Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

That challenge has been brushed aside a little bit by the fact that we scored straight after, watching it again on the highlights he slid in from 3 yards away and was out of control, which nowadays I think warrants a sending off. It was far worse than the Bielik sending off from the same referee.

You may be right, the problem (with hindsight) is that you can't play advantage and then come back to send someone off. So he either stops the game for a red card and we don't score, or he lets it go and we do. Which would we prefer? I think it was a great call as it wasn't an obvious red at the time. 

22 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You may be right, the problem (with hindsight) is that you can't play advantage and then come back to send someone off. So he either stops the game for a red card and we don't score, or he lets it go and we do. Which would we prefer? I think it was a great call as it wasn't an obvious red at the time. 

That's not true. You can still give a red card after an advantage has been played.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Says who?  I've never seen that in the rules but stand to be corrected.

32 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Says who?  I've never seen that in the rules but stand to be corrected.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

That's not true. You can still give a red card after an advantage has been played.

Apologies, you're both right, I was thinking of only a DOGSO where the rules were downgraded a couple of seasons back to only issue yellow for a DOGSO if advantage is applied. I wasn't thinking of serious foul play or violent conduct. Serves me right for sneaking onto the board quickly while at work. 

16 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Apologies, you're both right, I was thinking of only a DOGSO where the rules were downgraded a couple of seasons back to only issue yellow for a DOGSO if advantage is applied. I wasn't thinking of serious foul play or violent conduct. Serves me right for sneaking onto the board quickly while at work. 

To be fair, they change the rules so often these days, I wouldn't have been surprised if i missed it!  God knows how the refs keep up.

On 22/01/2023 at 12:16, Srg said:

I don’t know what sort of wages they pay compared to us, but we are capped. And we, obviously, can’t give any transfer fees. Just smacks of sour grapes. 

It's not so much sour grapes as not knowing the subject. They are basing their opinions on what the media have told them, and the media haven't given us a nice ride for a few years. It is a bit like real life, where people base their opinions on what the telly or the Daily Mail says which is nothing like the truth. Hence Bolton fans thinking we have loads of cash and can go and buy anyone we want.

On 22/01/2023 at 15:38, The Last Post said:

Him, I go and watch Belper when Derby are away, Just recently my mate has brought his mate along to the games, Last Belper home game we were all in the Rifleman pub and for some reason the topic of refs came up, Mates mate mentioned that he met B Madley in a pub in Norway after Madley bailed from England for some twitter nonsense he posted, He said that Madley came over as arrogant and thought he was the bees knees, Now back in the UK plying his trade...again ? 

it seem s that is the reffing way. I recently had a CPC refresher course for HGV which was taken by an ex-Premier League referee. He hadn't got a clue what he was talking about, despite claiming he has driven HGVs - he clearly hadn't. He was literally making things up as he went along, which is a bit worrying when he is teaching the legal aspects that go with a driving job. And yes, he was incredibly arrogant, and wouldn't accept he was wrong even when we produced his company's own documentation that showed he was talking a load of alimentary surplus. It was just llike he was officiating at a football match!

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

That challenge has been brushed aside a little bit by the fact that we scored straight after, watching it again on the highlights he slid in from 3 yards away and was out of control, which nowadays I think warrants a sending off. It was far worse than the Bielik sending off from the same referee.

No it wasn't  - he wasn't wearing a Derby shirt.