Anyone else had enough?

Topram

10 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Perhaps There (should be) a kind of hush all over the forum because For all we know we’re Hurting each other. On the Rainy days and Mondays many of us just seem to want Yesterday once more. It won’t be long before we’re Top of the world again. We’ve only just begun after all. 

👏 You , are a, Superstar, 

36 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I don't really contribute much these days because the forum lacks fun.

If there are one or two threads regarding the manager and the performances then it's easy to ignore, if you want to, but looking at half a dozen threads with slightly different wording while essentially saying exactly the same thing is off putting in my opinion. 

I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to the manager, but I'm definitely on the side of those that think the current state of this forum, due to the over the top negativity, is not the best.

Sorry to hear you feel like that. Shame that you've been put off posting, I always liked what you posted.

I think a lot of the problem these days is people find it hard to agree to disagree. The internet makes it easy to shout your opinion, and even easier to argue with someone about theirs. It brings people together in their little tribes, which then tends to make people dig their heels in as they have a group of people agreeing with them. It never used to be like that, when all we used to have was our mates in the pub, who would quickly reel each other in when they started talking rubbish.

We're all guilty of it. It's a shame if it makes people feel like they can't take part in discussions though. We are all Derby at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, Topram said:

it’s absolutely draining all the constant ‘get him gone’ ‘whose next’ ‘he’s just a P.E teacher’ I’ve missed 1 away game and 1 home and it’s honestly making me not want to go, Blackpool people singing ‘warne your football is sh*t’ then 5 minutes later singing his name, honestly think if people stop over reacting and seemingly wanting Warne to fail we could get out of this league this year. Rant over roll on the draining stick that’ll come…

For the most part I agree, but you won't see anything change. Once people have made their minds up about something they are unlikely to change, so you'll see plenty more threads where a 2-1 away win is treated as a failure because it wasn't won in the correct manner with the correct players on the pitch.

I disagree with the idea that any of this nonsense should affect the players. They're paid to be professional and if they're negatively affected by some chants or things written on internet forums then they have no business in professional football.

42 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Perhaps There (should be) a kind of hush all over the forum because For all we know we’re Hurting each other. On the Rainy days and Mondays many of us just seem to want Yesterday once more. It won’t be long before we’re Top of the world again. We’ve only just begun after all. 

See you didn’t manage to get ‘Calling occupants of interplanetary craft’ in 😉

44 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

... And those annoying gits who are constantly destroying thread after thread with bloody puns can shove their keyboard right up their Jambalaya!   👀

I'm not sold on Warne so perhaps fit into the majority of our fans but im not firmly in either camp and i dont see the need to have such a polarised opinion either way.

The opinion for 'Warne out'ies' seems to centre around the industrial style of football which is only a pre requisite for football fans at seemingly any level since the Pep Barca side of 10-15 years ago. I don't recall many raging over this style under Billy Davies. A view of the league table now shows an indifferent start to the season but history is littered with hard charging teams building momentum after Christmas. Recall Palace going on an unbelievable run about 20 years ago under Iain Dowie from memory. If we were able to pull together such a run with the same type of football, I think the dissent may be a bit quieter but that's really just football now and probably always has been.

There are some green shoots of recovery past few weeks and I think wasteful probably sums up 2 of the past 3 league games but I'd attribute this to a lack of quality rather than tactics..Warne doesn't fart arse around 5 yards from goal with a 2v1 to use an example from last night.

As I say, not firmly rooted in either camp and there is absolutely arguments for in or out but there is a whole lot of nuance to consider to me. If he does go, I'd challenge any manager to get this team playing the champagne football some seem to expect 

I just think any post which isn't at least ~60-70% full of the joys of spring after every good result, any post unwilling to make some rather large stretches to make out every bad result isn't actually a bad result tends to get branded as negative and tossed onto the 'repetitive, tedious criticism' pile.

(the whataboutery of likening the Cheltenham result to Man City vs Wolves for example - I find pointing at other teams results perhaps the last vestige of rightful justification for or defence of your own teams results)  

Any post that's excessively negative about Warne seems to count triple, maybe even quadruple - I think this is quite natural tbh as we're discussing an emotive subject, and emotive language will therefore be used -  so one or two posters may act like that and suddenly the perception that a thread full of unreadable, awful, harsh negativity becomes fact, especially when we do seem to have a few who can't bear to read any valid criticism at all without jumping in to defend Warne and, sometimes abusively, calling people out on what they're saying.

It's that which I find tiring to read and would keep me away from the place. I've intentionally tried to stay away from a few match threads in the immediate aftermath of the performance (as I find there are too many people looking to 'trigger' others), only to come on later and find people claiming them to have been a den of negativity - when I go back and read the thread, it hardly ever matches the description given to it.

I think people's ability to objectively read others' posts is getting lost somewhere, and the level of negativity massively exaggerated.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I just think any post which isn't at least ~60-70% full of the joys of spring after every good result, any post unwilling to make some rather large stretches to make out every bad result isn't actually a bad result (the whataboutery of likening the Cheltenham result to Man City vs Wolves for example) tends to get branded as negative and tossed onto with the 'repetitive, tedious criticism' pile.

Any post that's excessively negative about Warne seems to count triple, maybe even quadruple, so one or two posters may act like that and suddenly the perception that a thread full of unreadable, awful, harsh negativity becomes fact, especially when we do seem to have a few who can't bear to read any valid criticism at all without jumping in to defend Warne and call people out on what they're saying.

It's that which I find tiring to read and would keep me away from the place. I've intentionally tried to stay away from a few match threads in the immediate aftermath of the performance as I find there are too many people looking to 'trigger' others, only to come on later and find people claiming them to have been a den of negativity - when I go back and read the thread, it hardly ever matches the description given to it.

I think people's ability to objectively read others' posts is getting lost somewhere, and the level of negativity massively exaggerated.

Agree with this. Plenty of positive stuff was said after last night, but you still had the usual "hur dur I bet some people are upset that we won" rubbish, and "bet some people will be avoiding the forum after that win" when again, plenty of positive stuff had been said by people who have been openly critical recently.

Almost any criticism is also often jumped on and ridiculed, belittled and disregarded. As if narrowly beating notts county reserves suddenly shows how fantastic we are.

I just wish I worked for some of the people who think everything is fantastic at the moment. At least I know I'd hit my bonus every month.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Warne is not going anywhere anytime soon, that is factual, wanting him out will not get him out, so what is the point then?  To moan for the sake of it?  Does that help the team?  Oh I see, it is not about helping the team it is about freedom of a useless opinion.  The practical viewpoint is to support the team and it's leadership to get out of this division.

Fans feel they need to get an opinion out there, A sort of I told you so, Or a case of I'm glad I got that off my chest, You may be surprised that if it were not for fans forums then they'd most likely take it to the ground...and those that take it to the ground may well not have access to the internet.

One fans useless opinion is another fans thoughts.

Now what happened to the Politics thread 😁

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Properly get pelters for this as 80% seem to have made their mind up over Warne, but anyone else just had enough with the constant negativity towards the players and staff? It’s relentless.

Even after last nights win I’m seeing people try and twist it negatively, overall last night we played faster tempo had chances and won end off, so why the negativity?

Warnes come out and said last night about blocking outside noise out, really think knocking them will help? It’ll only make it worse, 5 in 11 for Collins decent return, what’s booing him and giving him stick going to do? Why can’t we get behind them? We’re in league 1 we won’t have world beaters that will do everything so perfectly. 

1 defeat in 10 due to some terrible refereeing it’s not anywhere near as bad as people are making out, it’s as if we’ve won 1 in 10.

I can be as negative as anyone and as annoyed as anyone when we drop points etc but it’s the bigger picture move on we go again, It’s not an easy league like people expect, Sunderland sheff united Ipswich Bolton etc all got stuck for time, and probably only Bolton started in a worse rebuild situation as us… 

it’s absolutely draining all the constant ‘get him gone’ ‘whose next’ ‘he’s just a P.E teacher’ I’ve missed 1 away game and 1 home and it’s honestly making me not want to go, Blackpool people singing ‘warne your football is sh*t’ then 5 minutes later singing his name, honestly think if people stop over reacting and seemingly wanting Warne to fail we could get out of this league this year. Rant over roll on the draining stick that’ll come…

Im not a Warne fan, never have been, but he is our manager. To chant negative songs at matches is stupid, you back your team through thick and thin. The neagative remarks on here dont bother me but a different thing at matches, how does it help the team, booing etc, it dosnt their heads just drop. I know fans say we paid our money and want better,but nothing is guaranteed in football,you have to take the good with the bad or dont go.

11 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Agree with this. Plenty of positive stuff was said after last night, but you still had the usual "hur dur I bet some people are upset that we won" rubbish, and "bet some people will be avoiding the forum after that win" when again, plenty of positive stuff had been said by people who have been openly critical recently.

Almost any criticism is also often jumped on and ridiculed, belittled and disregarded. As if narrowly beating notts county reserves suddenly shows how fantastic we are.

I just wish I worked for some of the people who think everything is fantastic at the moment. At least I know I'd hit my bonus every month.

This backs up the OP’s point, and I am jumping on it a bit.

You’re right there are some balanced views from all quarters, and there are some unbalance views from a select few. Yes people have a right to criticise the things that they perceive to be wrong, it just doesn’t need to go to the extreme some do or be wrapped up in hyperbole. 
Your final point is illustrative of the problem, you’re defending the rights of those who feel valid in their criticism by loosely waving a finger at some mystical group of people who are saying everything is fantastic. I’ve not seen anyone claim things are “fantastic” just not as bleak as others make out. With the truth more than likely being in the middle of those extreme points on the scale.

So calling out the negativity should be frowned upon….as should calling out the positivity. If we’re talking about balance. People can have their opinion, and it doesn’t need to descend into snide comments or tribalism. As you said yourself earlier, we’re all Derby aren’t we? 

I don’t think anyone is saying no-one can’t have an opinion or post anything negative.  The number of threads that are started with a different title then result in pretty much the posts constantly is a bit unnecessary.  If it’s a reasoned debate, whether positive or negative is much more enjoyable.

It does seem though that some are son entrenched in their views, more so the negative ones, that it’s almost like they’re looking for something, no matter what it is.  We could win 5-0 and there’d be something to moan about, either in the match a phrase Warne uses in his interview.  It’s like when you just signed the paperwork on that Vauxhall Astra at Available Car and it the feels like that at every traffic lights and roundabout on your way home you’re behind a Vauxhall Astra.  You forget about the hundreds of other cars you’ve seen.  Because it’s what you’re looking for, it’s what you see.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

For the most part I agree, but you won't see anything change. Once people have made their minds up about something they are unlikely to change, so you'll see plenty more threads where a 2-1 away win is treated as a failure because it wasn't won in the correct manner with the correct players on the pitch.

I disagree with the idea that any of this nonsense should affect the players. They're paid to be professional and if they're negatively affected by some chants or things written on internet forums then they have no business in professional football.

Think it dosnt matter how professional you are, a lot of young ones these days cant take criticism.

Edited by Kathcairns

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This backs up the OP’s point, and I am jumping on it a bit.

You’re right there are some balanced views from all quarters, and there are some unbalance views from a select few. Yes people have a right to criticise the things that they perceive to be wrong, it just doesn’t need to go to the extreme some do or be wrapped up in hyperbole. 
Your final point is illustrative of the problem, you’re defending the rights of those who feel valid in their criticism by loosely waving a finger at some mystical group of people who are saying everything is fantastic. I’ve not seen anyone claim things are “fantastic” just not as bleak as others make out. With the truth more than likely being in the middle of those extreme points on the scale.

So calling out the negativity should be frowned upon….as should calling out the positivity. If we’re talking about balance. People can have their opinion, and it doesn’t need to descend into snide comments or tribalism. As you said yourself earlier, we’re all Derby aren’t we? 

Totally agree. I think I was trying to make the point that both sides have genuine reasons to feel how they feel. It's all opinions isn't it, we just need to make sure we don't mistake our own opinion as fact.