Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We sing about winning Division 1 , 50 years ago . If we play for another 50 years , we will never get an easier chance of lifting a trophy . This league is diabolical. I have backed Warne from the start , but if he messes this up , it will be very hard to stick up for him .

Realistically, if this was any other season we would not be top 2 playing like this. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The team isn’t good enough to do that consistently. Clearly.

It's good enough to do it more than it does do though. 'Consistently'  may be beyond their capabilities but more than once every blue moon is not.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

On 02/02/2024 at 00:44, Ambitious said:

I’d give a lung to have either of those two over what we have now. 

Sorry - not Lampard. His success was because we were the patsies in a drive to make him look good so that he could go to Chelsea, which is why he was able to get Tomori, Wilson and Mount on loan. And having given him a very helpful leg up, he thanked us by swing that leg back into the clubs goolies, living us on our knees, groaning and unable to move. Thanks Frank, but no thanks.

On 10/02/2024 at 21:00, hintonsboots said:

At least you get an anaesthetic at the Dentist, it’s a difficult watch at the moment.

Assuming you can get to a dentist nowadays. Can we assume that we will get to the Championship? 

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Can everyone stop saying "we're second in the league". It's highly unlikely we will be once Bolton play their games in hand

28 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I apologise for simply being realistic 

Bolton have to play those games in a condensed timeframe, which could just as easily see them drop points and suffer fatigue and injuries.

It could also transpire that they win their games in hand and overtake us in the table.

None of that is decided yet, however as it stands, we are currently second in the table, there’s nothing wrong with observing that any more than there is with people’s observations about the recent performances not being good enough. 

The polarised views of “this or that” on the forum are such a slog to read through.

We are second in the league, and we could be performing better, both things are true. Thankfully, despite dropping points from a winning position yesterday, we’ve got plenty of other games to pick up points. It’s not pretty, it’s a slog at times for sure, but there’s as much room for optimism as there is pessimism as far as I’m concerned, games to play, points to be won, players to return from injury. I’ll just keep rolling with it until the end of the season and see where we are then. 

So all this about Shrewsbury successively stopping us playing: Once Paul Warne made the changes at half time, we started the second half on the front foot and were "tearing them a new one", and the goal was pretty inevitable. So having showed we could score, the obvious thing is to carry on and score one or two more to make the game safe. So what did we do? We took our foot off the gas (as observed by the Shrewsbury manager as to the reason that his team were able to get a point). Why the hell did we sit back? ................... AGAIN. Yesterday wasn't the first time we've pulled this stunt, and it isn't the first time that doing it has resulted in points thrown down the swanny. Trying to defend a one goal lead for 30 minutes is absolutely stupid. People say that the players should bear some responsibility for the result, but they are only playing the way that Warne wants them to play and instructs them to play. Hourihane said earlier in the season that if you want to play, you have to play Warne's way. 

We showed yesterday that we were way more than capable of getting a convincing victory, but chose not to, erring on the side of caution in case we got rolled over  by a side that had only scored 6 away goals all season. Good grief! The players actually did well enough given the straightjacket they have to wear while playing in a Warne-team.  Someone has checked how may times we have conceded late on in a match, and it has cost us between 7 and 9 points - an that is only points dropped to late goals. We could, AND SHOULD be several points clear at the top confident of going straight up automatically. Instead we are looking over our shoulder wondering whether  we are going to get caught by anyone else. Heaven help us if  we do miss out on the automatics, because I personally don't think Warne is the manager to get us through the play-offs.

I shall still be there on Saturday, and the support will still be there until what the fans are having to endure have has vacuumed all the will to live out of them.

PS we are only second in the table because most of the other teams aren't capable of getting above us. All it means is that we are the second least worst team in the league. Some accolade.

Edited by DavesaRam

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Bolton have to play those games in a condensed timeframe, which could just as easily see them drop points and suffer fatigue and injuries.

It could also transpire that they win their games in hand and overtake us in the table.

None of that is decided yet, however as it stands, we are currently second in the table, there’s nothing wrong with observing that any more than there is with people’s observations about the recent performances not being good enough. 

The polarised views of “this or that” on the forum are such a slog to read through.

We are second in the league, and we could be performing better, both things are true. Thankfully, despite dropping points from a winning position yesterday, we’ve got plenty of other games to pick up points. It’s not pretty, it’s a slog at times for sure, but there’s as much room for optimism as there is pessimism as far as I’m concerned, games to play, points to be won, players to return from injury. I’ll just keep rolling with it until the end of the season and see where we are then. 

Its good to be optimistic, but everyone saying "we're second" despite there being a glaringly obvious caveat isn't helpful, especially in this topic.

Of course I hope Bolton lose their two games, but is it not more likely than not that they won't?

7 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Its good to be optimistic, but everyone saying "we're second" despite there being a glaringly obvious caveat isn't helpful, especially in this topic.

Of course I hope Bolton lose their two games, but is it not more likely than not that they won't?

Isn’t helpful especially in this topic? What does that mean?

As in, it’s not helpful because this is a topic in which people want to argue for sacking the manager and pointing out that the club (despite some very poor performances) are still at the right end of the table doesn’t support that one perspective?

Surely on a forum in which views and opinions are meant to be shared and discussed (ideally with some respect to opposing ideas) it’s entirely helpful to discuss that we are well positioned in the league despite our lacklustre performances at times, and therefore there’s still room for optimism and it doesn’t all need to be doom and gloom. 

I realise now why I took a week off, I’m just going to stick to matchday threads I think.