Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Got to love a nice pre match meltdown. The team is what it is, if it proves ineffective then say your piece later surely? 
It’s got the potential to be better than when we tried it previously, a solid back 3 with Nyambe added in there, Fornah’s athleticism in the middle is a bonus. IF it’s even that formation, could be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Wilson playing further forward ahead of Nyambe 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

IMG_0439.jpeg
Is it the 3-4-2-1 used before? Something like

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin

Wilson  Smith  Fornah  Forsyth

Bird.         NML

Collins

To be fair, I'm hopeful that Warne will stick to 4231, with Wilson RW. At least to start the game.

Barkhuizen, Sibley, Washington and Waghorn to come on for the front 4, Hourihane for one of Smith and Fornah.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, I'm hopeful that Warne will stick to 4231, with Wilson RW. At least to start the game.

Barkhuizen, Sibley, Washington and Waghorn to come on for the front 4, Hourihane for one of Smith and Fornah.

Glad that Barkhuizen fella ain't playing, he looked terrible at the weekend.  Stick with Jetlag- Laing who's been electric.  

1 minute ago, trappatoni said:

Has to be wingbacks doesn't it. 

Im calling it a 532 with NML playing off Collins - but yeah and one of the CMs given more licence to join the attack

I’m calling it a dog’s breakfast. We might win, but I don’t see it being pretty. I’m going to spend my tenner down the pub. Elayna, the barmaid, has a more interesting couple up top.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Got to love a nice pre match meltdown. The team is what it is, if it proves ineffective then say your piece later surely? 
It’s got the potential to be better than when we tried it previously, a solid back 3 with Nyambe added in there, Fornah’s athleticism in the middle is a bonus. IF it’s even that formation, could be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Wilson playing further forward ahead of Nyambe 

Obviously we’ll have to see if it is a back 3 or not before we start sharpening the knives, but the last few games, the solidity at the back has been one of the few redeeming features.  If we’ve switched the defence around without good reason (like injury or something), then it’s completely unnecessary IMO.  You can’t build anything if you radically change stuff as soon as it starts looking like it might be working.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm starting to think Paul Warne is trying his hardest to ruin Derby County, maybe he is a man with a grudge.

That lineup is horrific, to drop Waghorn and Barkhuizen is laughable.

Seriously…that is what you think is it? That Paul Warne our manager is a man with a grudge trying to ruin us. 
seek help. 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

One of the main criticisms of Warne is how negative he is and the underdog mentality that he brings. That starting line up is minging, only Collins, NML and Wilson offer anything going forward and two of them turn up 1 in 6. 

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

One of the main criticisms of Warne is how negative he is and the underdog mentality that he brings. That starting line up is minging, only Collins, NML and Wilson offer anything going forward and two of them turn up 1 in 6. 

And one of those is still considered a right (wing) back

Edited by Ghost of Clough