Anyone else had enough?

Topram

12 hours ago, europia said:

Successful teams have to find a way to play against those teams out to frustrate and contain. It's also about turning those draws into wins. I don't think people are being negative when they are disappointed at not winning a game against a bottom of the league team who hadn't scored a goal all season. That's not an unreasonable expectation. The manager being happy with the performance is however, a bit of a concern.

Context. 6 good saves by their keeper and two goal line blocks by defenders. You'd think those had no effect on  the result...

15 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Coming away from the Peterborough match I don’t think I heard one person say we should have lost that.🤔

It's easy to get caught up in the emotion after scoring 4 goals away from home and winning. The 15 minute spell where every touch turned to gold distorted perception, especially Waghorn's 2nd (deflecting in Mendez-Laing's shot) and his 3rd (right foot curler from the edge of the box). The performance overall wasn't great, and I personally felt a draw would have been fair.

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Well, Warne has said we are fundamentally failing.

"Fundamentally, we're failing, we're not in the top six where we need to get," Warne told BBC Radio Derby.

"They need to go away and have a think, come back and improve with the standards, all of them.

"If the lads want to achieve something then we have to improve. Everybody has to be spot if we're going to be successful in all aspects of their game."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67081917

Hmm ,, yet I was replying to posts stating concern that he is not concerned enough about our performances and results in his interviews ,

1, sack him because he thinks we are doing ok so hasn’t got a clue and not watching the same game

2, sack him because he admits in his own words we are failing 

hmmmmm to some ,all roads lead to sacking him soon as 🤷🏻‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's easy to get caught up in the emotion after scoring 4 goals away from home and winning. The 15 minute spell where every touch turned to gold distorted perception, especially Waghorn's 2nd (deflecting in Mendez-Laing's shot) and his 3rd (right foot curler from the edge of the box). The performance overall wasn't great, and I personally felt a draw would have been fair.

A draw would have been fair when we scored more than them😂

the old saying football is not played on paper should now be replaced by football is not played on a spreadsheet 🤷🏻‍♂️
we have exactly the points we’ve won and lost , personally think we should be doing at least a little better with the squad , but I do believe we will have spells in the season where we do and those above us just now will be a bit poorer than they have started and the points on the table will tell the story

oh and personally I want to get caught up in the emotion of a win , it’s what I go to games for

Edited by Archied

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

A draw would have been fair when we scored more than them😂

the old saying football is not played on paper should now be replaced by football is not played on a spreadsheet 🤷🏻‍♂️
we have exactly the points we’ve won and lost , personally think we should be doing at least a little better with the squad , but I do believe we will have spells in the season where we do and those above us just now will be a bit poorer than they have started and the points on the table will tell the story

You've never left a game thinking "we deserved to win that", despite coming away with 1 or 0 points?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You've never left a game thinking "we deserved to win that", despite coming away with 1 or 0 points?

Yep and it’s balanced out by the opposite happening game on game over a season , over multiple seasons , I’ve never come away from a game thinking the manager needs sacking because we didn’t deserve the win we just got 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Your enjoyment of the game is enhanced and influenced by stats , spreadsheets ect ect and that’s ok , for me it’s not , it’s all about results and atmosphere 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep and it’s balanced out by the opposite happening game on game over a season , over multiple seasons , I’ve never come away from a game thinking the manager needs sacking because we didn’t deserve the win we just got 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make as this reply seems to be agreeing with what I'm saying, but your previous reply isn't. 

I haven't used the Peterborough game as a reason for sacking Warne. I simply stated a draw would have been fairer than the win we did get. Your response suggested I'm wrong for thinking that because we scored more than them on the day.

You also point out that these things even out over a season. The evidence does support that, with use failing to get wins at Cambridge and Cheltenham, despite the statistical analysis suggesting we should have won both. 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

A big part of the reason I'm so negative about Warne, even when we win, is that I have absolutely zero faith that we can repeat it.  The people flagging up e.g. xG differences vs real life results aren't just picking fault for the sake of it (or anything like that), we're looking at what happened and thinking how likely we are to be able do it again and win again.

That Peterborough game for example -  we could easily have been 3 or 4 down early on, then had a spell where literally every chance we had went in.  Was I happy we won? Yes.  Did I think we were likely to play like that in other games and win them? No.

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Your enjoyment of the game is enhanced and influenced by stats , spreadsheets ect ect and that’s ok , for me it’s not , it’s all about results and atmosphere 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's not true. I enjoy watching the game itself. I use stats as evidence to show what I'm seeing with my own eyes.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Here’s the rub, you and I are a different type of fan , for me when I walk away from a win I don’t want to spend the time till the next game going over possession stats , pass completions, xg number to tell me we didn’t deserve to win the game and probably won’t win many more going forward , I want to spend that time looking forward to the next game in the glow of a win and hope restored , for fans of clubs like ours it’s the hope that sustains you and the hope that kills you , rollercoaster of emotions, ups and downs 🤷🏻‍♂️,

not saying my way is better , it just is what it is 

37 minutes ago, Archied said:

Bradley looked a beast in pre season 🤷🏻‍♂️

And bradley last couple hes played has looked solid, first couple he stuggled with, yes but i think that was lack of match fitness i wpuld have no problem we bradley starting but hes got to fight with cash and nelson which both are doing well to keep him out the team

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

A big part of the reason I'm so negative about Warne, even when we win, is that I have absolutely zero faith that we can repeat it.  The people flagging up e.g. xG differences vs real life results aren't just picking fault for the sake of it (or anything like that), we're looking at what happened and thinking how likely we are to be able do it again and win again.

That Peterborough game for example -  we could easily have been 3 or 4 down early on, then had a spell where literally every chance we had went in.  Was I happy we won? Yes.  Did I think we were likely to play like that in other games and win them? No.

I’ve long since realised that you never know what your going to get from a game of football , that’s where the feeling I get when getting in the car for a 6 hour round trip comes from , that’s why i love to go , if I knew were going to win every game or lose every game I would get bored pretty quickly 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Here’s the rub, you and I are a different type of fan , for me when I walk away from a win I don’t want to spend the time till the next game going over possession stats , pass completions, xg number to tell me we didn’t deserve to win the game and probably won’t win many more going forward , I want to spend that time looking forward to the next game in the glow of a win and hope restored , for fans of clubs like ours it’s the hope that sustains you and the hope that kills you , rollercoaster of emotions, ups and downs 🤷🏻‍♂️,

not saying my way is better , it just is what it is 

This Exactly.

23 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Now I’m confused again, so our forwards are rubbish because they need too many chances to score goals, but if they score three goals from not many chances they are lucky, that right 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’ve long since realised that you never know what your going to get from a game of football , that’s where the feeling I get when getting in the car for a 6 hour round trip comes from , that’s why i love to go , if I knew were going to win every game or lose every game I would get bored pretty quickly 

That's fine, and obviously you're free to enjoy football in whatever way you choose to.

I am just concerned that Warne is of a similar mind of you, and I think that's a much more serious problem if you're a manager.  We seem to go into games with that "never know what your going to get from a game of football" attitude, but hoping that if we run around enough and get enough crosses in, we'll be alright.  Sometimes we are, sometimes we aren't, and that's where the analysis ends.

44 minutes ago, Archied said:

And playing good, attractive and exciting football of course 😉