forsyth/Nyambe can move to CB and we have Elder, Ward, Wilson as FB. But we must keep Nyambe.

Hoping Bird stays because he should be the best player in this division and is capable of being the best player in the Championship if allowed to play his own game and plays at a high tempo where one touch is much easier. Still time for a top 2 finish and that should be the aim. But we will need Bird at his best.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Maybe another younger midfield option, Moxon from Cambridge? 

Is Moxon the Carlisle midfielder? If so I didn’t think he was particularly good against us but he saw the ball enough to suggest he’s probably better than that most weeks.

2 hours ago, sage said:

As we appear to have some wriggle room and may be netting £3m plus for Cashin, what positions do you think we need to recruit in, what kind of player?

We aren't getting 3 mill plus in January for Cashin he will then only have 6 months left on his contract so could walk for development costs only.If Brighton or anyone else are interested they will want a cut price deal.