11 Points

Day

The 11 point record doesn't bother me. Any football fan you chat to will want to talk about it and listen to stories about it.

One fan I met couldn't believe that I had a season ticket and went to every game. He said after about 10 games he would have stopped going and probably never gone back the next season either.

Its a badge of honour for me among friends who support massive clubs and have seen them play maybe once or twice in the flesh that I kept going and still do.

Worst team in history? Yeah we were. The fans showed they were anything but and we should be eternally proud of that and own it as a club and a fan base.

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Its a badge of honour for me among friends who support massive clubs and have seen them play maybe once or twice in the flesh that I kept going and still do.

Yeah, I don't think you're alone with that, I think many now see it as some kind of record that we should protect.

Our fans that season were incredible, it's not the nightmare memory other fans seem to think it is.

Saying that, big part of me would like to see another club beat it so we're not an answer on Eggheads.

That season I went to more away games than I had before or since (by some margin) and whilst we got pummelled in most of them (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc), in a perverse sort of way I enjoyed the trips, spending time with my 2 boys made it all worthwhile. Yes we were, for the vast majority of that season, an embarrassing ragbag of a team but for me anyway the pain of having that record has long-since disappeared.

Do I think we will still hold the record come the end of this season - yes I do. Am I bothered? Not in the slightest.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I don't think you're alone with that, I think many now see it as some kind of record that we should protect.

Our fans that season were incredible, it's not the nightmare memory other fans seem to think it is.

Saying that, big part of me would like to see another club beat it so we're not an answer on Eggheads.

It's even funnier when they support teams who have been promoted from the championship like Norwich, West brom, villa and they still didn't go to see them.

Liverpool and utd fans that I grew up with had the chance to watch them lift domestic and European titles multiple times and still didn't go. Yet we were there every week to watch utter rubbish, yet we still kept coming back game after game, defeat after defeat trying to back the players and support them. Many clubs won't get that.

I say ban this topic.  Ban it, I say... at least until Easter.

By uttering even the merest reference to it opens us up for ridicule.  For disappointment.  Even heartache for some.

Delete the thread.  Ban further reference to it.  Auto-Censor the number 11, and the word eleven.

Let's hear no more of it.

We reconvene at Easter... and remember, it's early next year!  March 29th (Good Friday) it is then...

1ad32596-3c8c-4807-ba79-b2d28cc4f718_tex

I was amazed, when watching MOTD last night, to hear of a Derby County record in relation to the PL and is was nothing to do with the majestic 07/08 season.

We hold the record for most consecutive home draws in a season, with four for the 00/01 season. Thankfully Brentford lost 3-1 at home to Everton yesterday, or they would have equalled our record.

Surely we deserve a trophy for such a feat.

Personally I find it embarrassing for us  to carry that burden around and would be delighted to shed it. Don't really understand the sentiment of a " badge of honour." 

I agree with @GboroRam and @Gee SCREAMER !! that it won't be beaten. I console myself with the fact it isn't a bad reflection on the club but a truly shocking manager. He blew it big time.

paul_jewell_1122494c.jpg.b9b8431ba0058e88fbea6b8ffdf85921.jpg

Edited by Steve How Hard?

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Personally I find it embarrassing for us  to carry that burden around and would be delighted to shed it. Don't really understand the sentiment of a " badge of honour." 

I agree with @GboroRam and @Gee SCREAMER !! that it won't be beaten. I console myself with the fact it isn't a bad reflection on the club but a truly shocking manager. He blew it big time.

paul_jewell_1122494c.jpg.b9b8431ba0058e88fbea6b8ffdf85921.jpg

Ah good ol Paul Jewel.

Not sure if he blew it bigger at our club or with those ladies in his bed.

42 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I was amazed, when watching MOTD last night, to hear of a Derby County record in relation to the PL and is was nothing to do with the majestic 07/08 season.

We hold the record for most consecutive home draws in a season, with four for the 00/01 season. Thankfully Brentford lost 3-1 at home to Everton yesterday, or they would have equalled our record.

Surely we deserve a trophy for such a feat.

A star of golden hue, at the very least, I'd say!  

1 hour ago, David said:

This is probably the best chance since we took the record for our 11 points to be beaten.

Come at me all you nay sayers!

It might have been, until you opened your yawning gap, in the same way you reckoned the league should have just awarded us promotion last season, and we promptly went into reverse. 

Not only are you stupid, you don't learn either.