Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Much better, but still plenty to improve on. The defence was fantastic, Wildsmith looked back to his best and not as nervy, Thompson was brilliant, Waghorn looks a top player at this level and NML on the wing just changes the whole team for us ... he's always an option for the midfield and their left back is terrified to get forward and leave him free. They often doubled up on him leaving space for one of the centre mids which meant we had a bit more control than in previous games.

I'd highlight all the same things you have, with a bit of toning down on the superlatives! But absolutely: defence, Thommo, Waggy, NML-on-the-right-where-he-should-be... well done to all and at least some credit to the manager for those decisions.

Second half performance was poorer than the 1st half, but we hung on in there and 3 points is 3 points.

The two teams we have lost to narrowly are both decent and just for a bit of perspective, if we'd have beaten Oxford in the week we would have been 2nd. 

Early days and still a number of things that need to be improved, but feeling a bit more optimistic now. Although the next 4 league games are tough ones...

Edited by Sheff Ram

I thought we were rubbish. The only reason we won was Fleetwood were worse. If we are relying on teams not performing to win games we are not going anywhere. Did we string more than three passes together in the second half. I need to give my eyes some timeout after watching that for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Rooney Nelson Cashin Fozzie back 4 is our best line up. Thomo Waggy and NML , out right , our best outlets. 

You may be right on all counts but I suspect you won't be seeing that back 4 or any other back 4 any time soon!

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I thought we were rubbish. The only reason we won was Fleetwood were worse. If we are relying on teams not performing to win games we are not going anywhere. Did we string more than three passes together in the second half. I need to give my eyes some timeout after watching that for 90 minutes.

We are in league 1.

Delighted with the win. 

Team still on its arse 70 minutes onwards though, the recruitment from last year and so far this year to blame. 

If we can get some consistency and a couple more additions in then I’m hopeful for top 6. The team will get better with time. Hope we get a midfielder better than Smith in because he’s about as average as they come. 

It was what I hoped for and expected. 1-0 and hopefully a bit more confidence from now on. Fleetwood were terrible but you can only beat what's  in front of you and we really needed to get 3 points so best possible opposition in our current state. 

Thompsons running was so important for us and great to see Sibley back. Think Collins worked hard for the team as well as NML who almost could not even walk in the last minutes of the game.

Midfield does not really work and I think either Smith or Hourihane most be replaced by a more physical player t b h. We lost a little bit to much of the midfield battles early on but that looked better when everybody chipped in at the end of the game.

Waggy! Welcome home son, welcome home. Forsyth should be interim head of recruiting for the rest of the window!

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

First home win of season

First home clean sheet 

What's not to like about that 

A hundred times better than Tuesday night (take your pick from the last two). 

But despite looking much more coherent and less like hoofball merchants the same underlying issues are still there. 

Midfield not the right balance Fleetwood got through quite a few times still. Be a big problem when facing the good sides in this league. 

limited chance creation. 3 shots on target at home and 44% possession against one of the poorer teams in the division. 

A goal that came about from a misplaced shot rather than a well worked move (granted the play before this was quite neat). 

Fleetwood rattled the post and bar and based on chances would arguably feel hard done by leaving with 0 points. 

cracks papered over yet again but like I mentioned other day, I expect us to be flat track bullies and get it done agains these teams, I just can see how we win against better teams… 

switching to 5 at the back and clinging on for the last 15 just didn’t make sense. We have better players, why must we resort to 15 minutes of bodies behind the ball? 

Well you lot have me to thank for that , if I had been in the eaststand then fleetwood would have deffo got a late equaliser, perhaps even snatched a winner and I would have been driving back down the m1 tired and miserable as duck,

far from convincing win but a strange one because we didn’t look much like a team whilst they’re were also some good individual performances, 

1, Thomson , real bright spark mom for me 

2 Nelson had a good game 

3 ,waggy looks a good signing , had a good game again and perhaps our best forward

4 nml caused probs all day with his running , just a bit better final ball or shot and he is golden , PLAY HIM iN THE RIGHT POSITION PLEASE MR WARNE 

on to the next game coyr💪