Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

56 minutes ago, Srg said:

Usually because we've managed to score enough goals despite of bad referees, so the result hasn't particularly hinged on it.

I made this very point after the Cheltenham game when it became clear that their 2nd goal was a good yard offside but it didn't affect the result.

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I wasn't so sure that that one was offside, but yeah, there's other examples.

But it did seem to be well out, before the ball was pulled back, we'd still be moaning about it, if it had cost us the 3 points.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Since we've been winning games, we seem to see a lot less posts about the biased refs against us. Funny that eh?!

Mr ref-basher here! I have a certain reputation re commenting on referee performances, and perceived that maybe I was giving them too much space in my match reports, and had backed down somewhat. But that doesn’t mean performances had got any better during this good run, except for the last two referees who have been good. Given the difference, you could be forgiven for thinking that they were biased towards us, but this is Derby County were are talking about. So good refs it is then!

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Do not go to the games only listen to radio derby, after watching Dobbin own highlights he confirmed my view lack of end product after his runs, advice to him watch all the clips of Alan Hinton on how to pin point a cross.

Sorry but I’m not sure how you can form your own view, to be confirmed or not by watching his own highlights, if you rely solely on the radio Derby commentary.

I wonder if that crude challenge through the back of NML early on led the ref to form the opinion that they were out to clog our players and he clamped down on their foul play from there on. I noticed that he was also very strict on where free kicks and throw ins were taken and for both sides.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I wonder if that crude challenge through the back of NML early on led the ref to form the opinion that they were out to clog our players and he clamped down on their foul play from there on. I noticed that he was also very strict on where free kicks and throw ins were taken and for both sides.

I don't know but I think that tackle on NML worked - he didn't have a very effective game besides the assist for Didzy's goal.

I expected him to run at the carded full back every time he got the ball, but he didn't seem up for it after that.

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

His foot was knee high. He got to the ball first. The defender kicked the underside of Collins' boot.

I'm not sure how you saw that as a dangerous high kick.

I judged it by the camera angle on the highlights. Probably need Very Awful Replays (VAR)