Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sheffield United fans adore him though, no? Like you, I don't know him personally, but I feel like he's someone who you'd love if he was on your side and hate if he wasn't. Us against the world type of mentality. 

When he has an altercation with a pensioner by a bus and has to restrained by teammates, it's probably best he gets work elsewhere.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

None starter guys no way he will come here to much hateage  for that to happen we hate him and he hates us.

‘Hate’……. Can anyone say that about an individual they know nothing about B4 really? I doubt for a moment you do ‘hate’ the man. He’s a professional footballer who has done his utmost for his club Sheffield United. They are his employer. There’s a great deal in the press that is utter nonsense too.

I can’t see it happening but if it did I’d wish him well in our colours of course, as any Ram should. Sadly every club has an element of vile support who see fit to resort to chants that put me off any game. I’ve heard some over the years and you do hear on the terraces or travelling to /from games that is sickening. Today’s society sadly. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

When he has an altercation with a pensioner by a bus and has to restrained by teammates, it's probably best he gets work elsewhere.

I keep hearing this get mentioned. What happened?

7 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

he'd be a good signing in league one. Anyone saying hes passed it also said that about mcgoldrick whos as quick as a canal boat... 

Personally i think he'd be mint but he wont sign cause of our disgusting fans chanting about him losing his baby. 

McGoldrick’s game last season wasn’t based on athleticism, speed and energy though was it? I think Sharp’s game is a little more so. I’m sure wherever Sharp ends up he’ll have a few good games and make an impact but probably more of a bit part and not with the same effect as Didzy achieved.

I have nothing against him (you try receiving the level of abuse he received without reacting) and I wish him well (provided he doesn’t perform well against us or help one of our rivals for what we all hope will be a promotion challenging season). But I do think he probably is a tad too old now to make the type of contribution we need on a reasonably regular basis.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

None starter guys no way he will come here to much hateage  for that to happen we hate him and he hates us.

I don’t even dislike him. I’m pretty placid (cowardly perhaps?) but given that awful provocation I would have either gone into the crowd with fists blazing or at the very least stopped the game until the culprits were arrested.

I remember being at an away game many years ago at Bramall Lane. There's a group of lads absolutely drunk out of their minds. They were trying to work out which one was "the fat sex offender", as it was during the time of Ched Evans' case.

They settled on Billy Sharp, got all rallied up about him and any completely untrue allegations they literally made up on the spot. The song was started off, the other drunks in the stand joined in, the song since stuck.

There's no wonder why he's said what he's said about us. 

I have no problem with him whatsoever. We met him at a footy tournament in Aug 2021, just before we played them in the League Cup, my lad was 8 at the time and had a Rams top on. Despite being there to watch his son play he took a good few minutes to talk to my lad, have a photo and sign an autograph for him. My lads team beat them in the semis and he even walked over after the game and congratulated him. He didn't have to but he did. That says enough for me. 

I have said in a different thread that some of our fans are first class morons, witnessed first hand at Matlock. Total embarrassments. But every club has them.

As with all players, if he signs I will back him 100%.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As important, his goal-scoring record isn't very good recently and he's how old? What's his fitness like too.

Big no thanks, it's not like he's a magician like Didzy either.

Edit.

That’s the bits that stick out for me Roy. Discounting all the off the field baggage people have highlighted, is 37 year old Billy Sharp the player we need? He doesn’t have the grace and poise of McGoldrick, very few options do so I can accept we may not get a like for like replacement. Which then means you look at his other attributes, does he have pace? Not any more. Hold up play? Not really what he’s known for. Height? Nope. 
What would he offer? A bit of fight and character up top, maybe movement in the box and finishing? There are surely other options younger than him we could take a chance on. Test Wigan’s resolve for Will Keane, bid for Nombe, take a chance on Bonis, Sam Smith on a free, a champ or prem youngster? 

Would support him if he did sign, I just don’t see the value in signing Billy Sharp if there were any truth to it. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Pinched from Coventry Live.

Dated yesterday.

Coventry City 'hope to complete' transfer of Sheffield United legend.

Coventry will hope to win the race after coming so close to promotion last season, but Rotherham's proximity to Sheffield could sway his decision. Derby could swoop if the player is willing to drop into League One, but he has already publicly spoken about his disdain for the Rams.

"I wish I could play against them every week," he told SUTV after scoring a 90th minute winner against Derby two years ago?

"I think their fans were disrespectful to me today. I don't mind stick but if they're going to give me that all game, they deserve that back.

"I'm delighted I scored against them because I don't like them."

Nixon adds that Derby are interested in signing Coventry striker Matty Godden if the Sky Blues get Sharp. 

One last Championship payday for a 37 year old…………….he won’t be coming here.