Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

I do like having a quick gander on opposition forums after the games and after about five months perusing these forums I think I’ve found someone who seems to know what they’re talking about!

Pinched just now from the Bolton forum.

Farrelli……………Indeed. We are still re-building and it might take another season on our budget. 

Whitesince63…………….That’s just an excuse. Derby are rebuilding from just one year and like we were they are under embargo and can’t buy players, they’re also under wage restraints so we could compete with them if we’d wanted to. The difference is they have a manager who’s sole intention is to sign players of experience who can get him promotion whilst we have a manager who is obsessed with signing kids for his moneyball belief and will exclude players who don’t share his view. I can’t help feeling that IE needs to be more flexible with his system……………….Would I swop Evatt for a Warne type, you bet I would.

Seems fair comment to me.?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

There was a lot of concern leading up to the game about the referee - understandable given some of his past performances- but I thought he had a decent match, particularly letting play continue in the lead-up to our first goal. The odd occasions when he made mistakes were because he was let down by the buffoon running the East Stand line - where on earth do they get these idiots from?

Fair comment. In the heat of battle I did suggest he could have branded a couple of cards. The dive for the penalty from someone I dubbed Billy Bumfluff (no idea who he is) and a tackle on Jason Knight (I think!) that was knee high and half an hour late. That said, compared to some we've had, he was good and I certainly don't blame him for allowing their not-goal.

League one is fun and we’ve taken to it (club and supporters) better than I thought we would. 

BUT, we need to do everything we can to get out of it this season. 

I watch games like it’s the Championship and today was like a Championship game. 

One thing for sure though whatever happens, I’m bloody proud of this unbelievable football club. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You might say Fozzy did too - couple of times early on he should have put the ball out but let it run and gave away a corner...

Thought they both had good games and seemed to alternate with one being forward and one staying deep.

Not arguing with that but it doesn’t mean Curtis didn’t have a dodgy start to the game. Understandable given his lack of game time but I don’t think he’ll ever dislodge Fozzy and Cashin (when both are fit) anymore.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

it smacks of my opinion. He made 5 clear mistakes. 

He really was bad early on. If he wasn’t failing to nick the ball, he was getting beat for pace, and when he did get the ball he gave it away repeatedly. Hats off for the improvement second half, but I think we seemed to compete a bit better to protect him more second half too. 

58 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I do like having a quick gander on opposition forums after the games and after about five months perusing these forums I think I’ve found someone who seems to know what they’re talking about!

Pinched just now from the Bolton forum.

Farrelli……………Indeed. We are still re-building and it might take another season on our budget. 

Whitesince63…………….That’s just an excuse. Derby are rebuilding from just one year and like we were they are under embargo and can’t buy players, they’re also under wage restraints so we could compete with them if we’d wanted to. The difference is they have a manager who’s sole intention is to sign players of experience who can get him promotion whilst we have a manager who is obsessed with signing kids for his moneyball belief and will exclude players who don’t share his view. I can’t help feeling that IE needs to be more flexible with his system……………….Would I swop Evatt for a Warne type, you bet I would.

Seems fair comment to me.?

I did notice that the consensus seems to be we have outbid them for players and have a budget that's likened with Ipswich. ??

Curtis is at the fag end of his career, just back from a serious injury with his first start, up against a big handfull. He lost a duel or two early, but over the piece he did the necessary, we won and they never looked seriously like scoring until Mr Magoo with the flag at the end.

Tricky game today against a good side, and we completely deserved the victory. Could have had 4. 

The tests keep coming, and we keep knocking them over. Fun this. Who knows where it ends?