Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

It was a dive but you can't really blame the ref for that. In real time, it looked like he'd fouled him but we have the benefit of seeing it several times over in slow motion.

The refereeing this season has been awful but I'm not prepared to shift all blame on to the ref for that one. We shot ourselves in the foot firstly by the short pass back, and then giving the ref a decision like that to make.

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

And if you were Barnsley, who would you rather goes into the play offs?

I reckon they'd rather not play Wednesday at Wembley. Maybe they think we're more likely to beat Sheffield than Posh are and might prefer us to go through 🤷

Just now, Kernow said:

It was a dive but you can't really blame the ref for that. In real time, it looked like he'd fouled him but we have the benefit of seeing it several times over in slow motion.

The refereeing this season has been awful but I'm not prepared to shift all blame on to the ref for that one. We shot ourselves in the foot firstly by the short pass back, and then giving the ref a decision like that to make.

Well you can, he had an official on the line that he could have taken the time to talk to…

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

It was a dive but once you put your arms around a player

He didn't "put his arms around him" though.

It was a hand placed (without force) on the shoulder that had absolutely f*** all impact on whether the opposition could stay on his feet and get to the ball or not - had he not gone down he'd likely have still got the ball first.

It isn't a no contact sport. 

Was it an attempt to win the ball? No. Was it an attempt to impede the opposition player? No again. 

Edited by Kokosnuss

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why didn't he kick the easy ball out for a throw. He's an experienced defender. I don't care if it's soft.

You don't care that the opposition have cheated and the referee has given a penalty that never was and also sent our man off even though he was not the last man?

Really strange.

Just now, Simmo’s left foot said:

Well the post admin restrictions are clearly designed to punish, relegate us and keep in league 1 for at least 2 seasons. Then pushing for promotion will not do. Quiet word with each ref before each game….

Nonsense. We are where we are today at least in part because we make too many mistakes like this and dont take our chances when we have them. 

It's not a grand conspiracy.