Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Paul Warne looks like he hasn’t got a care in the world. Sitting on a nice 4year contract and under no pressure from his boss. But if Rams fans have any say in the running of DCFC , he is in the fight of his life . He could start by spending 90 mins on the touch line himself tonight and showing some passion for his job. He can’t afford a bad result.

I’m far more confident about away games than home games currently. I think we have a better chance tonight than if we would if it was at home. I’m not really sure what it is with our home form currently, but it needs sorting quick.

We’re a poor refereeing display away from maximum points on the road so far this season. It would be a big result if we  could get 3 points tonight.

Have fun everybody.

I'm pretty hopeful tonight will be a comfortable win.

I'm also confidant that once we get a home win we'll get lots more.

I'm deluding myself into believing it's all going to come together over the next 5 or so matches.

It's not coolaid, but it is the Paul Warne approved brand of fine roasted coffee beans.

1 minute ago, admira said:

1 defeat in 7 and 3 consecutive clean sheets.

It might not be pretty at times but I don't understand all the negativity.

I'm guessing it's a case of "just doesn't feel like it's supposed to"?

I'm struggling to believe this team is going to do something special but this isn't a disaster team, and i'm still not sold on Warne i think they might just be starting to get better at what they're supposed to be doing.

Watch me curse today with a a disasterclass return to 3-5-2 and us losing 3 nil.........

57 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m far more confident about away games than home games currently. I think we have a better chance tonight than if we would if it was at home. I’m not really sure what it is with our home form currently, but it needs sorting quick.

We’re a poor refereeing display away from maximum points on the road so far this season. It would be a big result if we  could get 3 points tonight.

I am sure that I remember Sir Brian stating the first thing you do with a team is sort out the defence and stop conceding goals.

Last season we only started really started to make headway when our defence was solid, we had a few draws and then the wins began to come.

My major concern is last season we had McGoldrick and this season we don’t have a striker who can make something out of nothing and can put away those “less than clear cut” chances. 

I am of the opinion that a team’s confidence and performance stems from a solid defence.

If Brian Clough said  sort the defence out first then there can be no debate, he was always right. 😂😂😂😂

Even when he wasn’t 😏

1 hour ago, admira said:

1 defeat in 7 and 3 consecutive clean sheets.

It might not be pretty at times but I don't understand all the negativity.

We are 12th in the league with 1 home win in the league against Fleetwood and a very poor loss in the Cup vs Blackpool at home as well, this week is important as if we get 4 points or more things won't be that bad but if we lose tonight Warne will be under serious pressure for Saturday against a bottom of the league Cheltenham as we start the day in the bottom half of league 1.