The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

And yet, it is usually is.

Imagine if Forest had said "No, we must stop all these managerial changes and keep Chris Hughton! He's an experienced manager who knows how to get teams promoted from the Championship, it will do us no good getting rid of him"

Chris hughton had overseen a run of 1 point from 7 games playing some of the most boring football forest fans had seen. It was obvious it had to go. We are not even close to being at that stage with Warne. You are jumping the gun. 

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

And yet, it is usually is.

Imagine if Forest had said "No, we must stop all these managerial changes and keep Chris Hughton! He's an experienced manager who knows how to get teams promoted from the Championship, it will do us no good getting rid of him"

And yet it rarely is. Imagine if Forest had cut Steve Cooper last season when the more rabid fans were demanding precisely that? Since you’ve mentioned Forest, by my quick count, they had 13 permanent managers in the decade before sacking Hughton. How’d that work for them?

NB: It’s also worth pointing out the difference records between Hughton’s tenure at Forest and Warne’s at Derby. Has Warne been great? I’m not suggesting he has been but it’s a bit bloody early throw out yet another manager.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm trying NOT to be influenced by the fact I think he is a bit of a t*t!

Unlike many on here, I have never warmed to his antics. Especially the  verbal diarrhoea, personal remarks about players and lack of boundaries.  Where's his work/life balance? 

But I can put up with all of that if we're winning whilst playing some good football.

Hey Angie, I've heard so much (and probably dispensed a few dollops) of management psycho-babble over the years I kind of mentally float away when I'm listening to him.

Can't make up my mind whether he's touchingly naive and actually believes his guff, or whether he's more cynical than that and deliberately deflecting from his really rather mediocre skills.

If you haven't been exposed to that sort of nonsense for as long as I have I can easily see why it would quickly grate. Plus you might just have seen right through him whereas despite all experiences I'm still as perceptive as your average house brick....🤣

50 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

3 academy graduates in the team today. Another academy player included on the bench.

Rooney isn't an academy graduate since he was signed for the U21 squad and played for the first team shortly after joining. 

I can only assume you're guessing at Radcliffe being an academy graduate, as there aren't any on the bench. Radcliffe joined us in the summer after leaving Burton.

Which leaves Cashin and Thompson. Cashin who had established himself as our best CB even before Warne took charge. Thompson had a very good run in the side in 21/22 at a level above where we are now, yet Warne has been reluctant to ever use him. By his own admission, Warne is only using him now because he feels he has no one else.

However, none of this relates to my concern which relates to bringing academy players into the side, rather than using players already in the first team squad.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Chris hughton had overseen a run of 1 point from 7 games playing some of the most boring football forest fans had seen. It was obvious it had to go. We are not even close to being at that stage with Warne. You are jumping the gun. 

1 hour ago, EssendonRam said:

And yet it rarely is. Imagine if Forest had cut Steve Cooper last season when the more rabid fans were demanding precisely that? Since you’ve mentioned Forest, by my quick count, they had 13 permanent managers in the decade before sacking Hughton. How’d that work for them?

NB: It’s also worth pointing out the difference records between Hughton’s tenure at Forest and Warne’s at Derby. Has Warne been great? I’m not suggesting he has been but it’s a bit bloody early throw out yet another manager.

Both missed the point. It wasn't a direct comparison to Warne (as I've said, I voted give it til Christmas) but a post on the general trend and a high profile example of how a past record of success at one or more clubs isn't really a good reason to persist - a point which one of the above posts actually proves.

19 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

does that include the 2 windows he's had or you mean 2 more ?

I think any managers working with scraps, deserves a chance. Don't you?.  His first Windows have been under severe restrictions.  This one isn't great compared to other teams in and around him. Give him a fighting chance before you pull the trigger. I guess you would change him right now. New manager, new ideas,  new players required to match his style. Isn't this familiar and partly to blame for where we are now? I think so

Edited by BathRam72

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

We'd not have won today if we'd not applied the correct amount of pressure to Warne.

You're welcome everyone.

You laugh but the sneering condescension anyone that has the audacity to criticise Warne gets every time we win misses this point.

Things got better because Warne changed things. Not because we had patience.

My main concern is that Warne is still wedded to his beloved 3 at the back setup, only moves away from it when forced to do so, and just as things start to improve he goes back to it and undoes all the good work.

I don't want Warne sacked, I want stability, but his job is to get us out of L1. If he can't do that we need to find someone that can. Simple as that.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Going to give my pennies worth lol! Ill give him two seasons and see where were at then! Unless we look like we could go down, then id have to pull the trigger or at least look at options! 

Managers need time to build a team! Weve been down the chopping and changing route! Just let him do his job and judge his performance over months, not weeks or after every game! I know this is part of football and everyones entitled to there opinion but ffs! 

Warne wants to build a team in his vision! Sack him, get someone else they will want time to build! Just let the bloke build us up! Hes proven ish! Who else is there? Trust Clowes and trust warne! There will be ups and downs but i dont fancy anyone else to do any better! 

Going down is not an option so unless thats looking likely im happy to let him build for two seasons! If it goes stale end of 24/25 then look at other options but even then i think we'll be in a better position as a team and club from the work hes done!

43 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I think any managers working with scraps, deserves a chance. Don't you?.  His first Windows have been under severe restrictions.  This one isn't great compared to other teams in and around him. Give him a fighting chance before you pull the trigger. I guess you would change him right now. New manager, new ideas,  new players required to match his style. Isn't this familiar and partly to blame for where we are now? I think so

i actually think the players we have now are more suited to a different style of play.

Great result today though and warne has probably bought himself some more time now

1 hour ago, sage said:

I've changed my mind about my poll vote, I need to change me vote of choice 2 by one category.

After hearing Warne clearly not knowing the difference between off and leg side at cricket, he needs to be sacked immediately.

Boooooo Warne Out

He's not bowled me over either.