Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

High noon showdown in Sheffield.

It comes down to this. I firmly believe we have enough to do the business here. We’ve been snookered as a club many times before, so what's another day of pandemonium?!

Wildsmith and NML back at Hillsborough, Hourihane and Didzy ex Blades.

There are heroes to be made. It’s in our hands. It’s one last waltz. 

It’s Derby County Football Club. 

Come on you Rams 🐑❤️

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Wednesday's approach will be very interesting.

Do they assume they'll be playing us in the playoffs and not want to reveal anything so rest their best players?

Or will they prefer to play against Peterborough in the playoffs so go all out against us?

They have their fair share of older players as we do. A lot of their supporters attribute that fact as a major contributor to their poor late run of form which saw them fall dramatically from the automatic places. The trend for many years now is for clubs in a similar position to the Wendy's and Barnsley to rest key players for a dead rubber League game. Moore is in a position to play a weaker side with instructions to run the legs off Derby, knowing they might face us in the semi-final games. If he doesn't do that and they don't go up, I think he will be looking for pastures new next season. Barnsley will probably take a similar approach against Peterborough. It's all a bit of a conundrum now. But for now, we remain favourites to pip Peterborough.

Wednesday’s form is fairly good in the last five after struggling worse than us from Feb to April.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do in terms of keeping that momentum going/resting players.

We have to go all out and try and get a result.

Expect a similar team to start. Maybe Collins in for Sibs or NML for his closing down.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Do they assume they'll be playing us in the playoffs and not want to reveal anything so rest their best players?

Or will they prefer to play against Peterborough in the playoffs so go all out against us?

Can't see them attempting to engineer a playoff tie against Peterborough. I expect them to rest a few players but will still be a strong side.

1 hour ago, MarsdenRam said:

Weds will want to go into the playoffs with momentum so expect them to be full throttle. What they won't do though is risk injuries of key players, that would be silly.

So what are you saying? They’ll go full throttle but not necessarily with their key players? 

I've said elsewhere, I expect us to fail in our endeavours to get the result we're all looking for... but I also expect Posh to lose at Barnsley, so we'll go through regardless.

And on that score, I'm also looking forward to a play off campaign with nigh on zero expectation.

We may just surprise everyone, including ourselves!

national-lottery-funding-884x584.jpg

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If they read some of the posts on here saying that we've got no chance in the play offs, then surely they'd want to play us in the play offs.

Tactically, the 2 managers are in  a difficult position, Warne needs a result and will have to put his cards on the table risking showing his hand before the play offs. Moore, on the other hand, doesn't need a result and has to decide whether to go for it and risk showing his hand.

I remember us comfortably beating Billy Davies' Preston in the final game of one season, only for them to beat us in the play off semis shortly after.

48 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Can't see them attempting to engineer a playoff tie against Peterborough. I expect them to rest a few players but will still be a strong side.

I'm actually not expecting Peterborough to get anything at Oakwell other than a bit of a hiding.

3 hours ago, Diego said:

High noon showdown in Sheffield.

It comes down to this. I firmly believe we have enough to do the business here. We’ve been snookered as a club many times before, so what's another day of pandemonium?!

Wildsmith and NML back at Hillsborough, Hourihane and Didzy ex Blades.

There are heroes to be made. It’s in our hands. It’s one last waltz. 

It’s Derby County Football Club. 

Come on you Rams 🐑❤️

Didzy ex Wednesday an all.

Given our record against you, we would probably like to win next week and hope posh win.