Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Wildsmith

Nyambe.    Nelson.    Cashin.   Forsyth

Wilson.      Smith.      Fornah.    Barkhuizen

Sibley

Collins

subs. Vickers, Bradley, Bird, Conner.H, Waghorn, Washington, NML

Give NML and Waghorn a rest and play Sibs in his best position, not sure if Bird is ready to start yet.

Bird & Hourihane wont be ready to start, both NML & Waggy looked off the pace yesterday.

4231 - 

Wildsmith - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Fornah Smith - Wilson Sibley Barkhuizen - Washington

Vickers Bradley Bird Hourihane NML Waghorn Collins

That to me is a decent starting 11 with a lot of pace & movement up the top end which should help us to get up the pitch as well as some much needed fresh legs, then a very strong bench to call upon.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

That to me is a decent starting 11 with a lot of pace & movement up the top end which should help us to get up the pitch as well as some much needed fresh legs, then a very strong bench to call upon.

I do believe the major criticism of this squad is that it has no pace and the forwards are almost entirely static....

15 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bird & Hourihane wont be ready to start, both NML & Waggy looked off the pace yesterday.

4231 - 

Wildsmith - Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Fornah Smith - Wilson Sibley Barkhuizen - Washington

Waghorn looked off the pace on Saturday because he was played in the wrong role and out of position. I am surprised that we haven’t seen Wildsmith as a centre forward yet. He’s tall and can jump a bit, so why not?

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Waghorn looked off the pace on Saturday because he was played in the wrong role and out of position. I am surprised that we haven’t seen Wildsmith as a centre forward yet. He’s tall and can jump a bit, so why not?

Propensity for getting sent off for handballs, I should think.

But he could have played as a second centre-forward on Saturday.

15 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

4231 - 

Picking players who are (mostly) in form? What are you hoping to achieve?

Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Fornah, Bird, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Brown.

We are not going anywhere unless we find something going forward. Brown is banging them in this season, again, for the youth teams. Play the kid. I do not need to see Collins amble around with minimal effort or Waghorn marking himself again.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Fornah, Bird, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Brown.

We are not going anywhere unless we find something going forward. Brown is banging them in this season, again, for the youth teams. Play the kid. I do not need to see Collins amble around with minimal effort or Waghorn marking himself again.

He’s scored 3 hasn't he? 2 less than Waggy and 1 less than collins, same number as Hourihane. And in the youth teams aswell. Hardly banging them in 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He’s scored 3 hasn't he? 2 less than Waggy and 1 less than collins, same number as Hourihane. And in the youth teams aswell. Hardly banging them in 

Have you seen how bad our youth team is? Collins currently a penalty merchant. Besides the point anyway, he has pace and can actually move.

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

... and when he's fit, Tommo in goal. Love your thinking Dave. NML at centre half as well 😉