Anyone else had enough?

Topram

On 11/10/2023 at 10:04, Topram said:

Properly get pelters for this as 80% seem to have made their mind up over Warne, but anyone else just had enough with the constant negativity towards the players and staff? It’s relentless.

Even after last nights win I’m seeing people try and twist it negatively, overall last night we played faster tempo had chances and won end off, so why the negativity?

Warnes come out and said last night about blocking outside noise out, really think knocking them will help? It’ll only make it worse, 5 in 11 for Collins decent return, what’s booing him and giving him stick going to do? Why can’t we get behind them? We’re in league 1 we won’t have world beaters that will do everything so perfectly. 

1 defeat in 10 due to some terrible refereeing it’s not anywhere near as bad as people are making out, it’s as if we’ve won 1 in 10.

I can be as negative as anyone and as annoyed as anyone when we drop points etc but it’s the bigger picture move on we go again, It’s not an easy league like people expect, Sunderland sheff united Ipswich Bolton etc all got stuck for time, and probably only Bolton started in a worse rebuild situation as us… 

it’s absolutely draining all the constant ‘get him gone’ ‘whose next’ ‘he’s just a P.E teacher’ I’ve missed 1 away game and 1 home and it’s honestly making me not want to go, Blackpool people singing ‘warne your football is sh*t’ then 5 minutes later singing his name, honestly think if people stop over reacting and seemingly wanting Warne to fail we could get out of this league this year. Rant over roll on the draining stick that’ll come…

I couldn’t agree more. I’m rarely on here at the moment and I largely avoid Twitter. All the negativity and moaning for the sake of it is really draining and really getting me down. The only thing ruining the current season for me is our own supporters.

So, I’m now largely avoiding football on social media and just enjoying going to Pride Park to watch the matches. And yes, I am enjoying them. 

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Have you checked out rather than suspect what the squad and regular first team were when he joined ? What players he brought In ? Did he promote any from the under23 s ect ,

I take it you think of Steve Mac in the same way ?

await the evidence on Rotherham/ warne scenario as it’s a big claim to make in support of your statement that warne got lucky with 3 promotions and doesn’t understand how he did it , if you personally don’t rate him that’s one thing,,,,, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

The reason I only suspect it is, quite frankly, because there’s too many players in those old Rotherham squads that I don’t know enough about to tell, let alone how they were actually being used in matches.  And it’s difficult to get useful information online about that kind of stuff, especially since whoscored don’t have League One stats going back that far.  I do know that he was promoted from within at Rotherham, so it’s not crazy to assume he carried on with something vaguely similar to the previous manager.

I certainly think it’s absolutely clear that Warne is trying to run exactly the same playbook here that he was running at Rotherham, and it’s not working anywhere near as well, even with the additions over the summer.  And there’s no real sign of us changing that approach, we’re still just going to keep getting the ball wide quickly and put crosses in.  That’s the biggest indicator for me, that what I said is right.  And if you read what I wrote, it’s not so much that he didn’t understand what was working at Rotherham, it’s that he doesn’t seem to understand why it’s not working here.  He isn’t the first manager to have a single preferred style that just works at some clubs/with some squads and not others, and he won’t be the last.

And for what it’s worth, I think McClaren was very lucky in that he walked into a near-perfect squad for what he wanted to do, and when he didn’t have the really key players available that he needed to make it work (Martin, Thorne/Eustace etc) we were much less effective.  Although I do think he’s more adaptable than Warne seems to be.  In his second spell, we started out much more defensive and ground out a lot of decent results.  It’s only when we tried to open it up a bit in the new year, and the Martin and Thorne replacements we signed (Nugent and De Sart) didn’t quite manage to do those jobs, that the wheels came off.

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

I couldn’t agree more. I’m rarely on here at the moment and I largely avoid Twitter. All the negativity and moaning for the sake of it is really draining and really getting me down. The only thing ruining the current season for me is our own supporters.

So, I’m now largely avoiding football on social media and just enjoying going to Pride Park to watch the matches. And yes, I am enjoying them. 

I’m going to have to join you in staying off, it’s draining, we have been half decent and that’s with plenty of Injuries, it’s a long season, Warne and some of the players getting abused just simply don’t deserve it, it’s like we’ve won 2 in 10 not lost 1 in 10

57 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The reason I only suspect it is, quite frankly, because there’s too many players in those old Rotherham squads that I don’t know enough about to tell, let alone how they were actually being used in matches.  And it’s difficult to get useful information online about that kind of stuff, especially since whoscored don’t have League One stats going back that far.  I do know that he was promoted from within at Rotherham, so it’s not crazy to assume he carried on with something vaguely similar to the previous manager.

I certainly think it’s absolutely clear that Warne is trying to run exactly the same playbook here that he was running at Rotherham, and it’s not working anywhere near as well, even with the additions over the summer.  And there’s no real sign of us changing that approach, we’re still just going to keep getting the ball wide quickly and put crosses in.  That’s the biggest indicator for me, that what I said is right.  And if you read what I wrote, it’s not so much that he didn’t understand what was working at Rotherham, it’s that he doesn’t seem to understand why it’s not working here.  He isn’t the first manager to have a single preferred style that just works at some clubs/with some squads and not others, and he won’t be the last.

And for what it’s worth, I think McClaren was very lucky in that he walked into a near-perfect squad for what he wanted to do, and when he didn’t have the really key players available that he needed to make it work (Martin, Thorne/Eustace etc) we were much less effective.  Although I do think he’s more adaptable than Warne seems to be.  In his second spell, we started out much more defensive and ground out a lot of decent results.  It’s only when we tried to open it up a bit in the new year, and the Martin and Thorne replacements we signed (Nugent and De Sart) didn’t quite manage to do those jobs, that the wheels came off.

Honestly, I am not trying to be rude or obtuse but you have come out with statements about warne , his time at Rotherham, his 3 promotion s and you then admit that you don’t have a clue whether there is a grain of truth in it , promoted from within to replace a manager who was failing ? Or did he retire and warne carried on the success ? 
non of that stuff is fair and exactly the kind of stuff I argue blind about ,

whether warne can adapt to derby , whether he is doing a good enough job just now , whether given a bit of time he will get it right or needs replacing??? Well that’s fair game and up for debate and it’s all opinions where non of us can say for certain we are right 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’m going to have to join you in staying off, it’s draining, we have been half decent and that’s with plenty of Injuries, it’s a long season, Warne and some of the players getting abused just simply don’t deserve it, it’s like we’ve won 2 in 10 not lost 1 in 10

Actually I’m going to join you too , it’s like certain religious missionaries who come round knocking doors desperately trying to convert the warne out non believers 

Edited by Archied

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Actually I’m going to join you too , it’s like certain religious missionaries who come round knocking doors desperately trying to convert the warne out non believers 

You seem to be doing plenty of proselytising mate.

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honestly, I am not trying to be rude or obtuse but you have come out with statements about warne , his time at Rotherham, his 3 promotion s and you then admit that you don’t have a clue whether there is a grain of truth in it , promoted from within to replace a manager who was failing ? Or did he retire and warne carried on the success ? 
non of that stuff is fair and exactly the kind of stuff I argue blind about ,

whether warne can adapt to derby , whether he is doing a good enough job just now , whether given a bit of time he will get it right or needs replacing??? Well that’s fair game and up for debate and it’s all opinions where non of us can say for certain we are right 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m just trying to rationalise how on earth he managed to get 3 promotions at Rotherham, because from what I can see at Derby, he seems to have no clue what he’s doing.  Honestly, him inheriting a squad that suited what he wanted and then him just running with it is the best, kindest explanation I can find.

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

please point out who's moaning 'for the sake of it' and who's 'moaning' because they don't like certain aspects of what they see and have a longer term view than on Warne's suitability to manage us long term.

Seriously. Think there needs to be some sort of 'line in the sand' drawn somewhere so people know what they're allowed and not allowed to post and how often.

Maybe set up a separate forum page for the elitist arses who want an echo chamber and consider any comment critiquing Warne in even the slightest way as being abusive and unreasonable toward him?

Edited by Kokosnuss

30 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

please point out who's moaning 'for the sake of it' and who's 'moaning' because they don't like certain aspects of what they see and have a longer term view than on Warne's suitability to manage us long term.

Seriously. Think there needs to be some sort of 'line in the sand' drawn somewhere so people know what they're allowed and not allowed to post and how often.

Maybe set up a separate forum page for the elitist arses who want an echo chamber and consider any comment critiquing Warne in even the slightest way as being abusive and unreasonable toward him?

Seeing as they said that they're rarely on here at the moment due to the negativity and moaning for the sake of it bringing them down are you really expecting an answer from them.

Their post seemed pretty clear to me too so not sure why you feel it necessary to clarify any of the content. 

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seeing as they said that they're rarely on here at the moment due to the negativity and moaning for the sake of it bringing them down are you really expecting an answer from them.

Their post seemed pretty clear to me too so not sure why you feel it necessary to clarify any of the content. 

I'm not sure why you exist on this forum full stop tbf. You don't actually appear to want to discuss the things that happen at Derby County and you hold sooooo many posters in contempt and treat them with such disdain I wonder why you even bother to come on at all.

Constantly moaning about other posters and offering f*** ALL in terms of a genuine opinion anyone can engage with or argue against

Probably in the top 5 for worst regular posters we've ever had.

Edited by Kokosnuss

6 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'm not sure why you exist on this forum full stop tbf.

Constantly moaning about other posters and offering f*** ALL in terms of a genuine opinion anyone can engage with or argue against

I merely said respect the reason why the poster rarely comes on this forum rather than try to argue the toss about it.

If that's how they feel, that the constant negativity and moaning is bringing them down then who are you to argue against that?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I merely said respect the reason why the poster rarely comes on this forum rather than try to argue the toss about it.

If that's how they feel, that the constant negativity and moaning is bringing them down then who are you to argue against that?

I wasn't arguing against I was asking for specific examples.

After using my thesaurus, one example brings me the word specimen, which seems quite appropriate when considering your posts.

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'm not sure why you exist on this forum full stop tbf.

That's a bit harsh. We shouldn't over-criticise because we feel frustrated.

Maybe top 10.  

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

I want arguing against I was asking for specific examples.

In using my thesaurus, examples brings me the word specimen, which seems.quite apt.

Do you really think someone whose just said they rarely come on this forum due to the constant moaning and negativity are going to all of a sudden start trying to engage you to justify why they feel that way?

They do feel that way as they've stated it. Respect that. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do you really think someone whose just said they rarely come on this forum due to the constant moaning and negativity are going to all of a sudden start trying to engage you to justify why they feel that way?

They do feel that way as they've stated it. Respect that. 

You know f*** all about respecting other posters.

You're the biggest hypocrite on the forum.

Yours, the plebs.

Edited by Kokosnuss

12 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You know f*** all about respecting other posters.

You're the biggest hypocrite on the forum.

Yours, the plebs.

On a forum with the title Anyone else had enough it's quite ironic that when someone shares with the group that they rarely come on here now due to the constant negativity and moaning that you try to get them to justify why they feel like this.

Have you ever considered that it's this behaviour from yourself that is driving them away in the first place? Evidently not. 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

On a forum with the title Anyone else had enough it's quite ironic that when someone shares with the group that they rarely come on here now due to the constant negativity and moaning that you try to get them to justify why they feel like this.

Have you ever considered that it's this behaviour from yourself that is driving them away in the first place? Evidently not. 

Have you ever considered that it's YOUR behaviour that constantly creates division? You're the the most intolerant poster on here and you CONSTANTLY try to dictate to others what they should and shouldn't post .

You constantly post examples of things which you consider poor behaviour and hypocrisy but you display that nearly every time you post and have ZERO self awareness that you're doing so.

The level of piety in your posts is exhausting.

Get in the f****** bin.

Edited by Kokosnuss