V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Is that really surprising given it was thrown together? Been over performing all season and now lack of depth really starting to bite.  

People really do forget this. Warne inherited this team of renegades. No buying power. Most on loan or freebies. Hardly any players are his choice. We also forget we nearly didn't have a football team this time last year. I despair with some so called fans on here

What was the actual game plan supposed to be? What were we actually trying to do to win that game? As far as I can see we had nothing at all, other run around a lot and lump it forward all the time.  It’s embarrassing to watch.  Managers can’t control refereeing errors or individual players mistakes, but they sure as hell should by trying to instil something in the team.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

We can still make playoffs though. And that would be a good season.

Comparing our squad and some of the players we have on the books to other teams I wouldn't call making the playoffs a "good season". With this kind of squad, playoffs should be a non-negotiable. 

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Is that really surprising given it was thrown together? Been over performing all season and now lack of depth really starting to bite.  

Regardless of how this team was put together, if we don’t make the play offs this season will have been a failure. We’ve not been over performing. The quality in this league is very poor. As someone stated before, we’re flat track bullies. Too good for most in this league, but we’ve got a poor record against the better teams, even though I don’t think they’re that good either. 

Onto today, White was poor as was the whole midfield. When we signed him he was a ‘false 9’ play in the whole, etc. Yet we play him in a sitting role today. Bizarre. He can’t tackle for toffee and can’t read it either. Knight needs to up his game. Bird is a massive miss. 

1 minute ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Keep telling myself at least I have a club to watch and that it always takes two seasons to get out of this league, The team's tired. I'm tired, time for bed!

My worry is that those teams did not have restrictions heaped on them as well, so hope it does not take even longer. And there is no guarantee that the restrictions will be eased for next season either.

For those moaning that Warne doesn't manage the game, how the f*** do you manage the game with so few options on the bench.

Most of our subs are like for like, so short of going 5 at the back, which would draw complaints that we were sitting back, or going two up front which would weaken the midfield even further, there is little Warne can do.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

We let Plymouth bully us and so did the ref. When they hit their stride they made us look like the boys.

Not the same side without Bird, can’t help think you’d have been better with Korey Smith in the middle with Rooney at RB (who is clearly talented)

Just not Harvey White’s skill set to play as that lone DM, not a bad player but not the right player in a game like this.

Ref was a piss take, possibly worse than Mike Dean at Boro last season. Appalling performance, have you ever seen anyone more excited to give a pen? What a dopamine hit when he heard that cheer!

There could be a solution with the same players that started today in  different positions. Move Knight to right back, put Smith as the DM protecting the back 4 then get Hourihane and Knight as the pressing/more attacking midfielders. I know it wastes some of what Knight has but we need a solution to the midfield conundrum for sure, we’re like a creme egg at the minute, soft and gooey in the middle 

7 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Right. Always the ref's fault. Although whose fault is it that our heads drop when we get bad decisions? Is that the ref too?

Ultimately we have to deal with it, because being humped by match officials isn’t going to go away. But we shouldn’t have to. Not the number of times that we have to.