Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

To be fair would you want your prob last contract to be at Rotherham - sorry nothing against Rotherham but surely the getting derby promoted, or proving those lovely derby fans wrong, or being besties with ryan reynolds, or helping poor beleaguered whoever back are more appealing narratives? If he comes to us he will so want to rub it in the faces of those who hate him - what motivation to score/assist and celebrate! I hope

I have no problem with Sharp the character. I’m not inviting him or any other Derby player to tea anytime soon.

My issue is the risk he’ll only be able to play a few games before he breaks down.

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

To be fair would you want your prob last contract to be at Rotherham - sorry nothing against Rotherham but surely the getting derby promoted, or proving those lovely derby fans wrong, or being besties with ryan reynolds, or helping poor beleaguered whoever back are more appealing narratives? If he comes to us he will so want to rub it in the faces of those who hate him - what motivation to score/assist and celebrate! I hope

Even if it means he cups his ears in a Southerly direction every week, I'm all for it!
We can put it all down to bantz, when we lift that L1 trophy!  🐏

Some weird comments on here apropos not wanting Sharp at the club because of previous history blah blah.

Like we are in a luxurious position to be able to pick and choose what strikers we are able to bring into the club to then turn down potential candidates willy nilly.

I heard that both Kane's and Mbappe's potential moves are both being held up as both players are sitting by the phone waiting for Warne to make contact with them.

I think that it would take a much bigger gesture from Billy Sharpe to join us, than the gesture from the Rams fans to accept him. We started this 'war' with him and whilst I accept that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, if he is willing to let bygones be bygones then I certainly am too if it results in us gaining promotion on the back of his goals.

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Some weird comments on here apropos not wanting Sharp at the club because of previous history blah blah.

Like we are in a luxurious position to be able to pick and choose what strikers we are able to bring into the club to then turn down potential candidates willy nilly.

I heard that both Kane's and Mbappe's potential moves are both being held up as both players are sitting by the phone waiting for Warne to make contact with them.

How about the fact that he's elderly and well past his best?

Hope we sign Sharpe. He's a proven goal scorer and we need one. He was subjected to moronic, mindless and completely groundless abuse by some of our so called fans so he gave a bit back. Good for him. The fact that he's a professional footballer doesn't mean he should have to put up with any of that. The historical animosity is entirely the fault of Derby fans - can't see that Sharpe has done anything wrong at all.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I hope we don’t sign him, regardless of who he is as a person and the history. He’s 37 for crying out loud. He’s the opposite of what this team needs. 

Plus, it’ll be painful reading people put an ‘e’ on the end of Sharp all season. 

I'm with you there - given a choice of the two, I'd sooner have Michael Smythe

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember saying we would be linked with Sharp, will spend all summer chasing him, we will be waiting on a decision and he will turn us down last minute.

Mark Thomas must be good at making coffee, because God only knows why we got him.

You haven’t half got boring lately same post multiple times 

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember saying we would be linked with Sharp, will spend all summer chasing him, we will be waiting on a decision and he will turn us down last minute.

Mark Thomas must be good at making coffee, because God only knows why we got him.

Sharp, Rhodes, Godden it makes you wonder if we are aiming 'too high'? Should we be settling for less until/if we get outta this league?