Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

Warne said in his interview he okayed an overload system. I saw it as Fozzy being pushed up to draw the midfielders and defence across which left more space for NML with Rooney providing the cover behind. 

I felt the subs were psychological as much as Physical. All the defenders including Sonny and Elder finished In a winning team, keeping a clean sheet which will give them all a confidence boost they sorely needed 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Warne said in his interview he okayed an overload system. I saw it as Fozzy being pushed up to draw the midfielders and defence across which left more space for NML with Rooney providing the cover behind. 

I felt the subs were psychological as much as Physical. All the defenders including Sonny and Elder finished In a winning team, keeping a clean sheet which will give them all a confidence boost they sorely needed 

Rooney was cramping up. Tommo was blowing out of his harris as was Wash and Waggy.  

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

When we are hanging on in there against a relegation side in Fleetwood, it’s worrying.

It was better for sure but we must go for the second goal more convincingly.

Im still in the Warne out camp sadly.

Hang on. We did have two poor games where we looked inferior but let’s just remember we probably have the smallest squad in the league have played 3 games in a week and had 3 of our youngest legs crocked in one game. 

First half excellent. Second half nervous. Gave the ball away too much but in general moved but the ball faster and looked more threatening all over the pitch. If NML could make better decisions we’d have walked that. At 1-0 they had something to fight for. Dodgy decisions and bookings went against us, could have had a pen.

NML and Rooney worked brilliantly together with Hourihan and Smith adding the 3rd corner to a great triangle on the right 

Rooney absolute standout for me. Has to be in the team. He’s a real footballer. Grown up composure that many in the team could learn from. 
Tommo did well but needs to pass the ball sooner. Waggy looks real class at this level. More to come from Washington as he gets fitter. Fozzy ? Maestro. Wildsmith - game saver. Nelson, there’s always an error in him but he bossed their No9. Hourihan worked his bits off. Cash was Cash but still needs his top form back. Hope he stays but best of luck if he doesn’t. 

I'm all for piling on defenders at the end. 1 win in 9 or 10 at home I think? Stop the rot, gain some confidence. It didn't look like we had enough in the gas at the end to kill the game off with a 2nd goal unfortunately. In desperate need of pace in the side, but Warne knows this, trust the process.

Any potential signings watching in the crowd are more likely to come after a win, regardless of how ugly it was. If we dropped points, crowd could have got toxic like the last few games and they would think we're a ****show.

Edited by SouthDerbysRam

1 minute ago, sage said:

Rooney was cramping up. Tommo was blowing out of his harris as was Wash and Waggy.  

I think that's why we're crying out for a midfield player who is capable of controlling the tempo of our game. We are far too frenetic when in possession so it's no wonder, in nearly every game, we have players, particularly those upfront and wide, who are running out of gas around the 70 minute mark.

After all the emphasis on PW and his fitness regimes etc I find it weird that our players- more so than any of the opposition ones faced thus far - seem so knackered and out on their feet for the last 20 mins or so. 
I don’t see us pressing anywhere near as much as last season as a team ( one or two individuals do) and yet we seem more unfit than other teams. Strange….

Better but not convincing. First half was probably the best we’ve played so far this season (not that the bar is set high) whereas second half we looked absolutely gassed from 60 mins onwards. Hourihane and Smith desperately need some help in the middle with Hourihane especially putting one hell of a shift in. 
Speaks volumes that Fleetwood were able to make subs to influence the game whilst we had our hands tied and could only put square pegs in round holes. The big lad Omochere they brought on upfront was a handful, only 22 and signed from Bohemians a couple of seasons ago, do we not have the ability to pick players up of a similar ilk? Not saying he’s going to go onto be a world beater but I doubt he was expensive (fee or wages) and he certainly added something when he came on. Same with Quitirna who they also brought on and was signed from Waterford. Agree with @Thierry Ennui that Earl looked like a very good player, thought he was very accomplished when he push forwards too. 

Anyway 3 points is 3 points. Onto the next one, hopefully with some new additions to choose from.