West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah I got LG. Probably a technical thing then with not updating the app yet.

Pinched from elsewhere.

The ITVX app is available on various platforms, with the ITVX app pre-downloaded and available on any model of Samsung Smart TV from 2016, an Xbox One/S/X or Xbox Series X/S, any Huawei device or Chromecast, a Roku TV/streaming service and NOW smart stick or box.

Simply go to apps on any of the above devices and you will see you ITV Hub app has been upgraded to ITVX.

It is not available on Sky Q as yet, but can be accessed via Sky Glass and Sky Stream.

11 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Unfortunately I won't be going. Already on a job next week over in Manchester, told the missus I can't come home each night as it's too far to drive back and forth. Not sure she'd appreciate a return trip to Derby when it's on the box.

The fully expensed week away without the kids and missus, and a £50 overnight allowance has absolutely nothing to do with it! 

Been there so many times myself.

Love the family, but working and staying away, on expenses, does have it's advantages.

I was working in Hull when we played Manure in the cup a few years back, and we beat them on penalties in a crazy game. Watched it in a pub, only Derby fan there, with the almost inevitable sprinkling of Manure fans (that had probably never been to Old Trafford) giving it large. The landlord and locals though all wanted Derby to win. That penalty shoot out was something else. The pub emptied as soon as we won, but the landlord gave me free beer for the rest of the evening.

Almost as good as being at the game.

12 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think you got anything for finishing 5th in those days but League and cup winners missed out on European football. 70’s football was dangerous but I think the West Ham fans coming tonight are more likely to be wearing posh suits and chuckling about how cheap the beer is.

9C4D2D14-C587-4B0E-ACC2-D299B21247C2.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from elsewhere.

The ITVX app is available on various platforms, with the ITVX app pre-downloaded and available on any model of Samsung Smart TV from 2016, an Xbox One/S/X or Xbox Series X/S, any Huawei device or Chromecast, a Roku TV/streaming service and NOW smart stick or box.

Simply go to apps on any of the above devices and you will see you ITV Hub app has been upgraded to ITVX.

It is not available on Sky Q as yet, but can be accessed via Sky Glass and Sky Stream.

Thanks for the info, but I've actually got ITVX on my tv, it just won't allow me to play live programmes.

ITVX on my laptop or phone will play live though. Good point on Xbox, I will give that a go.

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Play off away leg?

No, I hadn’t been to the footie but was in a pub in central London with a mate, probably early 90s. It was a small, packed pub, the Polar Bear, around 6pm. Everyone was having a nice time when 8 Millwall thugs came in. Targeted the bar manager, pulled him from behind the bar, beat him to a pulp and left him unconscious on the pool table. They then absolutely destroyed the pub, smashed the bar, smashed the windows, turned over all the tables and then left laughing. I ran outside and was hoping they didn’t catch my eye as they left. The incident still haunts me today as I was so close to what happened.

Edited by Jimbo Ram
Typo

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think you got anything for finishing 5th in those days but League and cup winners missed out on European football. 70’s football was dangerous but I think the West Ham fans coming tonight are more likely to be wearing posh suits and chuckling about how cheap the beer is.

We would have qualified for the UEFA Cup that season in 5th.

2 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

And that is why cash is king!

Taking out a large stack of cash would raise almost as much suspicions as B4's suggestion of turning off the location tag security feature. If I was really desperate to go, I would. Just with it being on tv and on a job, I can't really be bothered with the long commute this time for a football match. Even if I got the train, it's £30 return fare, the £20 ticket, then a couple beers and some food. We're probably up at £70. Or just where I am and have my company pay for the night of food and drink. 

52 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Been there so many times myself.

Love the family, but working and staying away, on expenses, does have it's advantages.

I was working in Hull when we played Manure in the cup a few years back, and we beat them on penalties in a crazy game. Watched it in a pub, only Derby fan there, with the almost inevitable sprinkling of Manure fans (that had probably never been to Old Trafford) giving it large. The landlord and locals though all wanted Derby to win. That penalty shoot out was something else. The pub emptied as soon as we won, but the landlord gave me free beer for the rest of the evening.

Almost as good as being at the game.

Aye, family life is great and love them all to bits, family over football and all that. But it's great to get away, not have the bath and bed time arguments or the 6am wakeups for the school rush. Then for the work, playing the game of how much you can possibly get away with on expenses is a great one. We're actively encouraged to use up every penny of the allowance, it's usually spent on last minute sweets for the kids. I'm based near Stevenson Square this week, I hear it was mental there during the Euros so I'll give it a go.

55 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from elsewhere.

Yeah my tv is a Phillips and we're still stuck on the ITV Hub. It loads up with the latest programmes, you select what you want to watch, the adverts play out and then nothing but a black screen. I've asked ITVX Twitter about it and they said it's being rolled out to all but will take time to get across every system/brand. Here's a list I was given of the rollout progress so far; https://support.itv.com/en_us/goodbye-itv-hub-hello-itvx-rkNpVLbSi

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Thanks for the info, but I've actually got ITVX on my tv, it just won't allow me to play live programmes.

ITVX on my laptop or phone will play live though. Good point on Xbox, I will give that a go.

Perhaps you haven't got the latest version of ITVX check out the link above what I got sent by their help team. It's a rather slow rollout for them.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

All this talk of HD viewing, is anyone else actually going to the game tonight? ?‍♀️

Apart from me, @Foreveram and @B4ev6is, of course! 

Where are the East Stand refugees sitting? 

Yes, on the anniversary of the march, me my son and grandson will be there.

We are still in the East stand upper block E.

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

All this talk of HD viewing, is anyone else actually going to the game tonight? ?‍♀️

Apart from me, @Foreveram and @B4ev6is, of course! 

Where are the East Stand refugees sitting? 

Nothing better than in person for sure. The full ultra HD experience! Hope it isn't just the three of you!

Next time I'll tell my company to delay booking projects in until a few weeks before incase of games moved for tv.