Anyone else had enough?

Topram

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I'm hardly reading the Derby section of the board at the moment - so sick of the bickering, pettiness and in-grained opinions. Most have already made their minds up and just want to reinforce their opinions by repeating the same old crap over and over again.....

We have a League One squad and a League One manager - bitching isn't going to change that....

Exactly this. I genuinely fear for some forum members mental well being if Warne actually sees out his 4 year contract. 

2.5 more years of the same comments game after game after game, it's draining typing it never mind contemplating it in reality. 

5 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Warne knows the pressure is on. When life is rosey it’s easy to make good decisions. When life’s difficult it can be much harder to make sound judgments and humans can tend to fall back on what they know, even if it’s ultimately unhelpful. I see this daily in my job. We all have options and choices but when things are tough we look for safety, and a lot of those choices don’t seem palatable or possible.

Warne wants to progress as far as he can in the Pizza cup as success breed success, Hence why he opted for what he knows. Not for one second saying the Academy lads shouldn’t have got more/some minutes last night, but I can see why he did what he did. Long-term though I would like Warne to dip his toe outside his circle of safety, as I think the rewards probably outweigh the negatives of a loss/stale performance.

Damned if he did and damned if he didn't.  I am sure those screaming for the youngsters to have been given a chance last night, would have called for his head had we lost. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I do see, and mostly agree with the point.

I'm just not sure the second hand Vauxhall Astra we have secured has got quite the right spec., certainly for a 4 year finance deal. Indeed I would suggest that although badged as an SE, our model is a little more basic than we might have hoped for, and is struggling to adapt to a different type of environment. The steer is a little heavy and restrictive, and there seems to be problems getting it out of 3rd gear. Lets be honest, its not a pretty car either, although I accept beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, that all said it is far too early to be categoric it's not going to do its job. Its a solid, broadly dependable car, and perhaps if its ultimate owner could give it a home start service, it will become a lot more desirable not unlike its performance when warmed-up on longer travels. Perhaps an oil change too, for smoother transition. A bit of tinkering here and there might just be enough, and I think the vast majority of us hope the same. However, personally, I think its nice to dream that perhaps before the 4 years are out our fortunes are such that we might be eager to seek an an upgrade, hopefully something a little more modern and nippy. Something not too disimmilar maybe from that Mazda MX5 we had before. Risky car that, not everybody's type I acknowledge, but I do think it might have given us a bit more fun and reward if we had held on to it a bit longer.

Perhaps we should chop the Astra in for …  I don’t know? … say a DeLorean? … that went well didn’t it? #becarefulwhatyouwishfor 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Examples of people being 'blinded by weird hate' please? Seems a strong accusation to throw around.

Or are you just labelling anyone discussing the (lack of) minutes for the U21 players as 'picking fault' and being relentlessly negative?

Is that discussion off limits because we won? 

Was that happy clappers v whingy snappers

Warne is doing an average job and that is where we become divided.

If he was doing a poor job and we were lower half, we would be unanimous in wanting him out. Likewise if we were top two, he would have unanimous support. 

But his 6/10 performance has put people off while others remain supportive. There doesn’t appear to be a clear way which it’s going. I don’t see us slipping back to mid table, and I don’t see us threatening top two.

I see a season of average performances and results which will likely see us fluctuate between 4th and 8th.

Regardless of the noise, Warne’ fate as Derby manager will probably come down to two or three games in May. Until then, we as fans will continue to argue amongst ourselves and May’s results will create a majority opinion. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The reason it seems that the more entrenched views are the negative ones is because it's Warne's second season and we are not looking any better than when he took over. We also aren't high in the table nor playing pretty football. The future doesn't seem to look as hopeful as we'd all wish.

Why be surprised by negativity?

Win our game in hand and we’ll be 4th how isn’t that high in the table??

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I'm just not sure the second hand Vauxhall Astra we have secured has got quite the right spec., certainly for a 4 year finance deal. Indeed I would suggest that although badged as an SE, our model is a little more basic than we might have hoped for, and is struggling to adapt to a different type of environment. The steer is a little heavy and restrictive, and there seems to be problems getting it out of 3rd gear. Lets be honest, its not a pretty car either, although I accept beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, that all said it is far too early to be categoric it's not going to do its job. Its a solid, broadly dependable car, and perhaps if its ultimate owner could give it a home start service, it will become a lot more desirable not unlike its performance when warmed-up on longer travels. Perhaps an oil change too, for smoother transition. A bit of tinkering here and there might just be enough, and I think the vast majority of us hope the same. However, personally, I think its nice to dream that perhaps before the 4 years are out our fortunes are such that we might be eager to seek an an upgrade, hopefully something a little more modern and nippy. Something not too disimmilar maybe from that Mazda MX5 we had before. Risky car that, not everybody's type I acknowledge, but I do think it might have given us a bit more fun and reward if we had held on to it a bit longer.

Ah, but it has a massive boot.....

The footy is poor though and we are playing very basic football, Warne saying he doesnt want to compete in midfield with Cheltenham Town. I know we got some rebuilding to do but I feel like we are being held back by his style of play. It isn't a nice watch and coming out the ground last night I was pretty uninspired and watching Notts County pass it about most the game. Home performances have been poor so far and he isn't getting consistency we need to push for promotion.

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Why stop at a Mazda. Lets take out a loan and go with something new straight from the factory. If the new car doesn't get us where we want to go. We can always refinance and go with something sporty. If we're still lagging behind lets go all in and re-mortgage the house to buy the best car we can.

Oh wait, I'm sure we've try this before and if memory serves correctly. This strategy nearly cost us dearly.

5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Why stop at a Mazda. Lets take out a loan and go with something new straight from the factory. If the new car doesn't get us where we want to go. We can always refinance and go with something sporty. If we're still lagging behind lets go all in and re-mortgage the house to buy the best car we can.

Oh wait, I'm sure we've try this before and if memory serves correctly. This strategy nearly cost us dearly.

So you have just made up a scenario you can get enraged about? Good work.

10 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Reading the negatives on here and elsewhere I get the feeling that most of the moaners don't understand that, each and every game, there's 11 other players on the pitch doing their level best to frustrate us and to defeat us. Failure to win is always seen as a failure when it's just as likely to be down to the oppo XI doing their job well. 

Take Cheltenham as an example. 6 good stops by their keeper and 2 goal line blocks by defenders. They managed just 2 shots on target, one of which was gifted to them by us. We managed to create chances. Some we missed the target but their keeper and back 4 also played well. Do people not see that?

Look at Citeh when they went to Wolves. 68% possession. 23 shots to 3. 8 shots on target versus 1 from Wolves. Wolves won 2-1. How many thousand of bets, including my 10 game accy that would have paid out just over a grand, went south because of that result. 

The vitriol is, IMO, over the top and unnecessary.

Successful teams have to find a way to play against those teams out to frustrate and contain. It's also about turning those draws into wins. I don't think people are being negative when they are disappointed at not winning a game against a bottom of the league team who hadn't scored a goal all season. That's not an unreasonable expectation. The manager being happy with the performance is however, a bit of a concern.

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

Exactly this. Entitlement has nothing to do with the reason I am critical of Paul Warne. I am a ST holder, I was at Cheltenham and I’ll be at Stevenage in a couple of weeks as well. I am invested in the club and want us to do well. I don’t boo or abuse Warne or the players;  never have, never will. 
But I reserve the right to express my view on the style of football the team plays. I dislike it, it’s tedious, one dimensional and makes it really hard to enjoy watching my team. I don’t rate the manager and don’t think he will bring us success. I understand some fans would be happy to watch us grind out 1-0 wins all season if it got us promoted but i‘m not one of them. I want to be entertained and I think it’s possible to play good football at this level. 
Ultimately you pay your money and takes your choice and so my position is that I’m entitled to air my view’s as long as I’m not being personally insulting or abusive about anyone. I do however agree that there are far too many  Warne in/out threads on the forum.

Spot on, excellent summary 👍

3 hours ago, Gisby said:

Perhaps we should chop the Astra in for …  I don’t know? … say a DeLorean? … that went well didn’t it? #becarefulwhatyouwishfor 🤷‍♂️

Lovely.  We can go back in time to get two defenders to put their foot through the ball in 2014, or back to the 12 months we spent 12 million quid on Anya, Butterfield and Blackman on 4 year deals.  We could even stop Frank starting a play off final with a bloke who can't get a game at Burton as our sole attacking option for an hour.

Think this is a fab idea.

The reason why I enjoy this forum is the variety of opinions and debate about what we all enjoy and what we don't enjoy. 

I don't like the style of football and how the manager thinks about the game. Playing it wide and pumping the ball into the box was great about 20-30 years ago and I would expect that level of football from a small reputation club in our division. Yes, we're unbeaten and our away form is spot, I have to give Warne praise for making us difficult to beat away from home when we couldn't buy an away win for years. Unbeaten runs however are not good enough to get you out of division, the standard of promoted teams is becoming much better. You have to be aiming for 90 points to get out of league. 75-80 won't cut it anymore unfortunately.

With all the resources at his disposal, the manager should be doing much better, particularly at home where we've looked poor without Didzy. Even though he has recruited heavily in the summer, I don't think he's playing to the squads strengths. So many technical footballers yet trying to turn them into running machines. He keeps reference how Man City and Liverpool are brilliant teams because they run. True, but they play with a style which blows people away. We run for the sake of running at times. We can be so much smarter on the ball yet this obsession to hit it wide and blast balls into the penalty area makes is so one dimensional and predictable.

For all my critical analysis, I am never making it personal. Some of the verbal abuse towards PW online is unacceptable and we must not forget there's a human soul underneath that cap. He is a genuine man and he says it how it is. Is he the manager I want at the club, definitely not. But I'll back him and the team at the ground no matter what. This forum is a chance to release some of my frustrations.