Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

At least 2 foot over as I saw it.  

I thought it might have been off side as well but need to see replays. The Lino on the east stand side was appalling. Roberts was pushed two handed on his head for gods sake, right in front of the Lino who just ignored it. Their 15 was play acting all afternoon. Got away with murder. On the other hand the Ref did get it right when McG was theatrical in the box .. Love him but it’s pathetic to fall over like that he just looked stupid. And at least he booked the nasty sod who clattered Knighty before the goal - played the advantage correctly. Then Collins had to be fouled 3 times before he finally won the FK towards the end. Meh .. as long as they are equally bad I guess we have to grin and bear it. 

Very well done today guys thoroughly deserved the win and really it was men against boys. Your physicality, nouse and experience completely undid us. To be fair we’ve been like this all season, pretty football but no cutting edge and we need a couple of old heads to lead the kids. Unfortunately Evatt is so far down his moneyball route trying to find young players to sell on he completely ignores the fact that you need some grey hairs in the team who’ve been there and done it, unlike your man who knows exactly how to do it and is doing a cracking job. There may have been a few questioning his appointment but I think he’s more than answering them now. I think you’ve every chance of making the top two now if you keep up performances like todays so best of luck for the rest of the season. ??

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Glad for Barks. He had some lovely first touches and was a threat all game but he and all the others can only do that because of Jason Knight. He is the one that makes those draws wins. That man is the most powerful terrier midfielder I have seen for many a day. He’s not Bryan Robson yet … but he’s heading in that direction. I was blown away by the effort and tenacity. you know when teams press hard and fight at the start of a game that eventually the “super boost” gets drained. Knight just switches fuel tanks and keeps going. For me that was a staggering performance. 

Totally agree mate, he was my MOTM. He was absolutely everywhere. Really pleased for Curtis as well, I thought he was solid and there was a decent balance with Fozzy.

I’m just starting to thaw out but I loved that. Looking forward to the rare luxury of going to 3 games in a row, so bring on Port Vale!

Left on 91 so missed their goal - up until that I thought it was a very comfortable, professional job well done against a team with similar ambitions. Wasn't too impressed with Bolton, not sure I've seen a team misplace that many passes all year. They looked tidy at times but lacked any sort of threat. Their goalkeeper and centre halves were terrible with the ball. 

Couple of notable points against "better" opposition;

Curt and Fozzy didn't look comfortable with the ball at their feet, the sooner we get Cashin back the better. They dealth with everything in the air perfectly. 

Hourihane and Bird were anonymous at times. I thought Bolton's midfielders won the battle, they just didn't have any quality. It was a game of badminton at times in the second half and Hourihane and Bird were the net. Top class finish from the former though to wrap the game up. 

Knight was very good. As was Barks. Onto the next, great win. 

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

Great result. Shame the home clean sheet record couldn't be kept as for all their huffing they never looked like scoring all game. Professional performance, can see how Warne is imprinting his DNA into the team, not arsed if we don't go up this season as I think we'll be champions next if not.

Ball looked a foot out of play to me for their  goal 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Corrected There to their

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

N’Lundulu was easily their best player. Exact type of player we need in the squad. We majorly struggled with him first half, Curtis looked so far off it. Was thrilled when they subbed him. 

No he didn't. He made some excellent interceptions. Him and Fozzy dealt with them very effectively.

1 minute ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Very well done today guys thoroughly deserved the win and really it was men against boys. Your physicality, nouse and experience completely undid us. To be fair we’ve been like this all season, pretty football but no cutting edge and we need a couple of old heads to lead the kids. Unfortunately Evatt is so far down his moneyball route trying to find young players to sell on he completely ignores the fact that you need some grey hairs in the team who’ve been there and done it, unlike your man who knows exactly how to do it and is doing a cracking job. There may have been a few questioning his appointment but I think he’s more than answering them now. I think you’ve every chance of making the top two now if you keep up performances like todays so best of luck for the rest of the season. ??

I’ve enjoyed the honesty and openness in your posts. TBH if you had played us at the start of the season it might  have been a different result. Yes we were the best team today but only because concentration didn’t lapse and our fitness levels have increased a very large notch. You tried to play football and we could all to easily have been caught if we hadn’t been “on it” for 90 minutes. It was a cracking game of football between two good teams. 

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

I thought Bolton looked very dangerous, fast accurate passing - Ndouyloulou.. a real threat on the

ball, looked a bit Mcgoldrikish at one point avoiding tackles. We dominated today though, but can see why they 

are winning most of their matches!

Thought the played ok up to the 18 yard box but didn’t really threaten Wildsmith at all