11 Points

Day

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have they conveniently overlooked the other 73 years we've had in the top division which probably includes about 50 top half finishes, 3 runner up positions and 2 titles. 

Of course they have 😔 Football was only invented when the Premier League started 😁

Can’t see it ever being broken personally. Was an almost impressive concoction of ineptness and misfortune.

A squad that had over achieved and were by no means ready for Premiership football.

An ownership group not willing or unable to fund the club adequately to compete and looking to sell. 

A manager who can no longer get work and has displayed tendencies of someone with severe paranoia. 

We then hired somebody who not long after being appointed was on the front page of a tabloid for a sex tape he had done years previously. 

The Derby way. 

Edited by CrapSince99

51 minutes ago, CrapSince99 said:

Can’t see it ever being broken personally. Was an almost impressive concoction of ineptness and misfortune.

A squad that had over achieved and were by no means ready for Premiership football.

An ownership group not willing or unable to fund the club adequately to compete and looking to sell. 

A manager who can no longer get work and has displayed tendencies of someone with severe paranoia. 

We then hired somebody who not long after being appointed was on the front page of a tabloid for a sex tape he had done years previously. 

The Derby way. 

Happy days. Oh wait...

On 24/09/2023 at 19:37, KBB said:

The 11 point record doesn't bother me. Any football fan you chat to will want to talk about it and listen to stories about it.

One fan I met couldn't believe that I had a season ticket and went to every game. He said after about 10 games he would have stopped going and probably never gone back the next season either.

Its a badge of honour for me among friends who support massive clubs and have seen them play maybe once or twice in the flesh that I kept going and still do.

Worst team in history? Yeah we were. The fans showed they were anything but and we should be eternally proud of that and own it as a club and a fan base.

Yes we were the worst team, and the dreadful 11pts record is an absolute embarrassment that has tainted the clubs proud history. I would be ecstatic if another poor performing team achieve less than 11pts and take ownership of that lousy record. Actually, I don't see it happening, but live in hope.....

17 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

It takes an unholy combination of financial restriction, inept management, management changes, disillusioned and fractious dressing room and bad luck to challenge  our record. I'm saying Sheff Utd are best placed.

Does it have to be the premier league. Sheffield Wednesday and Cheltenham have a reasonable chance to beat it.

it’s just occurred to me that both Sheffield clubs are as crap as each other in their respective leagues. As much as it must have been all fun and games when they both got promoted, I bet that’s a pretty miserable city now. 

On 29/09/2023 at 12:35, CrapSince99 said:

The Derby way. 

Think half the players we signed got crocked after a couple of games when tey realised how crap we were

Was it danny mills that lasted less than two games 

On 24/09/2023 at 19:10, Steve How Hard? said:

Personally I find it embarrassing for us  to carry that burden around and would be delighted to shed it. Don't really understand the sentiment of a " badge of honour." 

I agree with @GboroRam and @Gee SCREAMER !! that it won't be beaten. I console myself with the fact it isn't a bad reflection on the club but a truly shocking manager. He blew it big time.

paul_jewell_1122494c.jpg.b9b8431ba0058e88fbea6b8ffdf85921.jpg

He did blow it big time, but he was working with what Billy Davis left him, which in terms of Premier League football was diddly squat. If you remember Billy went in holiday for 2 weeks while all the players we needed to sign went to other clubs, leaving us to sign a load of has-beens and rejects. A bit like what Cocu inherited from Lampard’s double stab in the back, only Jewell was no Cocu. 

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

He did blow it big time, but he was working with what Billy Davis left him, which in terms of Premier League football was diddly squat. If you remember Billy went in holiday for 2 weeks while all the players we needed to sign went to other clubs, leaving us to sign a load of has-beens and rejects. A bit like what Cocu inherited from Lampard’s double stab in the back, only Jewell was no Cocu. 

Don’t think there was a lot to choose between Billy D and Jewel . When we got promoted it was only the £50 million game. However you are right - there was a distinct lack of investment. Luton are also trying to do it on a shoestring. Effort alone is not enough and I think 12 points looks a long way off for them.

5 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

He did blow it big time, but he was working with what Billy Davis left him, which in terms of Premier League football was diddly squat. If you remember Billy went in holiday for 2 weeks while all the players we needed to sign went to other clubs, leaving us to sign a load of has-beens and rejects. A bit like what Cocu inherited from Lampard’s double stab in the back, only Jewell was no Cocu

He was definitely no Cocu but he was a C*ck

We were justifiably relegated that season. I flew back for half a dozen of the home games, one of which was Chelsea. We went 1 up. Then, a Derby player was fouled around the centre circle. Ref gave Chelsea the free kick and, in the ensuing move, they scored. 1-1. Shortly afterwards, a Derby player was fouled around the centre circle.... wash, rinse repeat. 1-2 and Chelsea go home with 3 points.

There were more instances of such injustice during the season but we would still have finished bottom but may well have beaten Sunderland's 15, Huddersfield's 16 and Villa's 17 points tallies from previous seasons.

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

We were justifiably relegated that season. I flew back for half a dozen of the home games, one of which was Chelsea. We went 1 up. Then, a Derby player was fouled around the centre circle. Ref gave Chelsea the free kick and, in the ensuing move, they scored. 1-1. Shortly afterwards, a Derby player was fouled around the centre circle.... wash, rinse repeat. 1-2 and Chelsea go home with 3 points.

There were more instances of such injustice during the season but we would still have finished bottom but may well have beaten Sunderland's 15, Huddersfield's 16 and Villa's 17 points tallies from previous seasons.

People talk about the perfect storm of no investment, bad running, bad players, but we had some horrendous luck as well. Just a normal amount of luck and we might have got a couple more points. 

On 05/10/2023 at 18:35, TigerTedd said:

People talk about the perfect storm of no investment, bad running, bad players, but we had some horrendous luck as well. Just a normal amount of luck and we might have got a couple more points. 

Any team having to suffer the self destructive negligence of Billy Davies followed by the incompetence of 'not fit for purpose' Jewell, would have struggled. 

On 05/10/2023 at 17:35, TigerTedd said:

Remember Liverpool cheating one away from us at home which we'd have had with VAR nowadays.

Interestingly, Sunderland lost 4-0 to Man utd that day and 7-1 to Everton the day we lost to Chelsea,  They got 39 points despite clearly being s**** .😂