Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Billy Sharp is actually a really decent bloke as someone who has had personal dealings with him.

I can’t believe people are annoyed at him for not taking being called a sex offender in good spirits. 

How old were you at the time of these 'dealings '......?

Seriously, totally agree. Not surprising he's annoyed.  Just don't think he's what we need to. If he comes  ....he's alright by me.

I advocated signing him when we were promoted under wee Billy, because he had been so amazing for Scunny who I always keep half an eye on. And that would have been the perfect time to bring him to the club. I'm disappointed he doesn't seem to remember when Rams fans have been sincere in our kindness to him - he genuinely just seems determined to hate us. Which makes me think this is a fools errand.

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

The problem I have with him signing for is, is whether he would actually give a crap after signing the contract. I doubt it 

I wouldn’t know about that, as I don’t know the bloke, and neither can I see into the future. 
Personally I’d feel honour bound to at least give him the benefit of the doubt, and see how things develop. I have however, been known to have been gullible in the past. “Too trusting”, some might say!

Having said that, I think this whole topic will be moot, as I don’t see him coming here anyway… for whatever reason(s).
🍻

Given the article comes from the DET and simply glues together three or four random facts with notihng more than bored journalism I'd say we're more likely to see a front two of Lord Lucan and that bloke out of the Manic Street Preachers who jumped of a bridge.

I don’t know Billy Sharp personally but given that Warne often talks about assembling a tight-knit squad with an emphasis on finding the right personalities that fit in with the club’s ethos and ambitions, I’d be very surprised if he was even on the radar. 

1 hour ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

I don’t know Billy Sharp personally but given that Warne often talks about assembling a tight-knit squad with an emphasis on finding the right personalities that fit in with the club’s ethos and ambitions, I’d be very surprised if he was even on the radar. 

Sheffield United fans adore him though, no? Like you, I don't know him personally, but I feel like he's someone who you'd love if he was on your side and hate if he wasn't. Us against the world type of mentality.