Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah, felt most of the fans seemed happy and a bit relieved to get a win. Played ok but not amazing.

he seemed to be negative on things, didn’t seem to want to credit the system change. 

he also makes signing a player sound the most complicated process ever, every other club manages it! And a few jokes of sorts thrown in for no real reason.

i've had enough of his boolocks, the Cashin joke was ill judged.

28 minutes ago, jameso said:

Yes to all that except how is it "absurd" that there were fans "who didn't want him (Waggy) back"? It's just opinions and most fans thinking/saying "I'll pass, thanks" surely were of the view that there were better/cheaper/younger/different-style options out there, which is very different to "I do not want Waghorn back at this club" as if it's something personal or he's got absolutely nothing to offer. Whether or not they were right is another issue. Personally I was happy to have Waggy back but more than anything because I was starting to get a stick-or-twist mentality re the market, and thinking we probably weren't on the verge of a better option, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

It was already evident with the players linked at the time that we were scraping the barrel for forwards. The offensive comments made about his ability and the changing of history to describe him as useless for us was ridiculous. We’re a ‘top 6’ league 1 club. He was released by a top 6 champ club. 

7 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah, felt most of the fans seemed happy and a bit relieved to get a win. Played ok but not amazing.

he seemed to be negative on things, didn’t seem to want to credit the system change. 

he also makes signing a player sound the most complicated process ever, every other club manages it! And a few jokes of sorts thrown in for no real reason.

Yes manner just off. As someone said above as if didnt want to say change system/players better. Suggests Big Trav's stories of friction spot on. Finally what were the stupid jokey comments initially about Cash going all about? Bit much when interviewer has to confirm he was being sarcastic after

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't look beyond today getting the first home win of the season under our belts and the first clean sheet at the same time too. 

That'll do me for tonight. Baby steps. 

And I understand that and I’m pleased too but when I spoke before the match to my dad I said to him - the result has to be a win today otherwise it gets beyond toxic in there so ignore the result, what else do we need to see today? We need a confident win which doesn’t look in doubt. We need to look better going forwards and we need to look less shakey at the back and through the centre of the park. I think we looked less shakey at the back but I don’t think we can say that the other two things happened. 

I just want more than a step up from ‘stopping the rot’ so to speak at this level with the budget we have and the quality we have. 

23 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Totally agree.

Didn't completely agree with his assessment of the game either but tbh it was more his tone which I thought was rather odd.

Can't quite put my finger on it - but his overall mood seemed strangely out of context with the game and not in keeping with how the situation is in general. Just kinda weird.

I imagine he realises most of the Derby fans unconditional love for him has gone.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

It was already evident with the players linked at the time that we were scraping the barrel for forwards. The offensive comments made about his ability and the changing of history to describe him as useless for us was ridiculous. We’re a ‘top 6’ league 1 club. He was released by a top 6 champ club. 

OK, so now you are being more specific about things other posters wrote, which suggests it was those particular views that you found "absurd" and not just the opinion that we shouldn't sign up Waggy this time around (which is what you wrote and what I was responding to).

Where comments about his ability or record for us were actually made, I agree with you on that particular argument (in fact I remember posting his stats for us in response to one such comment) - but even then that's only my opinion and yours. For some of us, it would seem like rewriting history to say he wasn't good enough the first time round, but for others, that could be how they felt the whole time he was here.

Your word choice is really the belittling of an opinion you don't agree with. To say you can't understand it is one thing (and true). To say other people's views are "absurd" goes quite a lot further than that.

19 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Complicated in what way? You could certainly feel his frustration at our failure to recruit in the last couple of weeks.

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Bit much when interviewer has to confirm he was being sarcastic after

Probably for the benefit of the few who quite gladly would use him saying "it was his last game" as yet another stick with which to beat him - they don't need much of an excuse. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Complicated in what way? You could certainly feel his frustration at our failure to recruit in the last couple of weeks.

He just seems to constantly be talking about how difficult it is to sign players. Has this phrase “through the door” which seems to get rolled out often and then doesn’t materialise.

weird interview, I enjoyed today mostly. Warne seemed to almost be looking for problems. Agree with him though that this isn’t a top three team. But it’s one he’s had for two windows and fifty games now. I understand is not as simple as that, restrictions etc.

I thought that Thompson's mobility and the lack of Bradley's immobility made a big difference today. We were a little bit quicker in everything we did, which made us more effective. 

I think that victory actually shows that Warne will see out this season. We can still beat the poorer sides in the division, so we'll finish in the top half. Worst case for Warne now is that he'll effectively become a caretaker manager to see us past the business plan restrictions. 

Whether he'll be more than that is going to depend on the signings he makes in this window. Four top quality players could, if used correctly, make us a top 6 side. No signings, the wrong signings or a failure to get the best from them and Warne will be back at Rotherham next season.

Edited by CornwallRam

21 minutes ago, jameso said:

OK, so now you are being more specific about things other posters wrote, which suggests it was those particular views that you found "absurd" and not just the opinion that we shouldn't sign up Waggy this time around (which is what you wrote and what I was responding to).

Where comments about his ability or record for us were actually made, I agree with you on that particular argument (in fact I remember posting his stats for us in response to one such comment) - but even then that's only my opinion and yours. For some of us, it would seem like rewriting history to say he wasn't good enough the first time round, but for others, that could be how they felt the whole time he was here.

Your word choice is really the belittling of an opinion you don't agree with. To say you can't understand it is one thing (and true). To say other people's views are "absurd" goes quite a lot further than that.

Fair enough behind the language is the genuine belief that the reasons given for not signing him (not good enough before, too old, won’t score) were absurd to me…