Pre season training

bucktwo

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Its well worth clicking the link for the full interview.

Nice to hear him appreciate his role at the club, his future ambitions and how the team bonding is going out in Spain - I know that PW has his doubters but I really do think we are building something here.

COYR

Brilliant interview 

21 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Nice to hear him appreciate his role at the club, his future ambitions and how the team bonding is going out in Spain - I know that PW has his doubters but I really do think we are building something here.

COYR

Now that is an interview. There will be many bumps on the road, we could get beat 5.0 opening day, but long term, the green shoots for this club are growing from within. The fans have always been committed to the club, seems like the players, coaches and ownership are feeding from that, skillfully lead by Warne.

25 minutes ago, maxjam said:

COYR

Absolutely top bloke, fascinating insight and great to hear how his coaching ambitions are helping the academy young keepers too.

Similarly makes me think of Scott Carson, ridiculed for taking the money at Man City but there’s a reason these older pros are good to have around.

27 minutes ago, maxjam said:

COYR

Love that. Talking up Conor (Hourihane)’s leadership, Nelson and Bradley already setting standards and being leaders in the group, Birdy too. Sounds like the whole group are working their nuts off, holding one another to high standards, and bonding through the process of this week. 👏 

29 minutes ago, maxjam said:

COYR

Absolutely love Loachy. Reliable when he’s been called upon last year and I don’t think his role across the club can be underestimated, in the same way Stears was so valuable off the pitch last year. I for one am glad we’ve retained him and I doubt his deal is having a significant impact on PWs overall budget. Seems a bloody nice lad as well.

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Richie Barkers new interview,

- Joe Ward stayed at Moor Farm for a personal issue, then felt a tweak in his groin so has trained with u21s won’t be going to Spain.

- Barkhuizen hasn’t started running yet so won’t be joining the squad in Spain either, they hope he can train again next week.

- Washington has been out doing some ball work, so he’s getting closer.

- Sibley and Elder have missed a few sessions with knocks so they’re not at full fitness just yet.

- NML is linking up with the squad today.

Not quite a full squad, but a treatment room that's bursting at the seams.....

It's the Derby (& Joan) way....🤣

Just watched Loach's interview, comes across as a top bloke. Im also lovinf the sound of Warne seems to be building.

Im hoping the lads who havent travelled (Ward, NML, Barkz & Washington) have been able to interact & be a part of these evening talks, even on something like Teams, just so they're not missing out on it and feel a part of it all

14 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Richie Barkers new interview,

- Joe Ward stayed at Moor Farm for a personal issue, then felt a tweak in his groin so has trained with u21s won’t be going to Spain.

- Barkhuizen hasn’t started running yet so won’t be joining the squad in Spain either, they hope he can train again next week.

- Washington has been out doing some ball work, so he’s getting closer.

- Sibley and Elder have missed a few sessions with knocks so they’re not at full fitness just yet.

- NML is linking up with the squad today.

Barkhuizen ‘hasn’t started running yet’, sounds very much like ‘he has downed tools’. Must have torn a muscle doing all that holiday sightseeing I guess. 

He will be signing up with one of our northern L1 rivals rather soon I would wager.  

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Barkhuizen ‘hasn’t started running yet’, sounds very much like ‘he has downed tools’. Must have torn a muscle doing all that holiday sightseeing I guess. 

He will be signing up with one of our northern L1 rivals rather soon I would wager.  

He seemed to have "downed tools" a bit at the back end of last season. When on it was very impressive. May just have one of those demeanours that doesnt look bovvered and he is perhaps quieter and I am being very unfair but I wouldnt be surprised if he left over the summer. Anyone have more insight into the type of guy he is and if he seems happy at Derby?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Didn't he pull up with a muscle injury against Matlock last week.....

Nothing sinister 

Same with the rest, Warne and his crew seem to be very careful on returning them from injuries and niggles,  I suppose his desire for high intensity means there's no point in pushing them if not 100%.

Interesting to see how injury free McGoldrick was after Warne came in, for someone that was relatively injury prone for a few years and at end of his career......

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Think Scott Loach has gained a lot of fans understanding, respect, admiration and support with that interview - without even meaning to!

100%. Really positive stuff - comes across as a top bloke and could go on to be a very good coach or manager with that sort of attitude.

Some nice snippets in there about how positive the group is, how well the team bonding is going (and with a purpose) and how excited he is about Birdy. When you hear stuff like that from the inside, it definitely influences how you think of a player. I always think Max can do a bit more in games (we see flashes but just feels like he needs that bit of confidence / Roy Keane'ness about him to have that drive and perhaps a bit of arrogance to really impose himself) and so want him to kick on - let's hope this is his season. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

We've a vacancy for a cheerleader and fans' favourite since the Steargoat has left. Loach seems the right person for the job! 

But Loachgoat doesn't sound right and Loachlamb isn't fitting. He needs a nickname pronto.

CockLoach? Not the rude reverence of "c***" but "c***" as in being the top boy. Could be confused with the insect infestation at my local Chinese takeaway though.