Anyone else had enough?

Topram

I'm a bit tired of people moaning about people not loving the style of football or the results. Personally, I find the people moaning about the forum just as unoriginal, dull, and annoying as they feel about the 'persistent moaners'. Some of these posters sound like they've got a little list of the 'moaners' who they'll call out at the end of the season if we climb the table and are more bothered about this dispute than anything to actually do with the club. 

We've 1 game at home in the last 6, 2 in the last 13, I believe. For some in the third division, that is a tough pill to swallow. People have  signed up to the forum and as long as they abide by the rules then it's fair enough. The culture on here has become more toxic than it used to be but that's not a one-sided problem in my book. If people want the 'paul warne' threads reduced that's a question of moderation and it needs to be directed not to individual posters but the team who help run the forum.

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

It does seem though that some are son entrenched in their views, more so the negative ones, that it’s almost like they’re looking for something, no matter what it is.  We could win 5-0 and there’d be something to moan about, either in the match a phrase Warne uses in his interview.  It’s like when you just signed the paperwork on that Vauxhall Astra at Available Car and it the feels like that at every traffic lights and roundabout on your way home you’re behind a Vauxhall Astra.  You forget about the hundreds of other cars you’ve seen.  Because it’s what you’re looking for, it’s what you see.

I do see, and mostly agree with the point.

I'm just not sure the second hand Vauxhall Astra we have secured has got quite the right spec., certainly for a 4 year finance deal. Indeed I would suggest that although badged as an SE, our model is a little more basic than we might have hoped for, and is struggling to adapt to a different type of environment. The steer is a little heavy and restrictive, and there seems to be problems getting it out of 3rd gear. Lets be honest, its not a pretty car either, although I accept beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, that all said it is far too early to be categoric it's not going to do its job. Its a solid, broadly dependable car, and perhaps if its ultimate owner could give it a home start service, it will become a lot more desirable not unlike its performance when warmed-up on longer travels. Perhaps an oil change too, for smoother transition. A bit of tinkering here and there might just be enough, and I think the vast majority of us hope the same. However, personally, I think its nice to dream that perhaps before the 4 years are out our fortunes are such that we might be eager to seek an an upgrade, hopefully something a little more modern and nippy. Something not too disimmilar maybe from that Mazda MX5 we had before. Risky car that, not everybody's type I acknowledge, but I do think it might have given us a bit more fun and reward if we had held on to it a bit longer.

Edited by i-Ram

6 hours ago, Topram said:

Properly get pelters for this as 80% seem to have made their mind up over Warne, but anyone else just had enough with the constant negativity towards the players and staff? It’s relentless.

Even after last nights win I’m seeing people try and twist it negatively, overall last night we played faster tempo had chances and won end off, so why the negativity?

Warnes come out and said last night about blocking outside noise out, really think knocking them will help? It’ll only make it worse, 5 in 11 for Collins decent return, what’s booing him and giving him stick going to do? Why can’t we get behind them? We’re in league 1 we won’t have world beaters that will do everything so perfectly. 

1 defeat in 10 due to some terrible refereeing it’s not anywhere near as bad as people are making out, it’s as if we’ve won 1 in 10.

I can be as negative as anyone and as annoyed as anyone when we drop points etc but it’s the bigger picture move on we go again, It’s not an easy league like people expect, Sunderland sheff united Ipswich Bolton etc all got stuck for time, and probably only Bolton started in a worse rebuild situation as us… 

it’s absolutely draining all the constant ‘get him gone’ ‘whose next’ ‘he’s just a P.E teacher’ I’ve missed 1 away game and 1 home and it’s honestly making me not want to go, Blackpool people singing ‘warne your football is sh*t’ then 5 minutes later singing his name, honestly think if people stop over reacting and seemingly wanting Warne to fail we could get out of this league this year. Rant over roll on the draining stick that’ll come…

Spot on and I see from the imogi responses to your post that plenty feel exactly the same 👏👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I'm just not sure the second hand Vauxhall Astra we have secured has got quite the right spec., certainly for a 4 year finance deal. Indeed I would suggest that although badged as an SE, our model is a little more basic than we might have hoped for, and is struggling to adapt to a different type of environment. The steer is a heavy and restrictive, and there seems to be problems getting it out of 3rd gear. Lets be honest, its not a pretty car either, although I accept beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, that all said it is far too early to be categoric it's not going to do its job. Its a solid, broadly dependable car, and perhaps if its ultimate owner could give it a home start service, it will become a lot more desirable not unlike its performance when warmed-up on longer travels. Perhaps an oil change too, for smoother transition. A bit of tinkering here and there might just be enough, and I think the vast majority of us hope the same. However, personally, I think its nice to dream that perhaps before the 4 years are out our fortunes are such that we might be eager to seek an an upgrade, hopefully something a little more modern and nippy. Something not too disimmilar maybe from that Mazda MX5 we had before. Risky car that, not everybody's type I acknowledge, but I do think it might have given us a bit more fun and reward if we had held on to it a bit longer.

The thing you don’t want though, as soon as you pull on to the driveway and all the neighbours on your WhatsApp group saying, ooh you don’t want that, you want this one.

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I'm just not sure the second hand Vauxhall Astra we have secured has got quite the right spec., certainly for a 4 year finance deal. Indeed I would suggest that although badged as an SE, our model is a little more basic than we might have hoped for, and is struggling to adapt to a different type of environment. The steer is a little heavy and restrictive, and there seems to be problems getting it out of 3rd gear. Lets be honest, its not a pretty car either, although I accept beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, that all said it is far too early to be categoric it's not going to do its job. Its a solid, broadly dependable car, and perhaps if its ultimate owner could give it a home start service, it will become a lot more desirable not unlike its performance when warmed-up on longer travels. Perhaps an oil change too, for smoother transition. A bit of tinkering here and there might just be enough, and I think the vast majority of us hope the same. However, personally, I think its nice to dream that perhaps before the 4 years are out our fortunes are such that we might be eager to seek an an upgrade, hopefully something a little more modern and nippy. Something not too disimmilar maybe from that Mazda MX5 we had before. Risky car that, not everybody's type I acknowledge, but I do think it might have given us a bit more fun and reward if we had held on to it a bit longer.

In the autumn of my years, I do not want to be driving a steady car that eventually gets you from A to B.

I want a bit of fun. I seek thrills and entertainment. It's not just about the destination, it's more about the journey.

Like many people my age, I do drive a MX5.

Not really looked at the replies baring 1 or 2 and obviously everyone is entitled to have their say but the more we are behind them the more chance of success, it’s the the attitude of we literally can’t do anything right, we won last night and people are so blinded by the weird hate towards Warne they just try and pick the faults 

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Not really looked at the replies baring 1 or 2 and obviously everyone is entitled to have their say but the more we are behind them the more chance of success, it’s the the attitude of we literally can’t do anything right, we won last night and people are so blinded by the weird hate towards Warne they just try and pick the faults 

Maybe try reading some of the replies then, you might notice it's not just blind hate. We're all behind the team, and we all only want the best for Derby.

5 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Our 2nd. Collo couldn't get a shot away as the pass was behind him. Still manged to reach back and get is left foot to it. Ball went up in the air towards the far post where Bird headed it back. Good overhead from Collins but it hit the keeper, bounced out to Sibs who put it away. Collo's initial contact was as good as we could hope for given the poor quality of the pass. Bit of luck that it bounced up nicely for Bird to put back into the mix. Collo hit the target with his bicycle kick. He didn't do much wrong there...

Having said that, I can think of occasions in the last 2 games where he ought to have done better.

I get PW not wanting to play through the middle. I don't agree with it but I think I get it. If we had a Coldplay type of hold up, target man, going through the middle more would be a great idea. Collo isn't that type of player. Hence why PW prefers going down the outside and getting crosses in. With the inverted wingers last night we had other options and it worked. Play that again but with Waggy or Wash central and we can create more opportunities. Possibly even more so when JJ is fit.

The pass was behind Collins because he'd run too close to the net. He'd never have got a pass parallel to the line as the keeper would have cut it out.

The overhead kick nearly connected with the defender and might have been called a foul. Why didn't he tap it back to Sibs?

As for playing for crosses to Collins...why limit it to that especially bearing in mind Collins limitations in the air too?

It's like Warne has read the tactics in a theory book.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

... I just wish I worked for some of the people who think everything is fantastic at the moment. At least I know I'd hit my bonus every month.

I don't think people who are so positively ecstatic with the way things are currently going at DCFC got to become so positively ecstatic by frittering away monthly bonuses to their employees!   👀

17062.jpg

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

30 minutes ago, Topram said:

And your intention behind starting the thread was...

For an encore do you also walk into a room, start a conversation, and then jump out the nearest window? 😜

42 minutes ago, Topram said:

we won last night and people are so blinded by the weird hate towards Warne they just try and pick the faults 

Examples of people being 'blinded by weird hate' please? Seems a strong accusation to throw around.

Or are you just labelling anyone discussing the (lack of) minutes for the U21 players as 'picking fault' and being relentlessly negative?

Is that discussion off limits because we won? 

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I don’t think anyone is saying no-one can’t have an opinion or post anything negative.  The number of threads that are started with a different title then result in pretty much the posts constantly is a bit unnecessary.  If it’s a reasoned debate, whether positive or negative is much more enjoyable.

It does seem though that some are son entrenched in their views, more so the negative ones, that it’s almost like they’re looking for something, no matter what it is.  We could win 5-0 and there’d be something to moan about, either in the match a phrase Warne uses in his interview.  It’s like when you just signed the paperwork on that Vauxhall Astra at Available Car and it the feels like that at every traffic lights and roundabout on your way home you’re behind a Vauxhall Astra.  You forget about the hundreds of other cars you’ve seen.  Because it’s what you’re looking for, it’s what you see.

The reason it seems that the more entrenched views are the negative ones is because it's Warne's second season and we are not looking any better than when he took over. We also aren't high in the table nor playing pretty football. The future doesn't seem to look as hopeful as we'd all wish.

Why be surprised by negativity?

2 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

... the Jay McKeveley touchline fracas when Billy claimed Nigel kicked him in the shins (Aimed for the groin but forgot what a short ar$e Billy was) 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95279q41i1e1a6ex1egmge

Using the respective dimensions of a "standard human adult male":

If person A takes a specific aim for the groin of person B, but makes contact with person B's shin, this would suggest that either: 

1/  Person B's shins are somewhat higher than "standard", due to being excessively tall

or

2/  Person B is indeed a short ar$e, but was doing a handstand at the time of this specific violent attack.

Either way, Master Stockport Ram feller-me-lad, you messed up, innit! 

I'll see you at detention!
 😉😁

I probably have one of the best classic MX5 Soft Tops in the country - meticulously returned to perfect factory spec, no rot and a joy to drive in summer. Problem is I can’t get in and out of the bloody thing easily these days in my older years, so it needs a new home, needs appreciating and to be driven like the thoroughbred it is,,,,,,,,,,, just- up for sale next spring when awoken from winter hibernation 😎

6 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

You're boiling down criticism of Warne to entitlement, despite knowing damn well that's not the case. I'd not care if we were non-league, as long as the football on display was to the best of our ability, and I was excited to go and watch the team play at the weekend. Very, very rarely have I seen anyone posting criticism on this forum that could be boiled down to simple entitlement.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your intended meaning with the top 2 comment. It just sounded very dismissive of fair criticism of us as a club at the moment.

Exactly this. Entitlement has nothing to do with the reason I am critical of Paul Warne. I am a ST holder, I was at Cheltenham and I’ll be at Stevenage in a couple of weeks as well. I am invested in the club and want us to do well. I don’t boo or abuse Warne or the players;  never have, never will. 
But I reserve the right to express my view on the style of football the team plays. I dislike it, it’s tedious, one dimensional and makes it really hard to enjoy watching my team. I don’t rate the manager and don’t think he will bring us success. I understand some fans would be happy to watch us grind out 1-0 wins all season if it got us promoted but i‘m not one of them. I want to be entertained and I think it’s possible to play good football at this level. 
Ultimately you pay your money and takes your choice and so my position is that I’m entitled to air my view’s as long as I’m not being personally insulting or abusive about anyone. I do however agree that there are far too many  Warne in/out threads on the forum.

Edited by Jayram