West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Let’s hope similar childish rubbish doesn’t happen tomorrow night and it’s all about the football

Too right…

As Warne has hinted Cash could be fit, maybe it's time to partner him in the middle with Davies, move Fozzy to left back, and free up Sibley to have more goalscoring impact further up the pitch in midfield, once he's fit too? I'd like to see that tried as a back four with Smith over on the other side. 

I have a soft spot for the ⚒️. In the mid to late 80s lived a sones throw from the ground while at uni and saw quite a lot of them the season they were contenders for the title. Also saw the ? there a couple of times including the league cup quarter final when we were robbed when Deano’s winner was incorrectly ruled out for offside right at the end. Played some really nice football and I never saw much trouble ?

3 hours ago, The Last Post said:

50 of us from Chadd went down by coach, Stopped at a boozer at the back of Wembley,,,The Greyhound, After a few beers and some chat we were attacked by what seemed 100s of Hammers fans, We took a beating and were saved by the Old Bill, With cuts and bruises we were put back on the coach to park up at Wembley.

We saw the Hammers fans leaving around 10mins before the end of the game, Little did we know they were heading for our end, And to our surprise we were met with a volley of bricks and bottles, Our top lad...K O'Riely stood on the steps of Wembley and was swinging, Our lot were at the top of the stairs a little wary of what was down below, Do we take a kicking from the Hammers just once or take a kicking from O'Riely in town for weeks on end, The latter wasn't an option...so our lot joined in and  around a couple of minutes later the whole of Derbyshire Miners came out of the ground...just like uncorking a bottle of Champaign, Game on, What started as WHUs day...ended being DCFCs day...to quote a famous Norwegian commentator...your boys took one hell of a beating.

There was no Inter City Firm or DLF back then, But WHU did have a crowd called the Mile End Boys who were seen off by scaffolding planks and poles, A really hot summers day, A dust bowl to boot with the Police not knowing how to handle this melee.

Bill Gardner in his book admits that DCFC took the day.   

Quality read that!

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

As Warne has hinted Cash could be fit, maybe it's time to partner him in the middle with Davies, move Fozzy to left back, and free up Sibley to have more goalscoring impact further up the pitch in midfield, once he's fit too? I'd like to see that tried as a back four with Smith over on the other side. 

I’ve been thinking this one - I like the height and aerial presence having the three of them brings and Forsyth crossed an early ball. 

However - Forsyth has been excellent with Cash at the back and I think a solid centre back pairing is more important.

On 27/01/2023 at 11:36, angieram said:

I don't like this comment. 

"Looks like buying tickets for the home end is easy peasy"

We had this last time we played Man Utd. Some coked up glory boys in their chav suits, pissing in the Ladies with the doors open because they couldn't be bothered to queue for the Gents. ?

Not much we can do about it when our own fans aren't interested in buying tickets. I'm just trusting all the West Ham fans will be authentic East End diamond geezers and much better behaved. ?

This really puzzles me, I thought when buying a ticket you had to have a fan ID ? Is it that easy to register and get one ? 

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Quality read that!

Do you really think so ? Call me old dry and boring but I think that’s horrible. It’s what too many so called football “fans”were at a certain time, it got us banned from Europe, people died, businesses vandalised - not quality at all. Not big, not clever. Plain ugly.

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Do you really think so ? Call me old dry and boring but I think that’s horrible. It’s what too many so called football “fans”were at a certain time, it got us banned from Europe, people died, businesses vandalised - not quality at all. Not big, not clever. Plain ugly.

Not condoning the behaviour at all, but I thought it was really a interesting read because of how different that time was to anything I’ve ever experienced. 

It’s like reading history. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I agree.  The season we came fifth (88/89) didn’t we miss out on playing European football because of idiots at Heysel?  Nothing to glory in mindless violence for me sorry.

Personally it cost me going to football in my younger days, I missed a chunk from the age of about 8 until I was 13 or so, due to the fact that my dad was too worried I would get hurt.

Not big and very definitively not clever.

4 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I agree.  The season we came fifth (88/89) didn’t we miss out on playing European football because of idiots at Heysel?  Nothing to glory in mindless violence for me sorry.

Personally it cost me going to football in my younger days, I missed a chunk from the age of about 8 until I was 13 or so, due to the fact that my dad was too worried I would get hurt.

Not big and very definitively not clever.

According to the Middlesbrough chairman we can sue Liverpool - how much do you reckon ?

11 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

It may be to you but that's the way things were in those days. What were folk supposed to do? Shake like a 5h!tt!n dawg? Isn't it okay to mention those days or do we pretend that they never happened?

Of course it’s ok to mention them and discuss them and to have views on them. It’s history and fact. It happened, I don’t want any history censored. Views celebrating them and remembering them, fine too if that’s what you think, but views describing them as dark and ugly are every bit as valid and allowable ! So asking you the same question; Is voicing dissent disgust and disapproval not allowed ? 

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

It was a ridiculous attack. They were throwing bricks randomly as we came out of the ground. Even in these days where hooliganism is scarce at grounds, queuing for the Tube at West Ham can still be uncomfortable for away fans. I have little time for them at all.

Fortunately, you don’t need to go to West Ham station to get to their ground anymore. The Olympic park is easy enough to get around safely and the short walk to the Westfield where Stratford station is is quite safe and well patrolled by police on match days.

Anyhow, on to possibly less controversial and contentious issues… anyone know how many tickets are still left?  I know a few on here are avid ticket counters ??

I was sort of hoping that the weekend would see a flurry of sales.

Edited by Guest
Typo

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course it’s ok to mention them and discuss them and to have views on them. It’s history and fact. It happened, I don’t want any history censored. Views celebrating them and remembering them, fine too if that’s what you think, but views describing them as dark and ugly are every bit as valid and allowable ! So asking you the same question; Is voicing dissent disgust and disapproval not allowed ? 

It certainly is in fact I'll encourage it, The 70s were mad, Not just football but socially too, Employee strikes, The winter of discontent, 3/4 day working weeks, There wasn't social deprivation in those days...you were just poor and angry. 

A huge percentage of supporters back then were male and used football as a vehicle to travel the land and fight, In Europe it was called the English disease now other Countries have taken over that mantle, After years of the police being on top of FV it's now on the rise again...ask yourself...Why? 

2 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Anyhow, on to possibly less controversial and contentious issues… anyone know how many tickets are still left?  I know a few on here are avid ticket counters ??

I was sort of hoping that the weekend would see a flurry of sales.

There around 26k been sold I think mate some areas of the ground just got single seats left.