Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I’m struggling to understand the hysteria.

I would prefer to have Barkhuisen start  but we have a steady midfield which should allow Wilson to try a few of his tricks.

I think he will score his first goal tonight.

We need to be level at least at HT.

We have the subs to make the difference in the second.

Six weeks out injured for Bird, gets 5 minutes off the bench on his return and a few days later he's straight into the starting lineup in a role which will potentially need him to play with a fair bit of energy getting up the pitch to support the lone striker and back to help cover the gaps left by wing back.

Eek! (in theory)

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Got to love a nice pre match meltdown. The team is what it is, if it proves ineffective then say your piece later surely? 
It’s got the potential to be better than when we tried it previously, a solid back 3 with Nyambe added in there, Fornah’s athleticism in the middle is a bonus. IF it’s even that formation, could be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Wilson playing further forward ahead of Nyambe 

Don't kid yourself, it will be 5 at the back but with Nyambe and Smith doing Wilson's dirty work.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I’m calling it a dog’s breakfast. We might win, but I don’t see it being pretty. I’m going to spend my tenner down the pub. Elayna, the barmaid, has a more interesting couple up top.

Bet you score less then Collins 

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm starting to think Paul Warne is trying his hardest to ruin Derby County, maybe he is a man with a grudge.

That lineup is horrific, to drop Waghorn and Barkhuizen is laughable.

Not so much Waggy, who hasn't been firing last couple of games (and has been struggling in that position), but Barkhuizen was probably worth keeping in.

Hoping the return to 3-5-2 hasn't just kissed goodbye to any chance of a result.

8 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Might remind him of the Jim Smith years - I wouldn't mind Cashin in tne Stimac role.  NML sturridge, Collins Gabbiadini, not sure we've got a Willems. 

Not sure Collins and Gabby should even be in the same sentence!

Just now, jameso said:

Not so much Waggy, who hasn't been firing last couple of games (and has been struggling in that position), but Barkhuizen was probably worth keeping in.

Hoping the return to 3-5-2 hasn't just kissed goodbye to any chance of a result.

Still think it might be a 4-4-2 Wilson can't defend anyway.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I’m calling it a dog’s breakfast. We might win, but I don’t see it being pretty. I’m going to spend my tenner down the pub. Elayna, the barmaid, has a more interesting couple up top.

Hope you pass the bleep test

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Still think it might be a 4-4-2 Wilson can't defend anyway.

Can't see it as it would involve Wilson playing wide on the right and [insert name of someone who can't play wide left] wide on the left.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks as if Warne is setting his stall out to try and snatch a 0-0. I would *love* to be proved wrong, but I cannot see any goals in that starting 11.

If it clicks and we win 0-3 or something, Paul Warne is clearly a football genius.

Or lucky b******! 😄

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'm going to be radical and wait to see how we do before waving the white flag and accepting defeat.

There's always one... 😜

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m struggling to understand the hysteria.

I would prefer to have Barkhuisen start  but we have a steady midfield which should allow Wilson to try a few of his tricks.

I think he will score his first goal tonight.

We need to be level at least at HT.

We have the subs to make the difference in the second.

How long have you been on this forum for 🤔

Some folks make a pastime out of it 

14 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Cashin is a donkey compared to Stimac and I do like him as a player.

I remember being at work when Derby were missing Stimac against Leicester and a Leicester fan advised us we were lucky as they were missing Prior AND Walshy.  How we laughed, even the resident plastic Liverpool fan, at the comparison.

I wasn't laughing when we replaced Stimac with bleedin Prior.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I remember being at work when Derby were missing Stimac against Leicester and a Leicester fan advised us we were lucky as they were missing Prior AND Walshy.  How we laughed, even the resident plastic Liverpool fan, at the comparison.

I wasn't laughing when we replaced Stimac with bleedin Prior.

mmm we didn't laugh so loud when we played them at home towards the end of Jim Smith's time