Michael Smith

DCFC1388

As an Owls fan, one who used to watch Derby a bit too, I hope this gets settled pronto.

Smudge hit 20 for Wednesday last season, and was instrumental in Rotherham's promotion the year before, but he's totally wrong for Roehl's style. The only way he plays is if everyone else is injured.

Chansiri isn't only thick, he's also stubborn. Even if Derby increase what they're offering, it isn't going to make any difference to the money needed for the level of recruitment Wednesday need.

It's posturing, as was the threat to withhold funds and the threat of an embargo when he tried to tap the fans up.

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

As an Owls fan, one who used to watch Derby a bit too, I hope this gets settled pronto.

Smudge hit 20 for Wednesday last season, and was instrumental in Rotherham's promotion the year before, but he's totally wrong for Roehl's style. The only way he plays is if everyone else is injured.

Chansiri isn't only thick, he's also stubborn. Even if Derby increase what they're offering, it isn't going to make any difference to the money needed for the level of recruitment Wednesday need.

It's posturing, as was the threat to withhold funds and the threat of an embargo when he tried to tap the fans up.

As a player I'd want to be playing.  As a player who's had a reasonable career and is probably on a decent contract with a sizeable promotion bonus 8 months ago I'd probably take a wage from Derby who have gone as far as they can by the sound of it, and a bit less from Sheff Wednesday for 5 months to get the deal sorted.  Thereby making up the difference in figures.  With footballers it always seems very much all or nothing.  Who knows, he might get another promotion bonus and and a staying up bonus all in one go.  

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Thanks for your comments. I think some of your fans think we can simply increase our offer, but it's pretty clear that the EFL still have one foot on our throats, so that isn't going to happen.

11 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem with owners with ego's is, it very rarely ends well. We know first hand through a certain bald headed t*wt

Its simple leave smith and target different attackers! Warne does it every window then we stuggle to find the type of player hes looking for! Then we will end up signing someone because he will panic! Shouldnt of le5 brown go until we got some in if collins gets injuried we are f***ed another bit of bad management 

27 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Its simple leave smith and target different attackers! Warne does it every window then we stuggle to find the type of player hes looking for! Then we will end up signing someone because he will panic! Shouldnt of le5 brown go until we got some in if collins gets injuried we are f***ed another bit of bad management 

We will get some 18 year old with a worse goal scoring record than Brown in on loan from Tottenham on deadline day.

You could argue that with TJJ injured, we need 2 strikers now. I too am annoyed that we seem to have wasted time on Smith and perhaps missed out on Ladapo, but you can understand why he was worth trying for. 

Let's hope there's a game ready loan option who either adds more height, pace or creative x factor.  Stressful but intriguing situation.

It begs the question, knowing Warne's admiration of Ladapo, who surely would have been the first choice loan incoming of our management, how come Charlton got him, considering he was a second thought after Clarke-Harris had turned them down? Something does not add up with this recruiting team of ours. 

4 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

It begs the question, knowing Warne's admiration of Ladapo, who surely would have been the first choice loan incoming of our management, how come Charlton got him, considering he was a second thought after Clarke-Harris had turned them down? Something does not add up with this recruiting team of ours. 

Why would a recruitment team be needed for Ladapo, Warne could just WhatsApp him couldn't he.

26 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Devil's advocate: If Ladapo was a backup choice for midtable Charlton, doesn't that imply he may not be good enough to improve our first XI? Just to add to this, he was never first choice for Ipswich last season either, though did very well off the bench.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Devil's advocate: If Ladapo was a backup choice for midtable Charlton, doesn't that imply he may not be good enough to improve our first XI? Just to add to this, he was never first choice for Ipswich last season either, though did very well off the bench.

We shall very soon find out, especially considering three of the four striker choices are sitting on the treatment table and the next best off playing non-league. Ladapo must be absolute pants. We missed out on Jordan Rhodes and Freddie Ladapo, both Warne-type strikers, and Michael Smith is too expensive, if MackworthRammIsGod's prophecy comes true, then we might as well hand over the recruitment reigns to Peartree Intant's School and save a few bob.

Edited by Macintosh

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Can’t Brown be recalled if necessary (e.g. an injury to Collins)? If that’s true and is your only argument then it’s not bad management as it allows Brown to get much needed first team games under his belt but be recalled, match fit (unless of course he picks up an injury).

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Not when the first choice was Clarke-Harris !

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Can’t Brown be recalled if necessary (e.g. an injury to Collins)? If that’s true and is your only argument then it’s not bad management as it allows Brown to get much needed first team games under his belt but be recalled, match fit (unless of course he picks up an injury).

I’m not sure I’d call that good management either going into the last few days of window where we might have to get back  an 18year old striker who rarely plays because  we only have 1 fit striker 

how about our recruitment team explore other avenues …just in case we are down to 1 fit striker …eg like we are now 

im talking about players maybe on loan like other L1 and L2 clubs manage to do 

I’d say Taylor the lad who couldn’t finish against us for Lincoln and Hugill from United or players of similar ilk would be better then let Brown get much needed experience in conference 

As a management team we never seem to foresee any pitfalls in our supposed plan and from a fans pov appears like we are clutching at straws have a plan and a back up plan and a back up plan to that ….its called good management 

Smith is a no go so go and get someone else there are plenty of good players out there we just don’t see them …good job Nyambe was recommended by BJ it wasn’t our recruitment / scouting team 

I have been at the Peterborough academy quite a few times when my son was playing against them and spoken many times with Peterborough scouts I can tell you now considering it’s a tin pot place and not great facilities at all they still manage to scout and churn out and find players and most go on to earn them money 

I don’t know what or how we scout players but i believe our facilities and stature would make us a very attractive proposition to a good young player 

They seem to be able to get players quickly from lower level to first team and it keeps them ticking along financially 

we are yet to see the fruits of labour from the bloke from Oxford but let’s hope he can walk the walk because  it would help massively 

3 hours ago, Macintosh said:

Maybe Ladapo knew the type of football Warne likes to play and maybe he didn’t want to be exposed to that again - who knows