Michael Smith

DCFC1388

We had all this when we tried to sign Marvin Johnson on loan from them in the summer. Even though he wasn't their 25 man squad, they still wouldn't budge.

We either pay them or move on and stop wasting our time.

9 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

You’d think it would be in Wednesday’s best interest to help us get promoted so they don’t have to play us in League One next season tbh

Why? We're probably their most lucrative fixture of the season. As we are for most clubs.

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Tight boogers in Yaaarkshire. 

Just throw in some money off vouchers at Iceland and they’ll cave.

Smiffy is a ram.

Well now they know we have 300k less in our loan budget.  Maybe that will change their mind particularly if we are the only ones willing to pick up his salary for the rest of the season

This is like a game of chess, as the end of the window approaches we think they will cave and let him go at the lower offer to get some of his wages off their books, but they will be sat there thinking we really want him and as deadline day approaches and there is no viable plan B we will become desperate to get it over the line rather than end up in the same situation as last year of not strengthening sufficiently to maintain the promotion push....

I really can't think of other options (that wouldn't be too dissimilar to Collins as we are set up to play a certain way and unlikely to change drastically at this point in the season) other than Ladapo who is no longer available and Clarke-Harris but that would have to be a permanent and he's already priced himself out of a move to Charlton 

14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Dejphon Chansiri, Alex Turner, Sid James, Walkley Owl, Carlton Palmer, Conehead John.  Stick the deal up yer arse. Looking forward to playing in a league one higher than you next season. Michael Smith will be useful to you in League 1.

What a carry on!

Move on

Edited by oldtimeram
Typo

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

This is like a game of chess, as the end of the window approaches we think they will cave and let him go at the lower offer to get some of his wages off their books, but they will be sat there thinking we really want him and as deadline day approaches and there is no viable plan B we will become desperate to get it over the line rather than end up in the same situation as last year of not strengthening sufficiently to maintain the promotion push....

I really can't think of other options (that wouldn't be too dissimilar to Collins as we are set up to play a certain way and unlikely to change drastically at this point in the season) other than Ladapo who is no longer available and Clarke-Harris but that would have to be a permanent and he's already priced himself out of a move to Charlton 

It is a worry if Collins gets injured. When is Waghorn back to give us another option to TJJ?

Interestingly, I was reading an article about our move for Smith and it mentioned that Waggy was out with a ‘ruptured ACL’ 😳 That sounds pretty serious and long term. I thought the Club had said it was a calf injury. 🤷

Of course the article could be well off the mark…. 
Have we heard anything from the Club along these lines ??

No matter what the situation the one-year deal he signed has pretty much turned out to be a bit of a financial disaster…

24 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Interestingly, I was reading an article about our move for Smith and it mentioned that Waggy was out with a ‘ruptured ACL’ 😳 That sounds pretty serious and long term. I thought the Club had said it was a calf injury. 🤷

No matter what the situation the one-year deal he signed has pretty much turned out to be a bit of a financial disaster…

Started off very well…

36 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

We’d theoretically be at least 6 points worse off without his contribution so far (away at Posh, at home to Fleetwood). Those 6 points could be huge by the end of the season and there’s still time for him to contribute further…

As for his injury, this article from yesterday says;

“The striker has been nursing a calf injury and had been due to return earlier this month. But he has suffered a setback during rehab. Warne says it now likely the forward misses the next two weeks and the striker is not anticipated to return until next month.”

42 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

From Official site, yesterday: "Striker Martyn Waghorn (calf) suffered a slight setback in his rehabilitation programme a couple of weeks ago and he is now working his way back to fitness."

17 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Dejphon Chansiri, Alex Turner, Sid James, Walkley Owl, Carlton Palmer, Conehead John.  Stick the deal up yer arse. Looking forward to playing in a league one higher than you next season. Michael Smith will be useful to you in League 1.

Bloody hell...I had breakfast there once now I'm tarred 

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Dom Dietrich asked Warne if he’d go back in for the striker he’s bid for, he said we can’t change the bid so it’ll be a case of exploring other options. Sounds like we aren’t gonna fold to the Wendies demands.

The wage contribution is probably the maximum the EFL will allow us to pay. We’ve also lost some bargaining power now TJJ will be out. Desperation time! 

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Dom Dietrich asked Warne if he’d go back in for the striker he’s bid for, he said we can’t change the bid so it’ll be a case of exploring other options. Sounds like we aren’t gonna fold to the Wendies demands.

Also suggests there is very little to play with and a loan is our only real option.