West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

Not much of a game last night, WH controlled it from start to finish very professionally and we weren't really able to lay a glove on them. Not that we played badly, we didn't, we did fine and that performance wins a league match most times. Bowen is such a class act, and their defence was rock solid.

Criticism of Collins is unfair when judged against the WH back three, but not unfair judged against L1 defences, and it's the reason he's lost his place in the team. He's on a poor run of form, but let's hope he can recover it soon. 

Cashin back is huge, losing Bird not so good. 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bit of a damp squib. Never really got going and couldn't produce a sustained spell of pressure. The timing of the goals killed us, but it felt as if West Ham had plenty more gears they could go through. 

A harsh reminder of where we stand in the football pyramid. But a pointer to where we want to be in a few years.

Concentrate on the League. At least we can pretend to be happy that Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday have more games to play - hope we can use it to our advantage. Back to winning ways on Saturday!

Perfect quote on how i saw the game also,never looked like creating anything which is a big disappointment,before the game this looked like it could be a close game but we were very poor last night,yes the goals came at bad times but dont they all

Having seen the draw before kick off i was not that bothered to be honest about last night as its a game we could do without given our small squad,now it looks like Bird as got a bad one walking straight down the tunnel is worrying  

Hopefully we can now get back to winning way Saturday

38 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yes their LCB looked good I thought 

Their 33 ? yes he looked very handy. Interesting while he was showing his pace and touch, where was NML ? at one point early in the first half he was playing down the middle - there was no forward ball/overlap on - down our right - when coming out of defence ? It looked a weird set up. And the tall slim white guy in the middle at the back. Great close control and panic free. Collins was off it but in any case wouldn’t have got a sniff. 

10 hours ago, KBB said:

On to the proper games on Saturday. Poor performance but no disgrace in going out to a prem team and not playing your best. Let's not dig out players or managers for this one game.

Well said. It's disappointing that our unbeaten run has ended, but on the other hand it continues as unbeaten in League 1 games.

Hugely proud of last night's display.  McGoldrick would have made it a bit more of a contest, but IMO everyone can hold their heads up.  No disgrace in losing to an almost full strength PL team that probably cost 100x or more than ours.  Full credit to PW for coming out and playing football rather than playing an 11-0-0 formation, and credit also for giving the younger guys some playing time once it was obvious that the tie was lost.  And I do still believe that we can get maximum points from the 6 games in Feb and be right up there competing.  Time to "focus on the League".

Barkhuizen had a good opportunity to go for goal early on before they scored but opted to pass instead. NML looked like he didn't fancy his chances down their left side either. I think those are pretty good examples of how we didn't quite have the confidence to really have a go at them. I'm sure the ludicrous early booking of Smith, and the referee's "PL-friendly" approach generally, helped WHam to settle too. Playing on a good surface like ours is again now is always likely to suit PL opposition and WHam used it to their advantage. In the end, the lads kept plugging away, with Dobbin keeping them on their toes in a good cameo appearance, but the opposition just had a little too much quality for us on the night. 

It was an odd atmosphere - it didn't feel normal to me and I can't help feeling that we're likely to have a bigger crowd and a better atmosphere on Saturday. Fair play to the WHam fans though for travelling in such large numbers on a Monday night for a TV game. I wish them well for the rest of the season, particularly if they manage to push Forest a bit lower down the table. 

Fingers crossed that Max isn't out for long, but shifting Smith to the middle and bringing Rooney in at RB shouldn't weaken us too much. 

They played a good team against us and it showed. Forrest fan at work said they showed us too much respect, but to me they fielded a fairly strong side and wanted to win the game. 

Considering we weren't 'full strength' I thought we played well but unfortunately were outclassed by a better team. There were real positive moments and strengths, though which were great to see. 

I'm glad we're out. Continue with the run of success in the league and focus purely on promotion. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

For me the point more was that they were all about West Ham   They didn’t give us a bad rap they just didn’t focus on us and  the commentator had done little homework on Derby 

Exactly how I heard it. Very pro-West Ham naturally, but of course the punditry included a former player. When two teams in different divisions are pitted against each other and one is favourite, the commentary always leans one way. They loved mentioning the 1975 league win.

11 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

The thing West ham fans dont realise is that we get more fans against Accrington Stanley and forest green

I hope some Rams fans aren’t just choosing to go to games they think we will win. If we go up this season , next season will be really hard due to the ridiculous restrictions we will be under. 

15 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I hope some Rams fans aren’t just choosing to go to games they think we will win. If we go up this season , next season will be really hard due to the ridiculous restrictions we will be under. 

Its their money so they can go when they like really. But trying to pick games Derby will win is very hit and miss isnt it! Totally agree re next season

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Definitely don't think that's the case. I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and chose not to go for 2 main reasons really.

1) Cost. Yeah, tickets weren't that expensive in the scheme of things for football, but it's January, literally everything is expensive right now. There's other things that could be useful for when it's on TV.

2) Pointless game. We aren't really competing for the FA cup in our current state. Tuesday was more important, this Saturday is more important. If this game didn't exist, I'd have been fine with it. It was the same reason I wouldn't go to a friendly game. This was a distraction and it cost us with Bird's injury - Warne was right when he said he'd have rather have lost 8-0 than lose Bird.

Yeah, Collins getting hammered by the fans is extremely sad to see. We're a team who can't spend a single penny on any type of fees and have to adhere to an extremely strict budget - yet the striker we signed (for absolutely nothing) within said budget who has already contributed 8 goals this season is getting s*** on by the fans. It's not like we have a ton of better options or that he's not giving his all for the club. 

I think it's safe to say with this mentality it won't be long before we're booing the players off the pitch again and hammering Clowes for not spending multiple millions in the transfer market when the restrictions are lifted. 

It feels inevitable, unfortunately.