Pro Warne

Jram

Well Boxing Day was the kind of performance I was wishing for pre-game.

Dominated the game, left Wigan feeding off scraps. Played it long if needed, down the channels when there was room and played intricate, fast-moving, skilful football for decent periods.

Collins worked his socks off but we should have been out of sight. As I said either JJ needs to be starting regularly or he needs to go back and we need a more pacey and clinical striker if possible to lead the line regularly. 

The keeper, Niambe, Forsyth, Cashin and Nelson look supreme for this level. Bradley looks OK as replacement with lots of full/wing back options.

Bird is playing well. Hourihane seems more mobile at the moment and while Fornah runs a bit hot n cold on his day he looks a real presence. So maybe a bit of creativity in the midfield and/or pace on the wing and we look really strong.

First time in a while we have dominated a team so completely. Currently looks like Portsmouth,  Bolton...us and maybe Peterborough.  

Failure to finish top 6 now would mean the end for Warne. Don't see it though. Top 4...but can we recruit and change up another gear and get out this league.

This is where Warne's experience should be crucial. 

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Warne Out Out Thread…….

”Your so quiet you sound like Nottingham”………

Go Green Womens Soccer GIF by Michigan State Athletics

Thing about it you cant argue that people wanted him gone, yesterday is the best i have seen a PW side but i also think it did us a favour going 2-0 down as they was happy to try and soak up the pressure but they were awful at the back. Even tho we have won 8 of the last 9 alot of the proformances wasnt good enough but still managed to win is a great thing and well done to warne for managing to turn it around i feel like the confidence is the main thing in the team is why we are getting better, but still think we have another gear in us

14 minutes ago, Jram said:

I love how smug this thread has become 👏👏 let’s enjoy it now before going 9 without a win in Feb/March 😂

It’s football and that could happen. We’d know better if there wasn’t a transfer window to negotiate…

Either way, I’m just enjoying both the good times and the absence of the armchair experts who were spoiling the Forum for me a few months ago. It would be wonderful to have a successful season for all kinds of reasons😄

20 minutes ago, Jram said:

I love how smug this thread has become 👏👏 let’s enjoy it now before going 9 without a win in Feb/March 😂

If we don’t have our usual meltdown , we look good for promotion . If the club sells Cashin ( the only player that would be comfortable in the Championship). I would expect Warne to be furious.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Cashin ( the only player that would be comfortable in the Championship

Plenty of other players in our squad who could be comfortable in the championship, Wildsmith, Vickers, Bird, NML, Nelson, Ryanbe, Sibley, Thomson, Hourihane, Fozzie (If he decides not to retire) Ward, Elder, Wilson just to name a few.

14 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Plenty of other players in our squad who could be comfortable in the championship, Wildsmith, Vickers, Bird, NML, Nelson, Ryanbe, Sibley, Thomson, Hourihane, Fozzie (If he decides not to retire) Ward, Elder, Wilson just to name a few.

Sorry , I think you are dreaming . We will need a total re-build to stay up . And Warne knows what it will take . A good start would be to keep Cashin . 

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry , I think you are dreaming . We will need a total re-build to stay up . And Warne knows what it will take . A good start would be to keep Cashin . 

I think there’s quite a few players in the squad who would be good enough in the championship plus a few younger ones who are nowhere near their ceiling (Bird, Sibs, Thomson, Wilson)

I don’t think it’s a total rebuild. Probably would still need to sign potentially ten players though 

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think Nyambe, Nelson and Cashin with perhaps a new left back could do a job as a championship defence. Bird is clearly capable of playing at championship level having done so before, same with Sibley.
If we go we’ll need to improve the squad and certain areas of the pitch but to suggest only Cashin could cut it in the championship is (in my opinion) disrespectful to some of the players we’ve got. 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think Nyambe, Nelson and Cashin with perhaps a new left back could do a job as a championship defence. Bird is clearly capable of playing at championship level having done so before, same with Sibley.
If we go we’ll need to improve the squad and certain areas of the pitch but to suggest only Cashin could cut it in the championship is (in my opinion) disrespectful to some of the players we’ve got. 

I like Nelson , but he did get relegated with Blackpool. I did use the word “Comfortable” in the Championship. I am very disappointed Sibley can’t hold a place down in the 3rd tier , as I thought the lad had a great future at one time . My main point is - we can’t sell Cashin .

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I like Nelson , but he did get relegated with Blackpool. I did use the word “Comfortable” in the Championship. I am very disappointed Sibley can’t hold a place down in the 3rd tier , as I thought the lad had a great future at one time . My main point is - we can’t sell Cashin .

Blackpool’s relegation wasn’t necessarily down to Nelson though, was it? He’s currently part of a very solid looking defensive unit, if we go up this season then strengthen in midfield and up front, adding some depth at cb to cover Nelson and Cashin (Jake Rooney will perhaps be an option depending on his recovery) I wouldn’t be terrified going into the Championship with our current back 5….just the lack of real pace back there would be a concern. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Sorry youth, but you've had a 'mare there. Just because a player has a relegation under his belt doesn't mean it was his fault.

Remember, he only joined them in January from Cardiff.

I wonder if he'd signed for us in January, it would have made any difference to our campaign?

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Blackpool’s relegation wasn’t necessarily down to Nelson though, was it? He’s currently part of a very solid looking defensive unit, if we go up this season then strengthen in midfield and up front, adding some depth at cb to cover Nelson and Cashin (Jake Rooney will perhaps be an option depending on his recovery) I wouldn’t be terrified going into the Championship with our current back 5….just the lack of real pace back there would be a concern. 

My Blackpool mate says he was very solid for them.

We are playing some good stuff at the minute and are in good form, but that doesn't suddenly mean that the first half of the season didn't happen.

Perhaps i'm just somewhat pessimistic but I can't help but feel like we've been here before with this club at this point of the season. It's usually followed by a sub-par January window and then...the dip...

Let's hope we've learnt our lesson(s).

Also; on Warne himself - glad the team, and therefore he, is doing well, but there's just something about his Brentian interviews, his constant digs at supporters and his general communication style that just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry!

Edited by Nuwtfly