Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

7 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

apologies accepted 👍

On 29/01/2024 at 19:49,  S8TY said: 

I’ve mentioned this before but I spoke to one of the fa assessors regarding Rosenior and at the time I was very dubious about him as assistant like some on here I wondered if he had any input 

I was told by the assessor himself that …Rosenior was one of the brightest most innovative young coaches he’d seen and said he’d go on to be a great coach and maybe manager …it changed my mind about him and he should’ve been given until the end of the season as minimum ….instead we have archaeic Warne ball percentage basketball end to end no midfield garbage 

Well you support my point. You say we are all shouting for Liam, and you give one example from what, 2 weeks ago. And S8TY wasnt asking for him back. He just said in hindsight he should have been given more time. Not sure why you are looking for an apology either. You seem to be coming over as a bit of a t*****.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Well you support my point. You say we are all shouting for Liam, and you give one example from what, 2 weeks ago. And S8TY wasnt asking for him back. He just said in hindsight he should have been given more time. Not sure why you are looking for an apology either. You seem to be coming over as a bit of a t*****.

Who said they were asking for him back, you jumped on my post saying it was a straw man, when I mentioned that posters still compare LRs football to PWs.

Although if you wish to correct me on that as well, feel free, as per the post, it's doing exactly that. Not sure why I'm coming across as the t***, your the one who challenged the post and then when I provide evidence to back it up, which you asked for, get all arsey 😊

41 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So what? It seems some fans are reluctant to accept, primarily after going into administration and attempting to deal with the aftermath of that, WE ARE a League one club like it or not. We have to earn promotion with the resources available and within the restrictions we have to work under and do what we can to succeed.

In our current position, I'm not in the least concerned about how we would fare in the Championshop should we get there next season - let's worry about that when the time comes. 

Poor us. It's a miracle we're this far awaay from relegation with our pathetic c£14m wage bill. Warne should be manager of the year based on where we are in the league and the budget available to him.

To help copare our amazing useof funds, Bolton and Charlton were only just above the £10m mark in their last set of accounts. No other current L1 was above that figure.

14 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Isn’t helpful especially in this topic? What does that mean?

As in, it’s not helpful because this is a topic in which people want to argue for sacking the manager and pointing out that the club (despite some very poor performances) are still at the right end of the table doesn’t support that one perspective?

Surely on a forum in which views and opinions are meant to be shared and discussed (ideally with some respect to opposing ideas) it’s entirely helpful to discuss that we are well positioned in the league despite our lacklustre performances at times, and therefore there’s still room for optimism and it doesn’t all need to be doom and gloom. 

I realise now why I took a week off, I’m just going to stick to matchday threads I think. 

Its not helpful to ignore caveats regarding how well the team is doing on a topic regarding how well the manager is doing.

I agree, views and opinions are meant to be shared on the forum. You wouldn't think that recently given the vitriol directed at anyone who expresses any sort of negative opinion of Warne.

All I did was highlight something obvious everyone's ignoring. What's wrong with that?

A few people on here use the ‘let Warne get us out of the division’ argument.

I remember a similar argument with regards to Billy getting us out of the Championship.

He did the job but, because he’d drummed a negative anti-football mindset into the players, we were then  ill equipped for what laid in what and, despite a few transfers, produced a team that is now the butt of everyone’s jokes.

Are we so happy that the mindless tactics and negative thinking, I.e., setting up to nullify the mighty Shrewsbury at home, may cause irreparable damage that our players may not easily recover from, even if we bought in some new faces.

Short-term, ‘just get us up Warnie’ thinking may only kick-the-can down the road to next season where we’re languishing at the bottom of the championship.

Ipswich from last year should be our model, try and get some sort of footballing philosophy going that you can build on if/when you move upwards; although I do accept they had a transfer kitty last season, and that, of course, helps.

But, back to my point, negative short-termist win-at-all-costs football may set us up for more pain in the long run and anyone who thinks we can use Warne to get us promoted, sack him and bring someone else in, must realise that the damage is already being done.

He seems like a nice guy and I’ve got nothing against him personally, the irony is that ‘failed’ football managers get such juicy payoffs that they don’t have to worry so much about the things us ‘ordinary folk’ do; so they don’t really lose in the end.

I’m going tomorrow night and I just wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of good football from the Rams, it’s not loads to ask for is it 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Its not helpful to ignore caveats regarding how well the team is doing on a topic regarding how well the manager is doing.

I agree, views and opinions are meant to be shared on the forum. You wouldn't think that recently given the vitriol directed at anyone who expresses any sort of negative opinion of Warne.

All I did was highlight something obvious everyone's ignoring. What's wrong with that?

Who’s ignoring it? We know Bolton have games in hand, we don’t know what the results of those games will be. I asked you to clarify how it wasn’t helpful is all, I couldn’t qualify what that statement meant.

Your caveat it seems assumes they’ll win and we won’t be second? But that’s not guaranteed, so as it stands we’re second. If people of a pro Warne stance mentioned that we had games in hand would everyone had readily accepted it that we’d be higher in the league as a result?

What vitriol have I aimed at anyone? I know there are views that oppose mine and so listen to them and consider them, I don’t agree with them all but I’m rarely dismissive. In fact I’m not sure I’ve even outwardly defended Warne on here for a long time. More keen to preach my patient stance than a particular affinity to one manager or another. There are far more posters on here denouncing Warne and his football than defending him it seems, I’ve not seen any obvious vitriol, if anything it feels like an echo chamber of the same extreme views either way with little nuance or middle ground between the two camps.

We are currently second in the league, having scored lots of goals, and not conceded a horrible amount. We are also not performing as well or as consistently in games as most fans would like, both of those things can be true and should form part of a balanced dialogue. It’s not right (in my opinion) to say words to the effect of “the league table is a lie” because of those games in hand, when those results aren’t pre-determined.

Are we or are we not second in the league? Are we or are we not top 6 in the league? Is it or is it not mathematically possible for us to be promoted? Those are the questions I ask myself regarding our chances. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

12 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Ipswich from last year should be our model, try and get some sort of footballing philosophy going that you can build on if/when you move upwards; although I do accept they had a transfer kitty last season, and that, of course, helps.

I know several Ipswich fans, and they are all fearing what will happen when the financial outlay of last season raises its head....

53 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

...It’s not comparable to the Morris approach in anyway as far as I’m concerned. Clowes isn’t throwing good money after bad in the same way, he does appear to be committed to some consistency at the club in terms of the current personnel and isn’t rocking the boat (as far as we know) with the EFL, the broadcasters, or the accounting practices.

You missed the point in your need to 'attack' the poster. So like Warne or not, when chopping and changing 'system' signings etc. It's that Clowes budget unlike Mels is limited, so to waste it is tantamount to 'throwing good money after bad'.

Edited by RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You missed the point in your need to 'attack' the poster. So like Warne or not, when chopping and changing 'system' signings etc. It's that Clowes budget unlike Mels is limited, so to waste it is tantamount to 'throwing good money after bad'.

I don’t need or mean to attack anyone and that wasn’t or isn’t ever my intent, so sorry if that’s how it came across.
I don’t see it in the same way and perhaps my latent anger with Morris came through in the post.
I don’t see it as being comparable despite the illustrative example you’ve included. I’m clearly being drawn into another circular debate in which I can’t see yours or the other poster’s perspective on this one so will bow out. 

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Understand what you are saying , perhaps Leicester are not the best team to compare us to . They sold 2 players for £80 million this summer and will collect £40 million a year, for 3 years for coming down . Their budget means they can bring in quality players .We are paupers by comparison .

I’m not using us as a comparison to Leicester. I’m saying if Leicester are in League One, they aren’t suddenly going to play crap football because of the opposition.

Here is a better example.

Stockport don’t use League Two as an excuse to play crap football. They play some lovely stuff.

Derby have the players to be playing a far better brand of football than what Warne and his coaches are currently serving up.

That said, I still feel Warne will get us promoted this season.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

A few people on here use the ‘let Warne get us out of the division’ argument.

I remember a similar argument with regards to Billy getting us out of the Championship.

He did the job but, because he’d drummed a negative anti-football mindset into the players, we were then  ill equipped for what laid in what and, despite a few transfers, produced a team that is now the butt of everyone’s jokes.

Are we so happy that the mindless tactics and negative thinking, I.e., setting up to nullify the mighty Shrewsbury at home, may cause irreparable damage that our players may not easily recover from, even if we bought in some new faces.

Short-term, ‘just get us up Warnie’ thinking may only kick-the-can down the road to next season where we’re languishing at the bottom of the championship.

But, back to my point, negative short-termist win-at-all-costs football may set us up for more pain in the long run and anyone who thinks we can use Warne to get us promoted, sack him and bring someone else in, must realise that the damage is already being done.

He seems like a nice guy and I’ve got nothing against him personally, the irony is that ‘failed’ football managers get such juicy payoffs that they don’t have to worry so much about the things us ‘ordinary folk’ do; so they don’t really lose in the end.

I’m going tomorrow night and I just wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of good football from the Rams, it’s not loads to ask for is it 🤷‍♂️

It does seem that the club does have a very , very short term plan . On entry to the Championship , our first 2 signings  should be Knight and Bird .

5 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

The cost and wages of a player don't determine how good they are as a footballer. If that were true, Phil Jagielka was absolutely terrible for us because he cost £0 and only had £4000 wages.

Not sure whether to treat you seriously or not. I suppose you can always find a few examples which back up your point but not as many as I could to disprove it.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Poor us. It's a miracle we're this far awaay from relegation with our pathetic c£14m wage bill. Warne should be manager of the year based on where we are in the league and the budget available to him.

To help copare our amazing useof funds, Bolton and Charlton were only just above the £10m mark in their last set of accounts. No other current L1 was above that figure.

Was speaking to someone from the club at training earlier, whilst they have no access or knowledge of the finer details of the finances, they were surprised by this figure. They mentioned some big earners that were offloaded from the wage bill last year and also asked if this was the players only wages for the year ?

They weren't disputing the figures, also mentioned that the staff side would be high compared to others but asked what the split was for this, or is it full 14m on players wages for this season ?

5 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

The cost and wages of a player don't determine how good they are as a footballer. If that were true, Phil Jagielka was absolutely terrible for us because he cost £0 and only had £4000 wages.

It's dead easy to throw out exceptions to the rule but these are exceptions....Slabhead, Lingaard, Pogba etc rather than proving the rule. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

There were loads of people on here saying we should have kept Rosenior. I can’t be bothered to go back and look, but if you don’t believe me (or Returning Ram , go and have a look for yourself, sure you will find plenty of examples.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m not using us as a comparison to Leicester. I’m saying if Leicester are in League One, they aren’t suddenly going to play crap football because of the opposition.

Here is a better example.

Stockport don’t use League Two as an excuse to play crap football. They play some lovely stuff.

Derby have the players to be playing a far better brand of football than what Warne and his coaches are currently serving up.

That said, I still feel Warne will get us promoted this season.

Love this post this is exactly how I see it …the amount of opposing fans that I’ve heard say we  are bang average is quite high …I just want to see us out football some sides and stop sinking to L1 levels just because a more direct approach maybe the way a lot of clubs get out of L1 it doesn’t mean we have to do the same …I find Warnes football quite archaic and hard to watch …someone posted a fantastic post last week summing it up …we hang on to 1-0 and play a real last stand type of football where players like at Charlton for example throw themselves in front of everything…its admiral it’s ok but I what to see us put a foot on the ball control the game and let the opposition chase shadows and we look to score again …

The football is not great and I find Warnes style old fashioned and not forward thinking …we may well go up if we are lucky but it won’t be top 2 but I think we’ll finish 3rd and I don’t back us to win the play offs  because we are no better than any of the other top 6 for me 

I think we may well have regrets this season because I don’t think this division is very strong and this season was the season to take advantage of that but we do not stand out as any better than anyone else in the top 6 

next season maybe more difficult in L1  and if it’s Warne leading the club into that challenge what makes anyone think we’ll be any better than the other contenders ?