Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 17th Dec

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Typical derby , I have to miss going to the game and watch at home ,,, we win 4-0 and go into the playoff spots , I know a good few aren’t lovers of warne but I like him and his outlook on the game 

coyr?

Think their numbers are dwindling mate. I wasn't convinced when he was appointed and initially we did look a deal worse then under LR, but we're becoming a very hard team to beat and there's signs that the attacking elements are falling into place too. It'd be churlish to criticise him right now in the same way I thought some of the criticism of LR was over the top and in fairness, today's performance was the best of the season by some way despite some banging on about the oppo. We didn't just beat what was in front of us today, we battered them.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
typo

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Lot of talk on radio saying how bad they were, I actually thought first half they were decent, definitely not the worst team we’ve played, our class just showed and we killed them off at the end, onto Bolton

I’ve seen every game live this season and they were definitely the worst team we have played.

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’ve seen every game live this season and they were definitely the worst team we have played.

They tried to play football though. I'd rate them higher than some who have simply tried to kick us off the park, then feed on scraps. Frankly, I'd rather focus on how good we were today than hunt for reasons to mark down what was a very strong outing.

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think their numbers are dwindling mate. I wasn't convinced when he was appointed and initially we did look a deal worse then under LR, but we're becoming a very hard team to beat and there's signs that the attacking elements are falling into place too. It'd be churlish to criticise him right now in the same way I thought some of the criticism of LR was over the top and in fairness, today's performance was the best of the season by some way despite some banging on about the oppo. We didn't just beat what was in front of us today, we battered them.

We've moved from one pattern of play to another, Different tactics, Different coaching, Different team talks, Different coaching personnel, Different training methods, Different ways of talking to players...and more much more.

These players came here for LR, He's now gone, The players have had to adapt in a BIG way, Some may have liked what they 1st saw some may not have liked what they 1st saw.

The ball is now firmly in our court, 25 games to go, Like you I still think we can get to the top 2 ? 

45 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

He actually makes me laugh. He had a proper whine at Didzy having first strayed offside, then missed from 5 yards despite the ball being laser guided onto his head. he does seem a great lad to be fair, just one who has to play with his eyes popping out of his head. He must be horrible to play against and in a team that's often been a bit soft at the centre, I kinda welcome one or two of his ilk. He does need a goal or two though. Bit snatchy recently.

Yes that sums him up perfectly

An early goal along with a skill gap between the teams makes for a relaxing afternoon. Great Christmas present. Solidly in the play offs. Job done - sort of !

Warne was right and the missed header from them was a warning/illustration of that. We were way better so took our foot of the gas a bit. All the same, you beat what is in front of you and 4-0 was appropriate. 

Some lovely one touch interplay early on, NML is a a proper player who understands moving the ball quickly makes holes in sub par teams. Collins does so much unseen stuff, bustling all over the pitch, little lay offs. He is a real contributor without and ounce of flash Harry - daft yellow should know better. McG is a cut above with the ball at his feet and wins more headers than you imagine. Barks ? Not his best game, for me a bit off it today, not that he didn’t work. Hourihan is a cultured footballer with a deft touch but in this league is lacking bite and urgency. Sibs is doing great, just needs to be a bit more brave and he’d be a killer. Fozzy ? What a man, so calm and to see him striding forward with intent in the 91st minute at his age, 3 serious injuries under his belt, is remarkable. Cashin oozes class, snuffed out so much before it was even a spark. won so many headers and his positioning is second to none. Bird, like Sibs needs to believe in himself more - he is so good - as that volley showed. Just too cautious playing where he does with Hourihan. Smith - solid without fireworks as always.  

Knight lit the fire- I am hoping his absence is all about recovery from injury and form of other players because he showed he is that engine room we need so much - the midfield powerhouse. - we have an abundance of quality midfielders but knight is my must start player, the missing link, the player who can fuse a solid defence and a reasonable attack in to a fully functioning team. Bird has skill and a shot, Hourihan has guile but Knight has the scruff of the neck teeth and dynamism to make the machine work.

parting shot - who was their No2 ? Cheating, diving, moaning dirty little No2 he was. There’s always a player on the other side that catches the eye and who you want to land on his rear after slipping on a big effing banana skin - he was mine for today ?

2 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

I loved Sibley's performance, our new LB maestro

He really has found a new role. If I was being picky I’d like to see him believe in his ability more than he does 

there are times when the choice is - go for it, or - play it safe. Currently he doing 1 go for it and 3 play safe. Just needs to get it to 2 of each 

What a great game today and worth freezing my balls off to watch! (Any chance of turning the heating back on the concourse please David!)

Didzy is in a world of his own out there,a high standard prem player in league 1.

Its hard to believe he actually plays for us sometimes.

The rest of the team were superb and are clearly getting their heads around warnes work ethic and the type of play he wants,high energy and a high press for 90 minutes with maximum enthusiasm throughout.....I like it,it's a pleasure to watch and it's rarely dull.

And I'm turning into a big fan of Warne all round,he is passionate about his team,the club and our future.

Long may it continue..

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong