Michael Smith

DCFC1388

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe Ladapo knew the type of football Warne likes to play and maybe he didn’t want to be exposed to that again - who knows 

Maybe he knows players at Derby and they told him the fans often behave like spoilt babies, even when in the hunt for automatic places - who knows?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Can’t Brown be recalled if necessary (e.g. an injury to Collins)? If that’s true and is your only argument then it’s not bad management as it allows Brown to get much needed first team games under his belt but be recalled, match fit (unless of course he picks up an injury).

28 days which a minium of 4 games, without a striker is alot 

40 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No real change, they say he can’t leave unless we up the offer, we say we won’t or can’t increase it. As others have said, time to move on, they want to saddle themselves with an unhappy player on huge wages it’s their issue.

absolutely fabulous GIF Do one Wendies

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No real change, they say he can’t leave unless we up the offer, we say we won’t or can’t increase it. As others have said, time to move on, they want to saddle themselves with an unhappy player on huge wages it’s their issue.

I reckon they know he’s leaving they’re just trying to push the price up or get us to commit to a purchase at the end of the season 

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

I have been at the Peterborough academy quite a few times when my son was playing against them and spoken many times with Peterborough scouts I can tell you now considering it’s a tin pot place and not great facilities at all they still manage to scout and churn out and find players and most go on to earn them money 

I don’t know what or how we scout players but i believe our facilities and stature would make us a very attractive proposition to a good young player 

They seem to be able to get players quickly from lower level to first team and it keeps them ticking along financially 

we are yet to see the fruits of labour from the bloke from Oxford but let’s hope he can walk the walk because  it would help massively 

This is no dig at them but their owner is happy for them to be punching at the top of league one/around the play offs with the idea that they sell on and reinvest. Our club wouldn’t be happy with that which is probably why they’re able to cherry pick these non league lads, play them regularly so they’re up to speed. Fall short of promotion but then sell the gem for a good whack. 

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I think it would be very worthwhile to get Mark Thomas on one of the Derby podcasts, to give fans an insight into his day to day role and details of where they are scouting for players in both the U.K. and abroad. Over to you @SteveBloomersWatching or @Owen87ITK ???

Indeed. All we seem interested in are players PW has had before or others where it’s common knowledge they are available . 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I think it would be very worthwhile to get Mark Thomas on one of the Derby podcasts, to give fans an insight into his day to day role and details of where they are scouting for players in both the U.K. and abroad. Over to you @SteveBloomersWatching or @Owen87ITK ???

I think this would help.

Mark Thomas gets a bit of flack, but if he is presenting Paul with potential signings and he refused them, what can he do?

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think this would help.

Mark Thomas gets a bit of flack, but if he is presenting Paul with potential signings and he refused them, what can he do?

I don't think that he's going to go on a podcast and say that he had presented a list with x, y and z on it but Paul Warne said "nah, I think I'll sign so and so instead because he's available and played for me once ".

I'm not even bothered about signing this guy anyway, just a clogger that was at Rovrum when we used to batter them in my mind. Remember Warne's side coming to PP and losing 6-1 with Smith on bench.

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I'm not even bothered about signing this guy anyway, just a clogger that was at Rovrum when we used to batter them in my mind. Remember Warne's side coming to PP and losing 6-1 with Smith on bench.

He’s got a good scoring record in League 1 and we are short of numbers up top.

7 hours ago, richinspain said:

I don't think that he's going to go on a podcast and say that he had presented a list with x, y and z on it but Paul Warne said "nah, I think I'll sign so and so instead because he's available and played for me once ".

No, no, it won't be like that. He'll say presented Paul Warne with all these great players over the Summer, but they all refused to join because they didn't like Warne/knew his style of football was not attractive enough/took everything he said in press conferences literally.

Maybe they could get Wildsmith on too and ask him why he was dropped?

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I get that but it's hardly like Collins is dining out on quality service is it?

Check out some of the matchday threads on here - plenty of people think that a more astute striker than JC would do more with the service he's had because his instinct for being in the right place isn't one of his strengths. 

As a back-up and substitute option, I'd be happy to have Smith here for the run-in.