Michael Smith

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, dantheram said:

We did the right thing here, If, IF, we go up he’ll likely join, Wednesday will almost certainly be in league 1 again and find the position much weaker. 

Still a concern that we never entertain signing younger talent. I’m hoping we’re going to do that from day 1, when back in the championship. 

Why would we want him in the Championship?

1 hour ago, dantheram said:

We did the right thing here, If, IF, we go up he’ll likely join, Wednesday will almost certainly be in league 1 again and find the position much weaker. 

Still a concern that we never entertain signing younger talent. I’m hoping we’re going to do that from day 1, when back in the championship. 

We can't afford to right now. Any youngsters we get are going to have to be rough diamonds. We can't go and get those who are pretty much guaranteed to step up and straight into our team. 

Our wheel park for youngsters is more of the Irish or lower non-League, not league players.

A striker in his later years is the only other cost available player and I presumably like Warne have a lot more faith in that than throwing in untested youths. 

That said Weston, Brown and our own lads are something we should be pushing as they're probably as good or better than other potential youngsters. 

2 hours ago, dantheram said:

TJJ is the young talent we gambled on . Might still sign when out of contract in the summer if he is fit and has a good pre season ?