Anyone else had enough?

Topram

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Have you ever considered that it's YOUR behaviour that constantly creates division? You're the the most intolerant poster on here and you CONSTANTLY try to dictate to others what they should and shouldn't post 

You constantly post our examples of things which to consider poor behaviour and hypocrisy but you display that neat every time you post and have ZERO self awareness that you're doing do.

The level of piety in your posts is exhausting yet your making person here seems to be to ridicule others. 

Get in the f****** bin.

Guess that's a no then. Goodnight. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think people should try to contribute to the wider discourse where possible. Just focusing on other poster's deficiencies isn't great.

I agree completely and I've had many conversations with people who hold an opposing.virwpoint.

Usually we can work it out between us.

Occasionally I/we have to deal with trolls.

Edited by Kokosnuss

53 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You know f*** all about respecting other posters.

You're the biggest hypocrite on the forum.

Yours, the plebs.

Why don’t you go back in your history and read your posts , then you’ ll know why people have such an opinion of you.

I wish I had the skills to start a new forum for proper Derby Supporters who wished to share their views. As administrator I would also have the power to block those who just wish to moan without justification - like you and a few of your pals.

11 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Why don’t you go back in your history and read your posts , then you’ ll know why people have such an opinion of you.

I wish I had the skills to start a new forum for proper Derby Supporters who wished to share their views. As administrator I would also have the power to block those who just wish to moan without justification - like you and a few of your pals.

Echo chambers are great, have you tried Twitter or Facebook?

I thought about moderating this thread then remembered ive got to be up at 5.15 am for work. I also took into account the absolute pointlessness of it all and decided, after taking all things into account, that Derby are going up  and we'll all be in a great big love in soon enough anyway. 

The bickering seems a bit childish when you read it in one sitting btw.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I thought about moderating this thread then remembered ive got to be up at 5.15 am for work. I also took into account the absolute pointlessness of it all and decided, after taking all things into account, that Derby are going up  and we'll all be in a great big love in soon enough anyway. 

We aren't being childish, you are, so nerr

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

It seems many threads eventually evolve into personal spats between a small number of posters. I agree it's pointless and unimportant in the wider scheme of things but it's tiresome and detracts from an otherwise excellent forum where it's clear (and healthy) that we don't all have the same opinions.

I'd be happy for mods to dish out a few 2 weeks bans for persistent offenders rather than having to cleanse individual threads.

46 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

It seems many threads eventually evolve into personal spats between a small number of posters. I agree it's pointless and unimportant in the wider scheme of things but it's tiresome and detracts from an otherwise excellent forum where it's clear (and healthy) that we don't all have the same opinions.

I'd be happy for mods to dish out a few 2 weeks bans for persistent offenders rather than having to cleanse individual threads.

I agree. Some of the threads make no sense to me anyway because every other post is from someone on ignore! 🤦‍♀️

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. Some of the threads make no sense to me anyway because every other post is from someone on ignore! 🤦‍♀️

I suppose if one embraces freedom of forum speech/ everyone's right to an opinion, one can't also deny someone's right to block other people's posts (for themselves, as opposed to banning from the forum... unless they've broken the forum rules). But it seems a shame. Where the off-topic arguments break out, I'm not sure where else they'll get resolved, if not here.

To be fair, even if I don't agree with any particular poster, I find he/she will often be very good at citing things that have been said (whether by themselves or their "opponent") to support their argument/explain why they are riled up about the issue or how it's been put to them. I sometimes "like" posts I don't agree with for that reason.

So I get that everyone has a line in the sand and no point making oneself miserable by reading what is taken to be tedious or excessively personal, but I think where possible it's better to put up with it, or we gravitate further towards a world of echo chambers and inability to accept other folks (even if we definitely don't agree with them).

Edited by jameso