Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wazza is available, how about it Macca, bring the fans together 😉

I know that’s meant tongue in cheek, but I think Rooney would prove just as divisive. His moment in time for Derby was a unique one and should be left at that in my opinion. 
Mac 4/5 or 6? Maybe, but that seems at odds with those who want a young progressive coach. Perhaps we could see the return of Rosenior down the line, when Warne departs and Rosey has had his time at Hull 🤔 

I don’t know what the answer to who’s next could or should be. I know that Warne is the manager for now, he doesn’t appear to be going anywhere so I accept that and as I said, when he does leave I hope his replacement is more universally accepted by the fans. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know that’s meant tongue in cheek, but I think Rooney would prove just as divisive. His moment in time for Derby was a unique one and should be left at that in my opinion. 
Mac 4/5 or 6? Maybe, but that seems at odds with those who want a young progressive coach. Perhaps we could see the return of Rosenior down the line, when Warne departs and Rosey has had his time at Hull 🤔 

I don’t know what the answer to who’s next could or should be. I know that Warne is the manager for now, he doesn’t appear to be going anywhere so I accept that and as I said, when he does leave I hope his replacement is more universally accepted by the fans. 

Amen to that.

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I feel like there’s little point debating it anymore. Those who have concerns about Warne have set their stall, those who are willing to give it more time have set theirs and the pages of to and fro across the forum make it very clear there’s little movement in those mindsets and not much by way of persuasion being considered.

I’m not arguing in support of Warne or saying he should be everyone’s choice for manager, it’s the proverbial p*ssing in the wind at this point, with many holding valid concerns which they’ve expressed many times over.

Results and performances are the only things that will make a difference to those entrenched in either view, and even then, as @TomTom92 said in another thread yesterday, I think it’s plain that Warne just isn’t for some people and regardless of what he does or doesn’t achieve there’s plenty who’ll be glad to see him go when the time comes. I just hope he gets the team promoted and whoever does replace him, whenever and however Warne leaves, perhaps proves less divisive of a character.

I’ll be honest - my problem is not Warne and has never been Warne. My problem is performances and that more often than not we still feel along way away from what he thinks his football should look like at full flow yet he’s had 3 transfer windows and a very healthy budget to work with. 

I’m pretty sure that our budget is higher than any of the Rotherham sides he took up. 

If we were playing the football I think he envisages his teams playing then yeah it’d be a bit of a change from the possession based stuff we were a bit more used to but ultimately it’d still be entertaining to watch but in a different way. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’ll be honest - my problem is not Warne and has never been Warne. My problem is performances and that more often than not we still feel along way away from what he thinks his football should look like at full flow yet he’s had 3 transfer windows and a very healthy budget to work with. 

I’m pretty sure that our budget is higher than any of the Rotherham sides he took up. 

If we were playing the football I think he envisages his teams playing then yeah it’d be a bit of a change from the possession based stuff we were a bit more used to but ultimately it’d still be entertaining to watch but in a different way. 

I get it, I’ve always been open and understanding of the more reasoned views on what Warne is or isn’t delivering as manager (control, possession, youth development etc), that’s why I said only results and performances could change people’s minds.
But even then I think there’s some (as is their right) who just haven’t warmed to him as the manager and probably never will, nothing any of us say to one another appears to sway opinion and I find it can often descend into disagreement rather than discussion which does none of us any favours.

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agreed. Warne isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. I think it will be interesting to see what our owner will do during the summer, regardless of which division we are in. He has stabilised the club but won’t be wanting to continually be losing 300k a month. Will he look for new investment or put the club up for sale in a lot better position and more attractive to someone with real money perhaps?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I feel like there’s little point debating it anymore. Those who have concerns about Warne have set their stall, those who are willing to give it more time have set theirs and the pages of to and fro across the forum make it very clear there’s little movement in those mindsets and not much by way of persuasion being considered.

I’m not arguing in support of Warne or saying he should be everyone’s choice for manager, it’s the proverbial p*ssing in the wind at this point, with many holding valid concerns which they’ve expressed many times over.

Results and performances are the only things that will make a difference to those entrenched in either view, and even then, as @TomTom92 said in another thread yesterday, I think it’s plain that Warne just isn’t for some people and regardless of what he does or doesn’t achieve there’s plenty who’ll be glad to see him go when the time comes. I just hope he gets the team promoted and whoever does replace him, whenever and however Warne leaves, perhaps proves less divisive of a character.

Amen to that but you won't stop the constant Warne bashing all day every day by some on here.

After the stevenage fiasco,even some of the Warne supporters were beginning to have doubts about Warne,then clowes had Warne round to his for the tea party and things started to improve for a while,but now it seems to me we are steadily regressing back to the stevenage level.time for another party at clowes manor perhaps before things get out of hand

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Amen to that but you won't stop the constant Warne bashing all day every day by some on here.

I don’t think it is Warne bashing, it’s nothing against him personally, seems like a nice chap; if anything it’s more performance bashing 😊

21 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

After the stevenage fiasco,even some of the Warne supporters were beginning to have doubts about Warne,then clowes had Warne round to his for the tea party and things started to improve for a while,but now it seems to me we are steadily regressing back to the stevenage level.time for another party at clowes manor perhaps before things get out of hand

Need something a bit stronger than tea! 😄 #COYR

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t think it is Warne bashing, it’s nothing against him personally, seems like a nice chap; if anything it’s more performance bashing 😊

There are a few on here who seem to make it personal by scrutinizing every word in his interviews and calling him a clown and criticising his personality,clothing etc 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

The highest wage bill Warne had in L1 was £6.5m (inclusive of non-playing staff). The budget at Derby is double that.

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I am not saying it will be easy but surely Clowes came into this knowing that he would need to finance a tilt at staying in the Championship at some point?

Surely by bringing in people like Hale to improve the academy infrastructure over time and Thomas to improve recruitment over time, this is part of his efforts to make it more viable that we can stay in the Championship initially?

Surely by spending £3-400,000 on Blackett Taylor and spending to secure the likes of Cashin, Nyambe and NML on longer term contracts, he is showing commitment to the cause?

Ipswich and Sunderland competing for promotion in 2023 and 2024 surely gives us inspiration. Plymouth being 15th and comfortably clear of the bottom three surely gives us realistic hope.

Coventry coming back from similar financial turmoil and stabilising in the Championship and trusting Mark Robins to grow and evolve as a coach in a similar way that Warne will have to surely gives us even more hope?

The Coventry model could be one we very well emulate…

Agree Coventry City could be a model to copy . They only missed out to Luton  on penalties. However they sold their best player for £20 million this summer to help finances . Love us to find a £20 mill striker from somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The highest wage bill Warne had in L1 was £6.5m (inclusive of non-playing staff). The budget at Derby is double that.

So is he saying he fluked landing on a squad capable of doing what he wanted back then because I don’t know why he hasn’t been able to with double the money 

1 hour ago, On the Ram Page said:

Perhaps they will invite you for your valuable input and then you could take a bottle.

Perhaps they will, after all that's why Clowes wants a fans Supporters Board he obviously values the input. 👍