Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

We're a point and a place behind Blackpool. Not going to be easy although SM is full of fans predicting an easy win there. They won at Barnsley at the weekend... 

Draw at best, I think.

Far from enthused with performances to date but I think we might do OK - like Peterborough away but with less drama.

We're more solid defensively and our opponent is likely to attack us (unlike Cambridge) which could play to our advantage.

The only thing against us is that this time I've called it, whereas I was sure we'd lose at Peterborough!

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Fornah, Bird, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Brown.

We are not going anywhere unless we find something going forward. Brown is banging them in this season, again, for the youth teams. Play the kid. I do not need to see Collins amble around with minimal effort or Waghorn marking himself again.

I’m with you on giving Brown a chance. But from what I’ve seen Collins , Waghorn and Washington are under orders to run till they drop. Seen little of Brown , but he does hang around the penalty spot looking like he has an eye for goal.

Public Information Announcement 
Important information from Blackpool for those attending tomorrow night.👍🐏

Concourse Update

The 2023/24 campaign will see a new pie supplier in the concourses. Clayton Park Bakery's products will be on offer before and during the game. There is also a change in the drinks selection in the concourses as Spanish beer CruzCampo replaces Fosters this season. 

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Public Information Announcement 
Important information from Blackpool for those attending tomorrow night.👍🐏

Concourse Update

The 2023/24 campaign will see a new pie supplier in the concourses. Clayton Park Bakery's products will be on offer before and during the game. There is also a change in the drinks selection in the concourses as Spanish beer CruzCampo replaces Fosters this season. 

spacer.png

That’s still neighing!

1 hour ago, Yoxoram said:

Damp and miserable here in Blackpool. Had a meal which if I said was bang average would be over scoring it. As the song goes "things can only get better", I hope. 

I have heard that in Blackpool , the chip shops are charging £20 for fish and chips . Any truth in it ?

37 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have heard that in Blackpool , the chip shops are charging £20 for fish and chips . Any truth in it ?

Don't know. I didn't partake of the vagaries of the British fish and chip shop. A lot of them seemed closed as I walked along the front late afternoon.

27 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Thanks to those travelling to Blackpool, who share their experiences on this forum

i really enjoy hearing about it, especially those who arrive early - even if it’s just to say you’re on the seafront in a Derby shirt having chips! 

It was too cold and wet this afternoon to walk around in just a shirt. I was wearing the home shirt but it was covered up by my jacket. It has been on show in the hotel bar however as I watched the first half of Fulham v Chelsea.

Edited by Yoxoram
Typo