Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

6 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

This is league One. We need to be realistic who we can bring in. No-one would scoff at McGoldrick playing up top for us if he signed another contract.

I'd take him back tomorrow.  Washington can carry him when he's finished his shift in Blackpool.  Sharp can carry his bags and shout at random pedestrians for no reason. 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

As a person I thought he was outwardly annoying but underneath probably a decent-ish bloke.

As a player he was a waste of money.  Charged around playing to the crowd without ever putting a tackle in or remotely achieving anything. 

Redeemed himself in some people's eyes by being mediocre (at best) for even longer on the pitch for the same amount of money.

I know he was very well thought of at the Childrens ward at the hospital. Always went way above the turning up and having a photo bit at Christmas and continued doing stuff after he'd left.  Don't know if he still does.

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Washington and Sharp may be a good partnership. Washington with legs doing the pressing and streching the play, Sharp making sure he is in the right place at the right time to put the ball away. 

Collo would be able to play with either.

Never thought I would be saying this but if we are considering sharp ( don’t think we are) then I would take Chris Martin back before him 

29 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I think He'll join Reading , especially with there restrictions 

Its exactly what I thought last night.

Reading are in a mess and have continuously broke FFP regs, but I'm sure the EFL will let them carry on signing players, just like they were allowed to sign Andy Carroll et al, when they were under an embargo.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

As a player he was a waste of money.  Charged around playing to the crowd without ever putting a tackle in or remotely achieving anything. 

He was one of the only players I saw successfully man-mark Taarabt in his Championship season, so this isn't quite true. Think it was a 0-0 draw and he played as a makeshift RB if memory serves, and he was absolutely brilliant. Taarabt kicked a water bottle when he went off as he was so frustrated. Think that's my all-time favourite Savage moment for us. 

I only found this clip years later of him the week before this match, which adds to its legendary quality in my mind 😂

18 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I reckon PW has fed the papers a rumour about Billy Sharp to keep us all chuntering while he’s away.

He’ll come back and sign someone far more exciting.

I hope your right we need some pace not a 37 year old

We aint signing billy sharp.

this is a rediculous thread. Firstly and most importantly hes literally the very opposite that PW is after. He cant press like warne wants to and if one part of the press fails chances are it all fails and ur committed with players high up the pitch and out of position and we’re left exposed (its bad enough we have collins … in that resepct) 

forget the fact theres no love loss between a small minority and billy himself

aint happening ITK 😉 

edit: im also posting this to be slightly mischievous just to get @Nuwtfly excited that theres been a developement 😂😂😂😂

sorry bud, couldnt resist 😉😜😂

Edited by NottsRam77

On 14/07/2023 at 07:49, CodnorRam said:

Its weird people saying they didnt like robbie savage. Thats when i started supporting derby and he was one of my favourite players along with kris commons . loved the scarf celebration 

I was devastated when we signed him, and listening to talk on the radio about how he gave up in our 11 point season made me dislike him even more.