11 Points

Day

Just now, TimRam said:

Never thought we'd have that record fa cup final defeat equalled but it happened in our lifetime. Hope it does not take a hundred years for the 11 point one to be beaten/equalled though!

If only Stones had tapped it in from 3 yards instead of clearing the crossbar in the 89th minute.  Seeing as our goalie had a broken arm and there were no subs, they can have that one by default.

The one that sneaked up without any warning, was the most games without a win.  macclesfield hold that joint with us and only had too lose or draw to Carlisle to break it.  They were 2-0 down with about 15 minutes to go.  Then won 3-2.  Gits

I think it will need something pretty unique to ever seriously threaten our record. We were massively worse than any other team that year. This year though, as others have said, that there are several poor teams who will pick up points off each other so I just don't see it.

Even if teams only manage one win all year then they can probably limp over the line with draws as there are so many mediocre teams down there to pick up points from. Sadly, I just don't see anyone being that bad again. I could only ever see a lower total by way of a points deduction for financial irregularities or something.

29 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

That's why the song doesn't bother me, it's not true.

Fair comment.

Same could be said about the chant claiming Derby County to be "by far the greatest team the world have ever seen", or that one about me following The Rams "Over land and sea" (The latter being a complete lie, but I still sing it!).

Sometimes wonder why we bother with chants at all.

👀

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just realised... I bet Newcastle are relieved to have got that win out of the way today!  

#The only team not to beat the worst team in history!  🤣

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s not exactly true. There are other teams that didn’t beat us that season. Barcelona didn’t beat us, or Bayern Munich. Forest definitely didn’t beat us. 

Fulham didn't beat us that season either

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Agreed. Unless a team is genuinely terrible and they get points deducted then that record is safe for a long time yet.

A genuinely terrible team could be docked 15 points and still finish with more than 11.

It'll take 30 and a dreadful team. 

32 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Don't forget Kenny I couldn't hit a barn door Miller.....

If we'd kept him and Earnshaw though they'd definitely have got 40 goals between them in the championship and we'd have gone back up.  We flogged them and brought in Ellington on a 1.5 million loan, Hulse for 2 mill and Dickinson for nearly a million.  Hulse was OK.  He'd have been better with one of those two.

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s not exactly true. There are other teams that didn’t beat us that season. Barcelona didn’t beat us, or Bayern Munich. Forest definitely didn’t beat us. 

As I recall, our worst ever side and the one they refer to as the worst team in history, beat them 2-0  whilst they played two divisions below us. Just two months after having been tonked at home by Yeovil with a player we let go on a free tearing them a new one.  

Sky have just been looking at the three teams promoted to the Prem this season and asking if they will beat our 11 pts . Showing what they call the “League of shame” with us at the top. No mention of greedy Prem chairmen meeting today to give themselves a massively improved TV deal. Which will only widen the gap between rich and poor.

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sky have just been looking at the three teams promoted to the Prem this season and asking if they will beat our 11 pts . Showing what they call the “League of shame” with us at the top. No mention of greedy Prem chairmen meeting today to give themselves a massively improved TV deal. Which will only widen the gap between rich and poor.

Have they conveniently overlooked the other 73 years we've had in the top division which probably includes about 50 top half finishes, 3 runner up positions and 2 titles.